Jump to content
x0x

Greatest statistical offensive performance in playoffs with a loss?

Recommended Posts

5 hours ago, scar988 said:

SB 51

Grady Jarrett 3 sacks and 2 TFLS.

Grady Jarrett: So good he can register a sack on offense

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Cheesehawk said:

Grady Jarrett: So good he can register a sack on offense

I missed where it said offense. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Cheesehawk said:

Grady Jarrett: So good he can register a sack on offense

It's where he plays OL and then pancakes the Mike.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/15/2020 at 2:36 PM, Joe_is_the_best said:

Don Strock - 1/2/1982 - Dolphins lost at Chargers 41-38

Comp Att Yds TD INT Rate ANY/A
29 43 403 4 1 118.7 10.2

From an era where 400 yds passing was an eye-popping number. 

He did this in about 3 quarters, right? Replacing an ineffective David Woodley ("ineffective David Woodley" may be a redundant phrase but I'm sticking with it)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/19/2020 at 8:49 AM, Mr Bad Example said:

From an era where 400 yds passing was an eye-popping number. 

He did this in about 3 quarters, right? Replacing an ineffective David Woodley ("ineffective David Woodley" may be a redundant phrase but I'm sticking with it)

Yep. They were down 24-0 after the first quarter.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/20/2020 at 3:47 AM, Mr Bad Example said:

...on a missed facemask? 

Ball was already out before the facemask and it was a 50/50 call anyway.

Edited by LowMotorGuy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No mention of Matt Ryan in the SB?

 

Though Im sorry to those of you lucky enough to have forgeten about that cursed game, if I reminded you of it. 

Edited by The Hitch

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/21/2020 at 1:25 PM, The Hitch said:

No mention of Matt Ryan in the SB?

 

Though Im sorry to those of you lucky enough to have forgeten about that cursed game, if I reminded you of it. 

The only thing people remember from that game is the strip sack so you're not going to get many takers on this. He played a great game (the sack on 2nd and 9 was the only bad play he had all game), but it's not going to matter to a lot of people.

Edited by Hukos
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Hukos said:

The only thing people remember from that game is the strip sack so you're not going to get many takers on this. He played a great game (the sack on 2nd and 9 was the only bad play he had all game), but it's not going to matter to a lot of people.

He's got the best passer rating for an SB loss. And fro what I can see all other top 10 SB passer ratings came from SB winning qbs

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Crazy thing about Jackson’s 140 rushing is that it was in a game where he didn’t run enough. Whole game I was like “why won’t he run?”. It looked like Dean Pees was trying to give him another 140

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, The Hitch said:

He's got the best passer rating for an SB loss. And fro what I can see all other top 10 SB passer ratings came from SB winning qbs

The Falcons that season had a bottom 5 defense. It played at replacement level during the first two playoff games, but I honestly can't say I'm surprised that it imploded in the Super Bowl. They gave up 30+ points in over half their games. Injuries on the offensive line and to other key positions (Mack was playing injured and I'm guessing his body finally started to give out late in the 4th quarter, If Tevin Coleman doesn't get hurt the strip sack doesn't happen, etc.). It was just kind of a perfect storm of bad luck, for whatever narratives people come up with.

It's kind of like how Brady really only had one bad play in the 2nd Super Bowl against the Eagles (the strip sack) but that's the play that defines the game for most people.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/21/2020 at 11:25 AM, The Hitch said:

No mention of Matt Ryan in the SB?

 

Though Im sorry to those of you lucky enough to have forgeten about that cursed game, if I reminded you of it. 

Julio as well.  He’s had some great numbers in playoff losses. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...