Browns hire Kevin Stefanski as HC

.Buzz

47 minutes ago, AngusMcFife said:

Folks can call Lamar a choker, a glorified RB, a gimmick player, I'm fine with it. Calling him dumb, I just don't see what the rationale is. He's really a football savant, his football IQ at age 22 is off the charts. 

Football savant? The dude isn’t running some extremely difficult offense and isn’t making all these crazy reads on passing plays. You weren’t watching him making these reads last night to go from first option to second option or third option. Their offense struggled last night cause the coverages were tight because the ravens rushing attack wasn’t there and Lamar wasn’t able to make the throws after his first read. 

41 minutes ago, Mind Character said:

I wonder what made us not hire McDaniels...

was it his past, or was it that we didn't want to make major organizational decisions?

I doubt we'll ever know, but the idea that it came down to Stefanski, Saleh, and Daboll is an interesting one.

I thought it was going to be Daboll.

From what I read, it was Depo vs McDaniels and Depo won

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Rod Johnson said:

Local sports radio has been unbearable the last week, since they thought McDaniels was our guy they prematurely started burying DePo.  If you look at the people making the decisions, DePo is the only one that inspires any confidence that he could know what he's doing.  I'm glad we aren't getting McDaniels and burning the whole organization to the ground.

I agree, I’m actually impressed with the process this time around. Under normal circumstances jimmy would have hires Saleh on the spot last night because “he won”. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, gopherwrestler said:

With this, we just went thru it in our forum. 

he ranked #7 in offensive points scored with a RB that was injured the second half, a bad offensive line, a Kirk Cousins, Thielen out over half of the year, and barely another WR on the roster. 

what hurt the most going thru the previous couple years and seeing our defense dip below the top 5 in the league this year.... Time of Possession. He ranked #27 this year. 

comparing it to the year of 2017, the Vikings defense was basically on the field a full game extra in 2019. 

there were a decent amount of 3 and outs, but he is safe, no turnovers, but when the time is right he takes his shots. We all still think this is more of the Zimmer push than his own.

Awesome, thanks!

21 minutes ago, Rod Johnson said:

Local sports radio has been unbearable the last week, since they thought McDaniels was our guy they prematurely started burying DePo.  If you look at the people making the decisions, DePo is the only one that inspires any confidence that he could know what he's doing.  I'm glad we aren't getting McDaniels and burning the whole organization to the ground.

you've got a game to play man. 

• Like 5

I am interested to see the Staff that is assembled.....

I am already thinking he is going to Bring in Brad Childress and Pat Shurmer....

I was Hurt to see Joe Whitt Jr. got to the Falcons...I was thinking he should be promoted to DC.....and we NEED to keep our ST coordinator.....this is the first year of stable ST in many years....

Also on a Second Note.....I was very disappointed when we lost Andrew Berry...but he wasnt Hightower or all the folks that Dorsey brought in, so there was no room for him. But he's a guy who played football in College, where he studied Business/Economics, then he got a Masters in Computer Science....he understands real football and Analytics.....I really like this guy.

For those that dont know him....I will make a Sunday Analogy.......If we considered Sashi Brown as the Apostle Paul (for the work he did...the year he took over we were lacking draft picks, and cap space....not to mention that we had the #1 paid Defense but the 32nd rated Defense)......then Getting Andrew Berry would be like Hiring Timothy, to take over the Apostle Paul....

23 minutes ago, DaWg_LB. said:

I am interested to see the Staff that is assembled.....

I am already thinking he is going to Bring in Brad Childress and Pat Shurmer....

I was Hurt to see Joe Whitt Jr. got to the Falcons...I was thinking he should be promoted to DC.....and we NEED to keep our ST coordinator.....this is the first year of stable ST in many years....

I’m willing to bet he won’t touch Brad Childress.

• Like 1

"Under Stefanski’s tutelage, Cousins became the first QB in NFL history to throw for at least 4,000 yards, at least 30 passing TDs, 10 or fewer INTs and complete at least 70.0% of his passes in a season."

MKC @plainsD

hopefully some of that rubs off on Baker. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

"Under Stefanski’s tutelage, Cousins became the first QB in NFL history to throw for at least 4,000 yards, at least 30 passing TDs, 10 or fewer INTs and complete at least 70.0% of his passes in a season."

MKC @plainsD

hopefully some of that rubs off on Baker. 

Yeah but they lost yesterday so he sucks 

• Like 4