Browns hire Kevin Stefanski as HC

.Buzz

39 minutes ago, Hukos said:

This is unironically a good hire. If it crashes and burns to the ground, that says more about the Browns ownership than anything else. I wanted my Atlanta Falcons to fire Dan Quinn and immediately hire Stefanski because I think he's a bright offensive mind and that's what we needed. And well, you know how that one went.

Every single 49ers fan I've met irl hated Saleh and wanted him fired until this season, so I'm a bit skeptical his credentials as a head coach. Not to mention, has the Pete Carroll coaching tree ever produced anyone good yet?

I think Saleh would be a better HC than DC. Seems like he's a good leader and can command a room. And if he was able to bring Mike LaFleur/Mike McDaniel with him as OC, and Peters/Dodds/Kirchner/Fitter/Peters as GM, now you've got a solid (IMO) GM/HC/OC pairing. 

Stefanski seems solid to me too. Much better than McDaniels. Depo wanted him last year, he got his guy, lets see how it goes. Hope it goes well for them

2 hours ago, vikingsrule said:

Stefanski is a smart guy, he’s been with the team in some capacity since the Brad Childress days. His offense wasn’t good down the stretch, lacked creativity and was far too preditable. But I could see him being a better HC than OC. I’m ready for Kubiak to take the OC job in MN.

Niners defenders said after the game they could tell which direction the Vikings were going to run based on formation etc. 

"They told us where and when they were going to run the ball"

3 hours ago, TheBeast23 said:

Who are your options? Josh McDaniels who as far as a resume dismantled Denver? He resume was working with the greatest QB in the history of the NFL. Saleh who up until this point this year was on the verge of getting fired in years past until he had awesome talent to work with on defense? I think Stef was the guy last year and don’t get me wrong you could do a lot worse. We’ve actually all saw the browns do a lot worse soo. 

Well my first option was McCarthy but they blew that--per usual. As much as McD was a wildcard I would rather take the chance on a guy who was the OC for 6 superbowls and has previous HC experience over a guy with 0 HC experience and no playoff success.

They both have their imperfections but at least McDaniels resume and qualifications lap Stefanskis 10x over.

Edited by AkronsWitness

4 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

Well my first option was McCarthy but they blew that--per usual. As much as McD was a wildcard I would rather take the chance on a guy who was the OC for 6 superbowls and has previous HC experience over a guy with 0 HC experience and no playoff success.

They both have their imperfections but at least McDaniels resume and qualifications lap Stefanskis 10x over.

McDaniels is a product of Tom Brady. 

• Like 2

Just now, AkronsWitness said:

Well I understand that however when you have Tom Brady for his entire career there and Lord Palpatine as your head coach his life was made easy. The same can be said of McCarthy. I am a firm believer in he changed his ways and learned from his mistakes however the thinking of he didn’t want GM control was a step forward and as reports have come through he still wanted GM duties(?) mix that with the way the colts job went down and I think browns fans should be relieved at this point. Is Stef the best option? We don’t know. I do know that he has success with QBs with way less talent than Mayfield. A run first mentality which is what the Browns need. Ideally goes into a slightly more talented offense with the same principles from Minnesota imo.