FF Elite Fantasy Baseball League - Season 2

crab1106

Well I just realized I screwed up after talking with a few people. It’s my first time in a league like this and I totally screwed up. I didn’t really pay attention and I didn’t fully realize new minor league players (Drafted and international signees) had so much value. I thought they would be drafted more towards the end. So I pretty much screwed up my whole future and won’t be competing anytime soon because my teams stinks and now won’t get any better. I’m gonna contemplate removing myself from this league because it’s obvious I’m not cut out for this type of league 😔

Edited by klyon7634

1 hour ago, klyon7634 said:

Well I just realized I screwed up after talking with a few people. It’s my first time in a league like this and I totally screwed up. I didn’t really pay attention and I didn’t fully realize new minor league players (Drafted and international signees) had so much value. I thought they would be drafted more towards the end. So I pretty much screwed up my whole future and won’t be competing anytime soon because my teams stinks and now won’t get any better. I’m gonna contemplate removing myself from this league because it’s obvious I’m not cut out for this type of league 😔

I disagree here.. Bart, Bohm, Lee, Chavis, Gurriel and Keller are nice young pieces with value.. Solid vets in Machado, Blackmon, Moustakas and DeJong

Hitting wise you need Speed but who doesnt in this league, speed is expensive so I tried to add speed in my Minor leagues with Jarren Duran, Jo Adell, Brandon Marsh and Jake Fraley.. You have Khalil Lee with ++speed on a team that is known for swiping bases

Arenado is gonna get dealt so it'll open up a full time spot for Brendan Rodgers sooner or later, im not writing him off just yet although he's flirting with bust status imo

Sevy, Manaea and Wheeler is a decent start to a rotation and Keller has upside

You can sit on Machado and Blackmon til mid season and theyll fetch young pieces to a contender and if everything goes well, you could contend come 2021.

I do think you couldve done better than Wheeler for that #2 pick tho

EDIT: I like that deal you made with @Herbie_Hancock good deal for your team, good deal for his team

Edited by BillsGuy82
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, klyon7634 said:

That’s up to you but I think you can learn as you go. I don’t agree that milb talent is the determining factor for success in this league, people just enjoy trying to have the prospect that pops. You have some solid young guys and you are only missing a 1st which is made up for with 2 2nds. Take some time to research the first year player draft rankings online and if you choose to go prospect in the 2nd there will be solid guys available. I don’t plan to go wild on prospects in this draft. 

4 hours ago, davisblack said:

Are we expanding minor league rosters or no?

I can't remember what was decided.

I know there was interest in this but I’ll share my aversion to adding more minor spots. One of the big factors in this league is to manage you minors to determine who you are ready to move on from to draft the new guy. Then if someone needs to drop a good prospect then a team lacking has a chance to snag that player to increase parity. I know for me I have 10 milb guys I don’t want to lose but will need to drop a few to get some NPD guys. 

with that said, this offseason we’ll stay at 10. Next offseason I’ll take a vote to figure out how people viewed how 2 years at 10 worked. 

• Like 3

11 hours ago, klyon7634 said:

Long story short, I made a bunch of moves this season that undervalued draft picks a bit. We live and learn. B|

@BillsGuy82: I appreciate all the help and tips you have given me in that most and via PM. I guess I just didn’t fully understand how this worked. But like @nagahide13 said We live and learn. Just gotta improve from here I guess. 

It’s just irritating that I had my eyes on two different guys at #2 that I really wanted but in the end told myself there is no way prospects are going that early so I thought I’d be better off moving that pick for someone I needed and taking the prospects in round 2 or after. But of course I was wrong and now I get neither guy. 

21 minutes ago, klyon7634 said:

@BillsGuy82: I appreciate all the help and tips you have given me in that most and via PM. I guess I just didn’t fully understand how this worked. But like @nagahide13 said We live and learn. Just gotta improve from here I guess. 

It’s just irritating that I had my eyes on two different guys at #2 that I really wanted but in the end told myself there is no way prospects are going that early so I thought I’d be better off moving that pick for someone I needed and taking the prospects in round 2 or after. But of course I was wrong and now I get neither guy. 

