If the Bengals take Young @#1 or trade their pick, what is Plan B?

aceinthehouse

1 hour ago, turtle28 said:

Is this for real? No way the Dolphins trade 3 first round picks in this draft to move up 3 spots.

I don't think it is outlandish if Burrow is on the board.  It isn't like they are mortgaging their future, these are found draft picks.

If Miami wants Burrow then we trade#2 and our 5th for their #5#18#39

If the Chargers want Burrow its #2 for #6 #37 and next years 1st and 2nd

If the Raiders want Burrow its #12 #19 and next years 1st and 2nd

and heres how I would mock each trade with trent coming back 4 rounds

Miami- 1 Jerry Jeudy WR Alabamna, 1 Kenneth Murray ILB OU, 2 Xavier Mckinny FS Alabama, 3 Harrison Bryant TE FAU,  4 Lucas Niang OT TCU,  4 Damon Arnnette CB Ohio St.

Chargers-1 Isaiah Simmons OLB Clemson, 2 Malik Harrison ILB, 3 Jeff Gladney CB TCU, 4 Antoine Winfield Jr FS Minn, 4 KJ Hill Ohio St

Raiders- 1 Grant Delpit FS LSU, 1 Kenneth Murray ILB OU, 3 KJ Hamler WR Penn St. 4 Hunter Bryant TE Washington, 4 Nate Stanley QB Iowa

now if we trade trent these would all get changed with Thomas being picked with the chargers and dolphins trades or an OT takin with a 2nd rounder from trent trade

but this is just my idea of what i would take if we traded out

1 hour ago, LoganF89 said:

Miami- 1 Jerry Jeudy WR Alabamna, 1 Kenneth Murray ILB OU, 2 Xavier Mckinny FS Alabama, 3 Harrison Bryant TE FAU,  4 Lucas Niang OT TCU,  4 Damon Arnnette CB Ohio St.

Chargers-1 Isaiah Simmons OLB Clemson, 2 Malik Harrison ILB, 3 Jeff Gladney CB TCU, 4 Antoine Winfield Jr FS Minn, 4 KJ Hill Ohio St

Raiders- 1 Grant Delpit FS LSU, 1 Kenneth Murray ILB OU, 3 KJ Hamler WR Penn St. 4 Hunter Bryant TE Washington, 4 Nate Stanley QB Iowa

now if we trade trent these would all get changed with Thomas being picked with the chargers and dolphins trades or an OT takin with a 2nd rounder from trent trade

I’d be completely cool with Simmons!!! That guy is gonna be a beast in the league!!!

I love him and Dobbins. I’d be completely okay if Young was gone I’d want those two because their gonna be studs. That’s if Young is gone. I don’t think he is but those two would be huge

Edited by ripsean21
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, LoganF89 said:

I give you credit for thinking this up but I cannot see/predict that that all will actually happen.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, turtle28 said:

Is this for real? No way the Dolphins trade 3 first round picks in this draft to move up 3 spots.

8 hours ago, Thaiphoon said:

Most I could see is the following (assuming it's a Miami trade).

5, 26, swap 3rd rounders

Or 5, their 2nd rounder, and a 2021 1st

No way they trade 3 x 2020 1st rounders to move up to 2

We did. Actually, we gave up way more, considering one of our picks was the 2nd overall. If you don't think that the Chargers, Lions, or Panthers won't come running for Burrows, you're nuts. Goff cost a first rounder and two second rounders in that draft, plus a 1st rounder and a third rounder in the next draft. That's the cost of a franchise QB in the draft. And Burrows is the best in this draft and his stock will likely climb after his championship game. 

Absolute bare minimum is going to be two first rounders and some Day 3 picks. Any first rounder beyond number 10 overall is going to need at least a second rounder in that draft. 

7 hours ago, offbyone said:

I don't think it is outlandish if Burrow is on the board.  It isn't like they are mortgaging their future, these are found draft picks.

Miami has no future without a QB. 

32 minutes ago, Slateman said:

We did. Actually, we gave up way more, considering one of our picks was the 2nd overall. If you don't think that the Chargers, Lions, or Panthers won't come running for Burrows, you're nuts. Goff cost a first rounder and two second rounders in that draft, plus a 1st rounder and a third rounder in the next draft. That's the cost of a franchise QB in the draft. And Burrows is the best in this draft and his stock will likely climb after his championship game. 

a) teams saw how that worked out for us. And won't repeat the same mistake.

b) we didn't trade 3 firsts in a single draft

c) I concede we could probably get more picks for #2, but I'm fairly certain that it's not gonna be all three of Miami's first rounders. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Thaiphoon said:

a) teams saw how that worked out for us. And won't repeat the same mistake.

b) we didn't trade 3 firsts in a single draft

c) I concede we could probably get more picks for #2, but I'm fairly certain that it's not gonna be all three of Miami's first rounders. 

I didnt say all three of Miami's first rounders. I said two firsts (number 5 and 18) and either a third rounder this year or a second rounder next year.

Goff has worked out well for the Rams.

Edited by Slateman
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, offbyone said:

Actually they traded away multiple good and great players to get those picks. One reason they were so awful last year was bc they traded away guys like Fitzpatrick, Tunsil, Drake and Stills.

These picks for the Dolphins are supposed to reload that talent they shipped out who weren’t in on Brian Flores’ game plan!

1 hour ago, ripsean21 said:

Hope he kills it tonight just to put this to bed. Clemson is no slouch and I’m excited to see them. I wanted LSU more but I get to take a lot of notes tonight!!!!

I’m for Clemson. I’ll be watching the DBs on both the sms closely tonight, lots of good ones but their DLs aren’t as good as they usually are and here they are in the National Championship game... how is that so? I’ll tell ya how, Corner & safety play on D beyond obviously two great offenses!

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Slateman said:

I didnt say all three of Miami's first rounders. I said two firsts (number 5 and 18) and either a third rounder this year or a second rounder next year.

Goff has worked out well for the Rams.

Ah, my bad I read that wrong and probably started @Thaiphoon on this track, that’s my bad.

Goff is still TBD IMO. He played a lot better in 2018 then he did last year and he has a plethora of receiving options in the passing game! They Rams have a lot of questions on offense. They need interior OL upgrades and a RB who can split time with Gurley and be at least good - like 4.0 ypc good - while Gurley is the 3rd down back and gets 15-20 carries a game.

And, they don’t have a 1st round pick the next two years bc they traded them for Ramsey. They’re also going to lose Corey Littleton bc they have no cap space.

I think the rams are entrenched as the #3 team in the NFC West until Russell Wilson declines or retires. The 49ers have obviously surpassed the Rams & Goff and the Seahawks have always been about equal with Wilson and their young WRs making them the better looking team for the next 5 years - maybe longer.

The Rams are going to be fighting for just wildcard spots for the foreseeable future at best IMO baring an injury to Garapolo or Wilson in the next decade.