Browns hire Kevin Stefanski as HC

.Buzz

14 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

How. Because it looks pretty horrible given other options available.

Who are your options? Josh McDaniels who as far as a resume dismantled Denver? He resume was working with the greatest QB in the history of the NFL. Saleh who up until this point this year was on the verge of getting fired in years past until he had awesome talent to work with on defense? I think Stef was the guy last year and don’t get me wrong you could do a lot worse. We’ve actually all saw the browns do a lot worse soo. 

17 minutes ago, August4th said:

No one should be surprised by that McDaniels news. Not sure it would've been a bad thing but...

Idk how to feel about that guy. You would hope he'd learn from past mistakes and got better for it but it's still scary after what he did to Denver.

If Marrone is fired next year I expect McDaniels to be a legit top candidate.

Stefanski had Cousins looking competent in MIN.  The running game drove the offense, and Cousins made enough plays in the passing game to keep defenses honest.  If CLE can get Mayfield looking competent in 2020, it will be a vast improvement over what they had in 2019.  I don't see why Chubb can't fill the Cook role for the 2020 CLE offense, while Mayfield and the Browns receivers provide even better options in the passing game than what MIN has had (and MIN has quality options)

• Like 3

On the one hand you could say that Stefanski's offense was hamstrung by conservative Zimmer.  On the other hand, you could say Stefanski must be a weak coach if he couldn't get Zimmer to let him run the offense properly.  Much like the Giants hire, this is another risky move.  

• Like 2