Browns hire Kevin Stefanski as HC

.Buzz

Just now, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Your contributions to this thread and this forum are endless.

Thank you.

Team sashi

Team hue

Team Freddie

Your record is spotless...let me tell ya...im sure you must be right on with this hire based on your previous record..

And yet you still like to talk down to others when their opinion doesn't jive with yours

Thumbs up amigo..you the best

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, big poppa pump said:

Team sashi

Team hue

Team Freddie

Your record is spotless...let me tell ya...im sure you must be right on with this hire based on your previous record..

And yet you still like to talk down to others when their opinion doesn't jive with yours

Thumbs up amigo..you the best

I would go through all of your missteps but you’ve never been important enough for me to remember or pay attention to. I just know you’re anti smart people (clearly the stance of a smart, smart person).

Since you clearly have nothing to add to this conversation and would rather focus your butt frustrations on lil old me, I’ll let you have the last word.

From What I hear....there are a lot of respected NFL folks who think Stefanski was the next up and coming young coach....even to the point where if Minny lost in the first round, Zimmer might be out and Stefanski in.

So, this guy could work. He seems to have the least amount of supporters, but the least amount of haters then any coach we hired in recent memory....

• Like 1

I'm very satisfied with this hire and hope that we don't bail on him if we drop another dud this season.  I feel much more confident with time he will develop into a decent head coach based on his intelligence, his ability to survive multiple coaching changes in Minnesota, and that throughout his career he has been pretty consistently promoted even through the coaching changes.  I think we will see rookie head coach struggles like Freddie, but we are going to see somebody who is going to adjust and learn on the job.  It wasn't the sexy pick, but it seems like a safe bet with a lot of upside.

We will see about our personnel guys.  I didn't really like Andrew Berry's work here.  I'm not a huge believer that the draft is a crapshoot and that you just need a lot of ammo to hit.  I think that some people have much better eyes for talent than others.  That said, if we just implement and stick with a system, we should be able pick players that fit in what we are running.  With the coach and FO aligned that will be much easier.

Edited by Rod Johnson
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, Rod Johnson said:

I'm very satisfied with this hire and hope that we don't bail him if we drop another dud this season.  I feel much more confident with time he will develop into a decent head coach based on his intelligence, his ability to survive multiple coaching changes in Minnesota, and that throughout his career he has been pretty consistently promoted even through the coaching changes.  I think we will see rookie head coach struggles like Freddie, but we are going to see somebody who is going to adjust and learn on the job.  It wasn't the sexy pick, but it seems like a safe bet with a lot of upside.

I agree with this.

I can live with rookie mistakes provided they learn from them.  Not learning and not using available info to do your job more effectively is unforgivable though, and those seem to be the basis of Freddie’s undoing.

We will see about our personnel guys.  I didn't really like Andrew Berry's work here.  I'm not a huge believer that the draft is a crapshoot and that you just need a lot of ammo to hit.  I think that some people have much better eyes for talent than others. 

We can agree to disagree, but if a guy has an “eye for talent” why do they miss half the time?  Like, do you have the ability to spot it, or not?

That said, if we just implement and stick with a system, we should be able pick players that fit in what we are running.  With the coach and FO aligned that will be much easier.

Completely agree here.

The infighting between HC, FO, analytics has been absurd and childish tbh. To think it took this long to hopefully get 3 guys rowing in the same direction is nuts.

Hopefully we can have some continuity and consistency and really start to develop a scheme and players for that scheme.

9 minutes ago, DaWg_LB. said:

From What I hear....there are a lot of respected NFL folks who think Stefanski was the next up and coming young coach....even to the point where if Minny lost in the first round, Zimmer might be out and Stefanski in.

So, this guy could work. He seems to have the least amount of supporters, but the least amount of haters then any coach we hired in recent memory....

It's the sexy beard.

5 hours ago, zelbell said:

@AngusMcFife consider this a warning for trolling and bringing race into this discussion.

Let’s get back to discussing the hiring of Stefanski as head coach

Consider this a formal warning for directing us to talk about Kevin Stefanski at a time like this. 

source: missing the simpler times of chicken wings, sludge metal, and racism: the trifecta

4 hours ago, big poppa pump said:

Glad webby stepped in to get rid of Anus.  I was wondering why @NudeTayne was absent in his mod duties. 

i know he's not really a mod, but I like to make him feel good about himself

Don't be a patronizing jerk. Consider this a formal warning for doubting webby's mod status.

3 hours ago, DaWg_LB. said:

Also on a Second Note.....I was very disappointed when we lost Andrew Berry...but he wasnt Hightower or all the folks that Dorsey brought in, so there was no room for him. But he's a guy who played football in College, where he studied Business/Economics, then he got a Masters in Computer Science....he understands real football and Analytics.....I really like this guy.

For those that dont know him....I will make a Sunday Analogy.......If we considered Sashi Brown as the Apostle Paul (for the work he did...the year he took over we were lacking draft picks, and cap space....not to mention that we had the #1 paid Defense but the 32nd rated Defense)......then Getting Andrew Berry would be like Hiring Timothy, to take over the Apostle Paul....

This is a formal warning. We don't discuss computer science in this forum.

• Like 1