FF Elite Fantasy Baseball League - Season 2

crab1106

30 minutes ago, BillsGuy82 said:

Read that.. Same symptoms as TJS with forearm pain. 

That’s what scares me. Drafted him very high last year to be my ace and then he got hurt and missed all last season and now he might be all done this season too..... Only plus is he’s still 25 so. But the injuries aren’t looking good... 

2 minutes ago, klyon7634 said:

That’s what scares me. Drafted him very high last year to be my ace and then he got hurt and missed all last season and now he might be all done this season too..... Only plus is he’s still 25 so. But the injuries aren’t looking good... 

I think elbow and shoulder injuries are just a given for young pitchers at this point. I remember a few years ago Justin Verlander was almost telling young pitchers to get TJS out of the way while they were young. Severino is just currently going through his growing pains IMO.

1 minute ago, nagahide13 said:

I think elbow and shoulder injuries are just a given for young pitchers at this point. I remember a few years ago Justin Verlander was almost telling young pitchers to get TJS out of the way while they were young. Severino is just currently going through his growing pains IMO.

Yep. Sucks for the Yankees and sucks for fantasy owners, but when he’s back he will do great things. 

• Like 1

Couple Deals

HH gets:
OF Ronald Acuna Jr
2B/3B Mike Moustakas
3B Justin Turner
SP Joey Lucchesi

bD gets:
3B Jose Ramirez
3B Matt Chapman
2B Keston Hiura
OF Tommy Pham
SP Mike Soroka
Kylon's 2021 8th round pick via HH

crab gets:
OF Starling Marte
SP Domingo German

bD's Take: My opinion is everyone has a price, even though most of the league doesn't agree. Even my favorite player has a price and it was paid here. Dealing Acuna got me a similar player back in Ramirez, who's 160 game averages over the last 2 years, which includes a 1st half slump last year of (35 HR - 33 SB - 100 Runs - 105 RBI), I also was able to upgrade Moustakas to Hiura, Turner to Chapman, Lucchesi to Soroka, and swapping German for an 8th round pick to round it out.  Needless to say, I'm extremely happy with my return here. 

• Like 1

After those deals, my roster is pretty round with youth and experience, with my major prospects still there waiting in the wings in Luciano, Vaughn, Casas, Anderson, Lynch, and Balazovic.

bD's Probable Opening Day Roster (Projected 100% Keepers = Bold)

C Franciso Mejia
1B Carlos Santana (Andrew Vaughn)
2B Keston Hiura 
3B Jose Ramirez
SS Marcus Semien
IF/3B Matt Chapman
OF Mike Trout
OF/2B/SS Jonathan Villar
OF Ramon Laureano
OF Tommy Pham

UTIL Nelson Cruz

2B/OF Garrett Hampson