Greatest statistical offensive performance in playoffs with a loss?

x0x

On 1/12/2020 at 12:22 AM, DirtyDez said:

Rodgers vs AZ in 2010:

45 points, 28-42, 423, 4-1, 121.4, 10.7/YPA

When you think of who Rodgers was throwing to in that playoff game it is remarkable how he managed to throw for over 400 yards like that.

On 1/15/2020 at 2:10 PM, Ataal said:

This is my vote as well.  Brees was on fire that game against a stifling defense.  Who thought, that of all people, Alex Smith would have arguably the best game of his career to win in a shootout against Drew Brees?  One of the biggest emotional roller coaster games I've ever seen.  

None of it was easy, either. There are some games, that season included, where the Saints offense makes it look really easy (recent example would be the Colts game this year). That game however, I remember how hard it felt to get every single one of those yards. That very first drive I had a bad feeling because it didn't feel as it easy as it usually had that year, and then Pierre Thomas got KO'd and that's about the time I got real nervous. SOME of it was completely fluky though; Jimmy Graham should never have scored on that one super long touchdown at the end of the game.

• Like 1

Larry Fitzgerald in SB XLIII (7/127/2) was one of the most dominant performances I've seen. Had Ben/Santonio not pulled off the comeback, the image of Fitz outrunning the Steelers D for a 64 yard TD is arguably one of the most iconic plays in SB history.

Heck, it's iconic even with the loss.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ET80 said:

Larry Fitzgerald in SB XLIII (7/127/2) was one of the most dominant performances I've seen. Had Ben/Santonio not pulled off the comeback, the image of Fitz outrunning the Steelers D for a 64 yard TD is arguably one of the most iconic plays in SB history.

Heck, it's iconic even with the loss.

I can still picture him housing that slant to this day.

• Like 2

On 1/28/2020 at 4:27 AM, Pugger said:

So facemask penalties are only called if the "victim" has the ball?

Well it just means you can't blame it for another game winning turnover by Aaron Rodgers.

Also there was no tugging or pulling on on the facemask it which makes it 50/50 call at best.

50 minutes ago, LowMotorGuy said:

Well it just means you can't blame it for another game winning turnover by Aaron Rodgers.

Also there was no tugging or pulling on on the facemask it which makes it 50/50 call at best.

Really?  A photo of the play in question disputes your assertion.

https://madison.com/sports/football/professional/rodgers-downplays-facemask-non-call-on-game-s-last-play/article_e8fde73e-fef0-11de-b2e7-001cc4c03286.html

The officials missed it.  This stuff happens, probably more than it should and it is ancient history.  But it is disingenuous for you to say that Michael Adams didn't pull on Rodgers' facemask and it is 50/50 at best.

23 minutes ago, Pugger said:

Really?  A photo of the play in question disputes your assertion.

https://madison.com/sports/football/professional/rodgers-downplays-facemask-non-call-on-game-s-last-play/article_e8fde73e-fef0-11de-b2e7-001cc4c03286.html

The officials missed it.  This stuff happens, probably more than it should and it is ancient history.  But it is disingenuous for you to say that Michael Adams didn't pull on Rodgers' facemask and it is 50/50 at best.

One finger that isn't even tugging or pulling the helmet wow the Packers got robbed there. *burst out laughing*

8 hours ago, LowMotorGuy said:

One finger that isn't even tugging or pulling the helmet wow the Packers got robbed there. *burst out laughing*

Nonsense.  You can't even see Rodgers' eyes.  I'm assuming you are a Cardinal and you got the call.  Bully for you.  Like I said - it is ancient history.