FF Elite Fantasy Baseball League - Season 2

crab1106

Made a trade

Sending  - 1B Anthony Rizzo, SP Luke Weaver and SP Casey Mize

For

SP Blake Snell, OF Tommy Pham and 3B Nolan Gorman

I feel I got the best player in Blake Snell who added to Berrios, Flaherty and Gallen should be a suitable long term rotation, added some speed with Tommy Pham and got a potential long term 3B in Nolan Gorman.. Hoping Evan White can show enough to stay as long term 1B but have Miguel Sano who will gain 1B eligibility soon

Keepers

1B/2B DJ LeMahieu

2B Luis Urias

SS Francisco Lindor

3B Miguel Sano

OF Eloy Jimenez

OF Tommy Pham

OF Oscar Mercado

OF Jake Fraley

OF Brandon Nimmo

SP Blake Snell

SP Jose Berrios

SP Jack Flaherty

SP Zac Gallen

RP Edwin Diaz

RP Kirby Yates

What are the rules on drafting minor leaguers? I have eight guys in my minor league slots. What if I have ten, but there’s a prospect that I like better than my tenth guy? Can I draft him and then cut someone? I also have Luis Robert, who is technically still a minor leaguer but will likely start with the team on opening day. At what point can I move him up to my big league squad to fill a spot and then draft someone else? 

edit: never mind, i think I solved it...

Edited by Lions017

27 minutes ago, Lions017 said:

What are the rules on drafting minor leaguers? I have eight guys in my minor league slots. What if I have ten, but there’s a prospect that I like better than my tenth guy? Can I draft him and then cut someone? I also have Luis Robert, who is technically still a minor leaguer but will likely start with the team on opening day. At what point can I move him up to my big league squad to fill a spot and then draft someone else? 

edit: never mind, i think I solved it...

Just so everyone has the answer to this, you draft the minor leaguer then drop the guy you want before picking up the new guy. As for the Robert ?, he can be on the mlb roster whenever you want.

2 hours ago, crab1106 said:

Just so everyone has the answer to this, you draft the minor leaguer then drop the guy you want before picking up the new guy. As for the Robert ?, he can be on the mlb roster whenever you want.

Same with Evan White assuming he starts in Seattle

I think I left a minor slot open as well just in case

1 hour ago, freakygeniuskid said:

@Mr. bDoDDleS and I have agreed to a trade.

FGK Sends - Keston Hiura and Royce Lewis

bDoddleS sends - Trea Turner

I love Hiura but needed some serious speed with how the remix draft turned out for me.

Speed is hard to get, good deal for both teams.. Royce Lewis table setting with all that power in Minny could make him into a run scoring machine

Every time I think about making a move, I look at my roster and think, "I have young potential top 5 guys at every position." I don't feel super confident of immediate success though. I think I'm stuck in that youth trap. I definitely want to see whether guys like Robles, Senzel and Verdugo take big steps forward, and whether guys like Olson, Mondesi, Lux, Paddack, Soroka and Moncada can continue their respective expected progressions.

I feel just fine about Albies and Bieber for the long term. Brantley, Ray and Odorizzi should get me some nice high volume stats.

Stuck in that purgatory bruh!

• Like 1

I feel kind of the same way. My MLB roster is extremely top heavy, and trading a guy like Bellinger could help with that, but I just can't part with my young bats. I would love to trade Harper to even things out a bit, but I don't really like the offers I've been getting.

I love my minor leaguers though, I feel like I nailed that draft last year.

Franco(1), Brujan(17), Pearson(23) and Larnach(27) are all top 30 in the latest fantrax rankings (Waters(22) who I drafted and traded) Rocchio(71), Deivi(143) and Paredes(117) in the top 150. And of course Alvarez came from that draft as well.

I could trade some of those guys to help my roster depth, but I just don't want to lol.