Doesn't get worse than trading for a SP you think will help you immediately at MLB level and than he tears UCL 2 days later and gets TJS 😑

Had that happen 

Like I said, Wheeler isnt a bad get

Edited by BillsGuy82

1 hour ago, nagahide13 said:

Long story short, I made a bunch of moves this season that undervalued draft picks a bit. We live and learn. B|

I only value draft picks/prospects right now because im still shaping my team. My strategy was to attempt to acquire top talent while young and hopefully have them peak together than add veterans to get me over the top. Risk involved in my strategy but in a year or 2, when guys like Eloy, Adell, Mize and Urias are producing at MLB and guys like Berrios, Flaherty, Mercado and Lindor are in prime, I'll hopefully be targeting older players to contend.

Other than maybe top 5 picks, draft picks arent all that valuable unless youre in a rebuild

Rizzo and LeMahieu are my only guys north of 30

Edited by BillsGuy82

3 hours ago, klyon7634 said:

I don’t think there is any one way this draft will go. Some teams will go prospect some will fill their roster. It’s a bit of unpredictable chaos. 

Roster is finalized.

My Keepers are:

1B/2B- Michael Chavis

2B/3B- Mike Moustakas

2B- Brenden Rodgers

3B/SS- Manny Machado

SS- Paul DeJong

SS- Didi Gregorius

SS- JP Crawford

OF- Charlie Blackmon

OF- Lourdes Gurriel Jr

OF- Clint Frazier

SP- Luis Severino

SP- Zack Wheeler

SP- Sean Manaea

SP- Mitch Keller

SP/RP- Josh James

My last three keepers were the toughest. It came down to five guys Didi, JP Crawford, Josh James, Gio Urshela and Dakota Hudson. It came down to potential and I decided to let go of Urshela and Hudson. As much as I love Urshela since I’m a Yankees fan I don’t see him having a year like last year. If I’m wrong then great. That means he is helping my Yanks. Hudson has a decent year last year but I was never impressed when I watched him and feel he is gonna decline.  I’m hoping Didi has a rebound year and gets back to his old self and that would be a nice trade piece. James and Crawford were highly touted prospects just last year. James struggles but might end up in the rotation this year so I had to hang on to him and Crawford didn’t look terrible last year when he was up and should get better this year. 

The more and more I look at my team it isn’t as bad as I thought. My keepers definitely aren’t as good as some other teams but I went for potential and I love my youth. I made a mistake dealing that #2 pick but I’ll do my best to rebound. My minor league players are pretty good already and some should be up this year to help me out (Bohm, Lee, maybe Bart) and Rodgers should have a full season at the MLB level. We will find out if he is a bust or he can become the player I thought he would when I took him in round 1 of the milb draft last year.

Once we get this draft going and after the draft I’ll be looking to wheel and deal and get out of the cellar from last year.  Good luck everyone!!

Edited by klyon7634
  • Like 1

The other thing that hasn't been mentioned is that in these dynasty leagues, building a "dynastic unstoppable power house" is a total trap.  I fall into it every time. I draft all youth with potential hoping that my team will develop into a monster. Meanwhile, all of the current superstars in their late 20s to early 40s are winning other teams championships. Guys like Scherzer win leagues, while owners like me horde the Paddacks and Sorokas.

17 minutes ago, nagahide13 said:

The other thing that hasn't been mentioned is that in these dynasty leagues, building a "dynastic unstoppable power house" is a total trap.  I fall into it every time. I draft all youth with potential hoping that my team will develop into a monster. Meanwhile, all of the current superstars in their late 20s to early 40s are winning other teams championships. Guys like Scherzer win leagues, while owners like me horde the Paddacks and Sorokas.

Shhhh don’t let the secret out.

39 minutes ago, nagahide13 said:

True, but get a combination of the 2.. In this league there will always be a chance a couple guys go "all in" with the vets, fail than threaten to leave the league unless its restarted. That happened already. I enjoy learning prospects and feel its easier to research and trade for one cheap than pay the kings ransom for a established superstar.

To each there own I guess