Front office changes

Johnny Nix

22 minutes ago, THE DUKE said:

I've said it before and i'll say it again.  If we have the opportunity to take a franchise QB, we should take it.  Sit them a year behind Dalton while we rebuild the oline and then let them take over.  Even in the best of times, we couldn't win a playoff game with Andy Dalton, let alone compete for the Superbowl.

I agree if we are a top 2 pick, you have to take a QB like Rosen or Donald. If those 2 are gone, OT could be the pick 

48 minutes ago, THE DUKE said:

I've said it before and i'll say it again.  If we have the opportunity to take a franchise QB, we should take it.  Sit them a year behind Dalton while we rebuild the oline and then let them take over.  Even in the best of times, we couldn't win a playoff game with Andy Dalton, let alone compete for the Superbowl.

I know, I know, I know, I know.

I've said this a hundred times.

But the best of times was 2015, and they didn't win a playoff game because Andy was on the bench with his broken hand.

Man i wish he hadn't broken that hand.  Might have changed the whole perception around him.

17 minutes ago, theJ said:

I know, I know, I know, I know.

I've said this a hundred times.

But the best of times was 2015, and they didn't win a playoff game because Andy was on the bench with his broken hand.

Man i wish he hadn't broken that hand.  Might have changed the whole perception around him.

magnoliabutitdidhappen.jpg

@THE DUKE - To expound upon that further, those losses in 2011-2014 Dalton played really bad.  But so did the rest of the team.  They got demolished save for the 2nd texans game.  Those are all heaped on Dalton, and he does deserve a lot of it.

But in the same breathe - saying they can't win with Dalton, we'll ignore 2015, when Dalton by all measures improved a ton, and they had a team that battled hard in the playoffs and probably would have won with Dalton.  Would they have won the SB?  Probably not, but we'll never know.

I know we aren't supposed to get too involved with social issues here, but does anyone else get the feeling all this national anthem protest stuff is ruining football? The league is hurting its product because I feel people watch football to get away from the everyday problems of life. It's just tiresome to see this stuff ongoing. They honestly should not televise the national anthem. 

13 hours ago, johndeere1707 said:

I know we aren't supposed to get too involved with social issues here, but does anyone else get the feeling all this national anthem protest stuff is ruining football? The league is hurting its product because I feel people watch football to get away from the everyday problems of life. It's just tiresome to see this stuff ongoing. They honestly should not televise the national anthem. 

A agree it's distracting.  But it's their right.

I just ignore it when it gets overbearing.

6 hours ago, INbengalfan said:

A agree it's distracting.  But it's their right.

I just ignore it when it gets overbearing.

Forum rules being what they are it's not worth beating around the bush here on this topic to me. We can set up something offsite to actually talk about it but here it's not worth it. Yes politics has keeps into sports more this year than ever before but there are plenty of other places to engage the subject imo. 

15 hours ago, Futbudds said:

Forum rules being what they are it's not worth beating around the bush here on this topic to me. We can set up something offsite to actually talk about it but here it's not worth it. Yes politics has keeps into sports more this year than ever before but there are plenty of other places to engage the subject imo. 

Word.

Let's drop it.

Archived