Browns hire Kevin Stefanski as HC

.Buzz

Just now, NateDawg said:

It’s gettin tense around these parts..

Its like all the dudes wives are going through hell week all at the same time ...

Lets all just celebrate that we made a hire and can’t screw up much else as an entity until April. And let out our frustrations on other fanbases rather then our own ... 

We actually can't screw up much until August/September.  We can complain about the draft and they didn't get this guy but if the guy they draft is actually good (even though no one heard of him) is fine.  Just no more Austin Corbet's

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NateDawg said:

Its like all the dudes wives are going through hell week all at the same time ...

Lets all just celebrate that we made a hire and can’t screw up much else as an entity until April. And let out our frustrations on other fanbases rather then our own ... 

New uniforms come out end of end of March. There is plenty to screw up lol

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BooyaCS09 said:

We actually can't screw up much until August/September.  We can complain about the draft and they didn't get this guy but if the guy they draft is actually good (even though no one heard of him) is fine.  Just no more Austin Corbet's

Fair. So let’s keep up the theme of “offseason champs” just like last season. Just maybe a little less peacocking. 

1 minute ago, AkronsWitness said:

New uniforms come out end of end of March. There is plenty to screw up lol

Fair, but also, has to be an upgrade on the last uniform rollout.

4 minutes ago, BooyaCS09 said:

Which, connect the dots, puts credence to the rumors that Dorsey was trying to influence who plays.  Hey play this guy, no you played Chris smith instead... Ok I will cut him... Now play this guy...

I mean, he definitely did it with the running backs the year before with Hyde.

5 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

Hey my man I’m good. I’m still waiting on @brooks1957 to see what the hell I did to offend him. I have no problem hashing things out. He just has to bring it. I’m off to bed soon I got a big week of crap I have to get done. 

• Like 2

I'm actually liking this hire more and more. Stefanski sounds a bit like john Harbaugh. Willing to listen to the people asking him. Willing to listen to the numbers and make mathematically based decisions. That's probably why you don't see him getting very emotional on the sidelines. 

Stef doesn't seem like the guy who will force his way after agreeing to do things according to the team vision. Which hey, if you have a bunch of really smart people working their tails off is not all about the head coach being a mastermind. Just follow the odds and try to do some things the opposing team hasn't seen using your best players.

Sounds like the most all around choice. Good with the game and good with people. 

• Like 1

The Stephanski FF Browns 16. Well done boys.

Bucketheadsdad

Thursday at 06:56 AM
  •  

Bonanza23

Thursday at 07:12 AM
  •  

cortes02

Thursday at 07:17 AM
  •  

DawgX

Thursday at 07:46 AM
  •  

Kiwibrown

Thursday at 07:55 AM
  •  

freakygeniuskid

Thursday at 09:09 AM
  •  

brownie man

Thursday at 09:29 AM
  •  

Here'sJim

Thursday at 11:12 AM
  •  

Browns1987

Thursday at 12:44 PM
  •  

Don Roshi

Thursday at 12:53 PM
  •  

Pruitt3443

Thursday at 01:17 PM
  •  

ReggieCamp

Friday at 04:41 AM
  •  

BrownsDog23

Friday at 08:16 AM
  •  

JDBrocks

Saturday at 02:37 PM
  •  

rre63

Yesterday at 03:42 AM
  •  

mtmmike

• Like 2

If this is true, this is the beginning of the end.

I can understand the Haslam's feeling as though the Head Coach had to have some accountability for game planning, especially after Freddie reportedly gave no F*cks, but WTF are Jimmy, Dee, and JW going to do with the game-plans besides feel the need to interfere and F-things up.

This is madness.

Being a head coach is hard enough. You don't want the coaches to feel like ownership is prying into every part of the football operations. The team and coaches need the space to do their thing.

I can understand the Analytics department collaboration. That's something that we as fans should be excited about. Our HC will have a foundation of situational and opponent data from which intuitive decisions can be made.

Information gets out... you don't know people's motivations in their current job placement so you want the gameplan in the hands of as few people as possible and mostly people who's jobs or livelihood would be on the line if the team doesn't perform well (coaches and players). You don't want detailed gameplans flying around various computers/personal devices, and in people's possessions.

The word "turn in" is a little wild. Hopefully Dustin Fox is just being sour grapes regarding his guy McDaniels not getting the job.

It absolutely makes sense for the Head Coach to collaborate with the analytics on game planning, situational calls, or what the the opposing team likes to do, but (if true) this seems like Jimmy and co. could really F-this up.

1 hour ago, Mind Character said:

If this is true, this is the beginning of the end.

I can understand the Haslam's feeling as though the Head Coach had to have some accountability for game planning, especially after Freddie reportedly gave no F*cks, but WTF are Jimmy, Dee, and JW going to do with the game-plans besides feel the need to interfere and F-things up.

This is madness.

Being a head coach is hard enough. You don't want the coaches to feel like ownership is prying into every part of the football operations. The team and coaches need the space to do their thing.

I can understand the Analytics department collaboration. That's something that we as fans should be excited about. Our HC will have a foundation of situational and opponent data from which intuitive decisions can be made.

Information gets out... you don't know people's motivations in their current job placement so you want the gameplan in the hands of as few people as possible and mostly people who's jobs or livelihood would be on the line if the team doesn't perform well (coaches and players). You don't want detailed gameplans flying around various computers/personal devices, and in people's possessions.

The word "turn in" is a little wild. Hopefully Dustin Fox is just being sour grapes regarding his guy McDaniels not getting the job.

It absolutely makes sense for the Head Coach to collaborate with the analytics on game planning, situational calls, or what the the opposing team likes to do, but (if true) this seems like Jimmy and co. could really F-this up.

No it isnt the beginning of the end.  You realize the Pat's, ravens, eagles and other teams do this.  The Cleveland media is going no analytics....bad... 

https://www.si.com/nfl/browns/browns-maven-features/its-about-time-the-cleveland-browns-joined-footballs-modern-age

• Like 1