FF Elite Fantasy Baseball League - Season 2

crab1106

9 hours ago, Lions017 said:

Apparently Fantrax allows you to play three opponents per week. Is that an option for us? 3x7 gives you 21 games. You could always do 3x8 and then just have a one-week playoff for the two top teams too. More games is better for seeding next year as well. 

I actually like this idea if its possible.  Gives a much bigger sample size. 

Yeah, that would be a great idea, and I'm on board with that for 2020. 

So if we do that would we do playoffs the last 2 weeks (Semis then Finals) and if so do we combine divisions into 2 and make 2 wildcards? Which I think would be fairer than just having all division winners. 

Edited by Mr. bDoDDleS

41 minutes ago, Lions017 said:

If you keep the divisions and you can play 3 games per week, that’s 21 games. You play everyone out of division once, your division 3 times? 12 + 9 = 21? No wild cards? 

My biggest thing with no wild cards is it makes you win your division and if you have a 2nd good team in your division, then one of you guys miss out on playoffs. Merging the divisions into 2 and 2 wildcards allow a 2nd really good team that might miss out gets a shot at the playoffs. I'm open to either way though

2 hours ago, Mr. bDoDDleS said:

My biggest thing with no wild cards is it makes you win your division and if you have a 2nd good team in your division, then one of you guys miss out on playoffs. Merging the divisions into 2 and 2 wildcards allow a 2nd really good team that might miss out gets a shot at the playoffs. I'm open to either way though

That way you could always play the other 7 teams in your division 3 times each I guess...

I don’t know, I don’t care a ton. This season seems like it’s going to be flukey and more “for fun” anyway. Just throwing out ideas. I’d also be for a roto year with the same categories that we have now. 

Edited by Lions017

Either or. Roto would be the same categories would be my vote, but the H2H with playing multiple teams would be interesting but still runs into small sample sizes of one bad week from your top pitcher or hitter and you could already be out of any playoff hunt. 

I would vote for Roto with the same categories for 2020.  If we keep the buy-in and prizes. I would say winner gets $90, 2nd place gets $40, 3rd place gets $20, 4th place gets $10). Which is pretty much the same as H2H but with the winner getting $10 more than what was planned in H2H, but we go down to reward good seasons from 2-4 place finishers. 

If we don't want to do the money part for something we didn't sign up for I'm also open with just transferring it 2021 or us getting our $10 buy-in back. Up to the rest of the league. 

Edited by Mr. bDoDDleS

I don't mind and will do whatever we end up deciding. I think that 3 teams a week sounds pretty cool and that would probably get my vote, but if we go with roto or something I'm completely fine with that. As you said, it's a fluke year. I'm not super concerned until we have a normal season.

Sorry for the delay everyone, my brain just turned fantasy sports off during Covid and I’m trying to get back motivated. My preference is to do roto for this year because my guess is there will be games canceled all over the place. 

I’d also like to look into increased active roster space options. Just looking at the sick players coming out already and players sitting out, we know minor leaguers will be up and down. I’d rather have that not complicated for people. We want this year to be stress free with everything going on. 

On 2020-07-04 at 2:24 PM, crab1106 said:

Sorry for the delay everyone, my brain just turned fantasy sports off during Covid and I’m trying to get back motivated. My preference is to do roto for this year because my guess is there will be games canceled all over the place. 

I’d also like to look into increased active roster space options. Just looking at the sick players coming out already and players sitting out, we know minor leaguers will be up and down. I’d rather have that not complicated for people. We want this year to be stress free with everything going on. 

Yea I think Roto will be the way to go this season 

On 7/4/2020 at 2:24 PM, crab1106 said:

I am good with Roto, but am opposed to roster manipulations. If a guy gets Covid19 you can place him on the IR anyway. I would be fine with a special designation if a guy "opts out" however, which may be what you  mean to begin with.