If the Bengals take Young @#1 or trade their pick, what is Plan B?

aceinthehouse

17 hours ago, Slateman said:

Those guys didn't make him more accurate. Did you see him this season? He was laying perfect passes at 40+ yards. Not good passes. Not great passes. Not passes where only the receiver could get to it. P-E-R-F-E-C-T passes. You ever think that those guys are gonna go high because Joe Burrow has made them look good? Has made excellent reads and looked off defenses all season to get them open? Because Burrow was dropping dimes in their hands?

You know that scene in The Sandlot where Benny The Jet Rodriguez tells Smalls to, "just stick your glove up in the air and I'll take care of the rest?" That's Joe Burrow. You know all those times we've watched Aaron Rodgers, Tom Brady, Peyton Manning, or Andrew Luck and been, "Man, I wish we had that." Well that's Joe Burrow. And y'all wanna not pick him to build a team around a guy who already has multiple reports of not studying enough? 

You freaking run to the podium and take Burrow. 

I saw a lot of plays there Burrow scrambled and threw up jump balls which were off schedule plays he threw and the WRs, TEs and the RB made tremendous receptions over defenders or diving for passes. They weren’t all dimes, but certainly a lot of them were that’s true - again I’m not trying to take away anything from Burrow just pointing out the obvious that the LSU offense was loaded w/ talent everywhere outside of just Burrow.

That's all I’m saying. The same could be said of almost QB who puts up ridiculous stats, he also has great playmakers making outstanding plays for him outside of making plays w/in the confines of what the coach draws up and they execute in timing, rhythm and with accuracy.

I love Burrow, do I love him more than the combination of Chase Young and Dwayne Haskins? 

Sorry, no, no I don’t. I want to see what Haskins can develop into which I think is at least a good QB and to have an elite pass rusher on D like Chase Young to go along with our other good ones we already have.

To quote Turtle - Chase Young is an "elite pass rusher " . O K that's great , BUT--I've read reports he doesn't much like playing the run or give effort to chase down plays across the field.. If true, and I haven't personally seen him play but in the couple of big games .. It could be worrisome .

The second overall pick in the draft needs to be a complete player.

Edited by RSkinGM

3 hours ago, RSkinGM said:

To quote Turtle - Chase Young is an "elite pass rusher " . O K that's great , BUT--I've read reports he doesn't much like playing the run or give effort to chase down plays across the field.. If true, and I haven't personally seen him play but in the couple of big games .. It could be worrisome .

You can’t be serious? 

7 hours ago, turtle28 said:

I saw a lot of plays there Burrow scrambled and threw up jump balls which were off schedule plays he threw and the WRs, TEs and the RB made tremendous receptions over defenders or diving for passes. They weren’t all dimes, but certainly a lot of them were that’s true - again I’m not trying to take away anything from Burrow just pointing out the obvious that the LSU offense was loaded w/ talent everywhere outside of just Burrow.

That's all I’m saying. The same could be said of almost QB who puts up ridiculous stats, he also has great playmakers making outstanding plays for him outside of making plays w/in the confines of what the coach draws up and they execute in timing, rhythm and with accuracy.

I love Burrow, do I love him more than the combination of Chase Young and Dwayne Haskins? 

Sorry, no, no I don’t. I want to see what Haskins can develop into which I think is at least a good QB and to have an elite pass rusher on D like Chase Young to go along with our other good ones we already have.

Yes, I love him more than the combo of Chase Young and Dwayne Haskins. 

Once in a generation QB > Any defensive player + a "good" QB

• Like 1

13 hours ago, lavar703 said:

You can’t be serious? 

Well-- I'm serious I've read the draft reports . That kinda why I threw it out here. Is it a concern ? Is it a legit knock? I said I've only seen him play in the 2-3 big games. I'm not claiming draft guru status.

Just now, RSkinGM said:

Well-- I'm serious I've read the draft reports . That kinda why I threw it out here. Is it a concern ? Is it a legit knock? I said I've only seen him play in the 2-3 big games. I'm not claiming draft guru status.

Do a free trial for the athletic if you don’t have it and check out Mark Bullocks breakdown of Chase Young. He answers all of your questions. 

50 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

Do a free trial for the athletic if you don’t have it and check out Mark Bullocks breakdown of Chase Young. He answers all of your questions. 

An exchange from Mark's Twitter:

•  

• Replying to @MarkBullockNFL

Good stuff Mark. I had someone tell me they watched him during the game and witnessed him taking plays off. I didn’t watch all of his snaps but was there any reason to actually suspect this? Haven’t heard anyone else say it so was confused why they thought that

2 replies0 retweets1 like

Retweet

•  

Nah, that’s nonsense too. I was going to include a run play where he chased down a run from the other side of the field and made the tackle 10 yards down the field to show his effort and commitment, but couldn’t find room for it. Watched six or so games of him now, no issues.

• Like 3

19 hours ago, RSkinGM said:

This kind of stuff goes on every draft process, some reporters are looking to be the first guy to find issues with a prospect. I don't agree with whoever is saying that’s analysis. He's the top ranked player in the draft by most scouts.

I don't understand why people are trying to find reasons to not want the top ranked player in the draft, but to each their own, no matter how wrong they are.

12 hours ago, Slateman said:

Yes, I love him more than the combo of Chase Young and Dwayne Haskins. 

Once in a generation QB > Any defensive player + a "good" QB

I'm not sold Burrow is the next - fill in the blank generational QB - I am convinced that Chase Young is the next elite defensive player. 

It’s fine, we just disagree.