Browns hire Kevin Stefanski as HC

.Buzz

4 minutes ago, SirA1 said:

Not that it matters now but I believe he would have had the perfect GM candidate in Nick Caserio, who is also from Ohio and was McDaniels teammate in college so likely knows him well.

Caserio is who the Texans wanted last year for their Gm opening but the Pats wanted comensation. I believe his contract expires this year though so he would have been available.

Yeah they all went to JC along with a few other coaches on that staff.

I was higher on McDaniels than a lot, but I liked Stefanski too.  I was good with either tbh.

I was (am) a huge Sashi honk and a believer in analytics and hiring smart people.  I like they seeming finally listened to DePodesta and hopefully bring back Berry.  Maybe make Mike McDaniels OC.  Gimme all the nerds.

So it only took a wasted season , a HC and GM firing to finally get the Analytics Team their guy? Gotcha!

Let's see if Stefanski can keep Baker from blaming him for all of his poor play and decision making?

Theres a lot of Personalities in that Locke room. Hope Stefanski is up to the task!

Edited by Nabbs4u

16 hours ago, evilpimp972 said:

But why?

He is not impressive as an OC. Hopefully he is better as an HC though...

This is the thing though.  I think some guys are just better HC candidates, than they are Coordinators.  And other guys are absolutely phenomenal coordinators...but just don't have the right skillset and demeanor to be excellent Head Coaches.

As a fan, i'm honestly just not involved enough to even really know.

6 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

So it only took a wasted season , a HC and GM firing to finally get the Analytics Team their guy? Gotcha!

Jimmy ain’t the sharpest.  Hopefully he lets this group do their thing.

Let's see if Stefanski can keep Baker from blaming him for all of his poor play and decision making?

Baker hasn’t really blamed coaching at all tbh, but coaching was a huge factor and largely because Freddie ignored analytics.  

Theres a lot of Personalities in that Locke room. Hope Stefanski is up to the task!

That there are.

Generally speaking, I think they’ll be fine as long as they’re winning.  They need to come out of the gates hot, or things could get rough for him.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Jimmy ain’t the sharpest.  Hopefully he lets this group do their thing.

Baker hasn’t really blamed coaching at all tbh, but coaching was a huge factor and largely because Freddie ignored analytics.  

That there are.

Generally speaking, I think they’ll be fine as long as they’re winning.  They need to come out of the gates hot, or things could get rough for him.

It didn’t start to get ugly until the broncos game. They knew they had no business losing to that team

17 hours ago, N4L said:

Niners defenders said after the game they could tell which direction the Vikings were going to run based on formation etc. 

"They told us where and when they were going to run the ball"

Every team that wins always has players that seem to sound off like this though. "We knew what they were gonna do" etc. You never see a team that wins, and has the soundbyte of "Yeah it was really difficult to tell what they were doing". 

If I'm a Browns fan I'm excited. Would not have wanted Josh McDaniels. I know the Denver fiasco was years ago, but then the Colts saga happened. And if he really did want to come in and have full power from the jump, then I could see why the Browns jumped ship there. 

I've only heard Stefanski speak in one interview, but my first impression of him was that he had a quiet charismatic confidence (being tall, fit, and handsome only helps) Now, I don't know if that will translate to being able to be a convincing leader that 53 grown men will buy into, but at least he won't be a clapper/rah rah guy. Just doesn't seem like the type. This is just what Baker and the offense needed. 

18 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

You think we’re choosing this torturous existence?

tumblr_ntp8l7fz8E1ss8qfeo2_500.gif 

While others... 

tenor.gif?itemid=5039498

2 OC's pretending to be HCs that refused to give up playcalling with a third on the way. Doing the same thing over and over again while expecting different results is the definition of insanity. You are by far a better diehard Cleveland fan than I am.

I hope snuffleupagus* learns from previous mistakes and doesn't repeat them so I can be showered with "I told you so's" and "Don't think you are allowed back's" from all of you.  I'm not going to hold my breathe though. I wish the Browns best of luck.

*(I don't know how to spell his name and quite frankly, he'll probably be gone before I put it to memory...) 

That is all

Mastercheddaar

8 minutes ago, Mastercheddaar said:

While others... 

*other

It was just you.

2 OC's pretending to be HCs that refused to give up playcalling with a third on the way.

Where is that being reported?

Doing the same thing over and over again while expecting different results is the definition of insanity. You are by far a better diehard Cleveland fan than I am.

Not a high bar, but I’ll take the compliment either way.

I hope snuffleupagus*

Its Stefanski, not super hard 🤷‍♂️ 

learns from previous mistakes and doesn't repeat them so I can be showered with "I told you so's" and "Don't think you are allowed back's" from all of you.

No one is thinking of you other than the odd reference when someone jokes about finding a new team.

I'm not going to hold my breathe though. I wish the Browns best of luck.

*(I don't know how to spell his name and quite frankly, he'll probably be gone before I put it to memory...) 

That is all

Mastercheddaar

Ok.

• Like 1