Browns hire Kevin Stefanski as HC

.Buzz

10 hours ago, Mind Character said:

I can understand the Haslam's feeling as though the Head Coach had to have some accountability for game planning, especially after Freddie reportedly gave no F*cks, but WTF are Jimmy, Dee, and JW going to do with the game-plans besides feel the need to interfere and F-things up.

Dude, Jimmy, his wife, and his son in law have YEARS of experience running a successful non-football business (just don't ask the FBI how they achieved those sales figures), a long history of patient strategic thinking (I mean, Dorsey had 2 whole years to clean up the last 8 years of mess), and incredible listening skills (bolstered by an army of homeless guys with opinions on our draft)...what could possibly go wrong with them meddling with game plans????

Edited by dawgdish
  • Like 3

14 hours ago, Bonanza23 said:

You Baker haters are going to hate Stefanski. He’s going to take Baker’s gifted abilities and use them as they should have been used in the first place. 

No one hates Baker. Well, apart from Aztec, but he'll come to love him as much as he loves Darnold.

• Like 1

I had already resigned myself to McDaniels, so I didn't exactly know how to feel when I heard the news.

He's the guy I wanted, so I can't complain.  Yet another guy with no HC experience though, so some growing pains are imminent.

He is our Polish prince.  Until he isn't.  But for now, welcome to Cleveland!

• Like 4

3 hours ago, brooks1957 said:

@Bonanza23 Here is the answer you are looking for. I don't find the entire genre of "your momma" lines funny - in fact I find them juvenile, insulting and inflammatory. When you, thinking you were funny (I am guessing), fired one of those lines at me - it became personal.

I lost my mother five years ago in 2014. There is not a day that goes by that I don't think of her and miss her terribly.

All that being said - I am willing to put this aside and carry on like grown men. If we can treat each other moving forward with respect, then we are good and I will consider this put to bed.

Thanks for letting me know what upset you, I appreciate that. My apologies for offending you, it definitely wasn’t intended. Sorry to hear about your mom, it’s never easy losing a family member especially a mother. 

We’re good my man, let’s move forward 🙂

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Mind Character said:

Should've been Jim Schwartz.

Hope against hope that Brad Childress has nothing to do with the hire.

Hope somehow some way Gary Kubiak comes with Stefanski. Maybe he hires his son Klint to facilitate that process.

Not the best hire, but it could've been worse. Have to hope last year's process wasn't just the deciding factor that made them unwilling to be open to other candidates.

-----------------

Remaining Questions on Stefanski:

1.) What's Stefanski's offense away from Kubiak? Is it the DeFillipo-Kubiak mix or does he have core philosophy similar to what the Vikings are doing currently (Kubiak Outside zone, Play-Action)?

2.) Can Stefanksi lead the offense and team successfully without the shepherding of an elite mentor coach and wise mind like Gary Kubiak?

3.) Can Stefanski command the locker room?

4.) Can he hold players accountable?

5.) Can he build an effective, tough-minded and disiciplined culture?

----------------

Gary Kubiak has guidance/mentorship meetings with Kevin Stefanski after every offensive meeting. They talk every detail through. Gary watches Kevin teach and offers development tips. Gary Kubiak meets with Kirk Cousins and drills him mentally and meets with him to improve his mentality and approach.

The outside zone and play-action heavy play-calling and play-sequencing is a Gary Kubiak installation with Stefanski's collaboration. Prior to Kubiak, the Vikings offense was the John DeFillipo offense. When Stefanski took over as the interim OC, there was no time to change playbooks at the end of the season.

This has led people to question: What is Stefanski's core offensive philosophy on his own? Is he an outside zone, play-action guy or will he be something much different or with less mastery when he's out on his own.

Stefansk,  like Matt LaFleur and younger unproven head coaches, is going to require early success to facilitate buy-in to his plan and belief in him.

Coming off a game where there's disbelief in the fan base and media, if it starts out rocky there will be questioning of Stefanski narratives swirling around the players and coaching staff.

Could be a recipe for players tuning him out as he may not possess the quality to command the locker room. LaFleur was the same way. Winning and early success concretized the buy in from players.

We have to go all in and free agency and the draft to help him get off to a good start.

Everyone was through the moon when we hired Freddie Kitchens.

Excitement at the point of hire and excitement at the opening press conference isn't predictive of any longterm success.

Hiring Gary and/or Klint Kubiah is the highest priority right now.

Ensuring that Stefanski doesn't get away from the outside zone, play-action heavy game is the most important thing right now

You're the worst.

Edited by NudeTayne
Also, you missed the opportunity to mention the question as to how he will be perceived by minorities, like Grossi did.
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, Bonanza23 said:

Thanks for letting me know what upset you, I appreciate that. My apologies for offending you, it definitely wasn’t intended. Sorry to hear about your mom, it’s never easy losing a family member especially a mother. 

We’re good my man, let’s move forward 🙂