Julian Edelman arrested for being an idiot (jumping on a Mercedes)

DoleINGout

4 hours ago, Tugboat said:

Who are you going to bring in for less than 2 mil that's going to be a better and more trusted target for Brady, than Edelman?

He had a rough year, yeah.  Part of that is obviously just getting older and slowing down.  His body is probably so beat up by now.  But the bigger problem was very clearly just that he became the only real focal point as a weapon, and he's just never been cut out for that.  It's too easy to shut down a guy like Edelman who thrives in traffic and confusion...when nobody is really afraid of any other weapons you have.  Just nobody TEs, inexperienced and nobody WRs.  It was clear the Pats recognized the problem...they went about as desperate as i've seen them go before, trying to fix it.  Josh Gordon.  Antonio Brown.  It just didn't work with those guys.

When you've done what that organization has done...you don't just collapse and compromise for a diva WR because you're desperate.  They need something...badly, but they'll get another run at it.  Whether they find that in the draft, free agency, trade...who knows.  But they'll figure it out and come back reloaded better next year.  It's what they do.

Yes

On 1/12/2020 at 11:33 AM, AlexGreen#20 said:

Good chance he's the oldest WR in the league next year.

Not. A. Chance. Larry Legend is playing until the Cardinals win a Super Bowl. He's said that like eight million times. And this dude is patient. He took like 14 years to get his degree. I bet he's still playing when he's in a wheelchair. At that point his routes will be slightly below average but he'll still be able to make up for it with his hands like glue, leadership, and stretchy arms.

Edited by HoboRocket
  • Like 1

On 1/12/2020 at 11:20 AM, DoleINGout said:

https://www.tmz.com/2020/01/12/julian-edelman-arrested-in-bev-hills-jumping-on-car/

After a year of leading the league in drops and injuries, not to mention a lot of potential change coming the way of the Patriots, I have to wonder if Edelman will but cut in 2020.

This marks what, the 3rd offseason you've now predicted Edelman will be cut by the Patriots? It'll be right some day, but I highly, highly doubt it's this off-season after what they rolled out at WR last year.

2 hours ago, 1ForTheThumb said:

This marks what, the 3rd offseason you've now predicted Edelman will be cut by the Patriots? It'll be right some day, but I highly, highly doubt it's this off-season after what they rolled out at WR last year.

Some things of note for you:

1. I did not say Edelman will be cut this off-season.

2. Last season Edelman was a free agent and there was uncertainty as to his future with the team.

3. Two seasons ago, Edelman was coming off an ACL tear, and his "bro" alter ego was coming out publicly to the detriment of the Patriots at one point in the midst of all the TB12 stuff with Brady's trainer.

4. If Edelman were traded this off-season, it would not be due to this arrest by itself, obviously. After a culmination of events, any move involving Edelman would be mostly, if not solely, based on performance. Leading the league in drops and being injured all the time may catch up to him. (No pun intended.)

That is all I've said. If Brady retires or signs elsewhere, I think that increases the chance of Edelman leaving. Like I said two years ago, my theory is that whatever happens to any single one of Brady, Gronk, or Edelman is an indication what is happening with the rest of them. Essentially, I believe those three players in particular are tied together as one big investment due to their relationship with one another and how that affects the cap.

Edited by DoleINGout

17 hours ago, SkippyX said:

FYI to all the haters:

Charges dropped against Patrick Chung. He was apparently the next Tony Montana on here about 7 months ago.

Conditionally dropped. Aka he made a plea deal and used his money to get off the hook.

Don't try and spin this to make it seem like he was innocent.

• Like 1