Browns hire Kevin Stefanski as HC

.Buzz

2 hours ago, NudeTayne said:

So wait...now you are somewhat excited for reals about the hire?

1 hour ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

He’ll go back and forth a few time so he can quote himself either way in 2 years.

I started out Stefanski #1 out of the initial candidate list.

Then, Jim Schwartz entered late and he immediately became my #1 clear choice with Stefanski #2.

At the very end right before the announcement I moved Daboll ahead of Stefanski at #2 because:

1. My fear that without Kubiak Stefanksi's core offensive philosophy may change back to less play-action and far less outside zone like it was when he was the interim OC after DeFilippo's firing the previous season,
  2.  I couldn't find any clear info about his ability to command a locker room and hold players accountable,
  3. I was able to find info that pointed to elite culture/program building traits and the ability to hold players accountable for Brian Daboll.

As long as we hired 1 of Schwartz, Stefanski, or Daboll in my mind it would be a good hire, but I had Schwartz as the clear favorite so I was disappointed to hear another option announced.

After the hire, finding out that Stefanski is committed to the outside zone, heavy play-action system, as well as hearing Kyle Rudolph's comments about Stefanski being able to command the locker room and hold guys accountable has alleviated a lot of my fears and got me back on the good times excitement train for Stefanski.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, hornbybrown said:

Well our new coach definitely gives Brady Quinn a run for hottest Brown ever

Doesn't matter.  I pointed that out to my wife....she still won't sit down to watch a game with me.  I managed to get her to watch a quarter of the Army/Navy game this year.  That's it in 24 years of marriage.  Hell, the last time she was at an actual game, for the game, was our 1999 state championship game when I was coaching (we beat Ironton).

She'll watch some baseball.  Used to be a Grady gal, now has moved on to Tyler Naquin.  

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Mind Character said:

Then, Jim Schwartz entered late and he immediately became my #1 clear choice with Stefanski #2.

At the very end right before the announcement I moved Daboll ahead of Stefanski at #2 because:

1. My fear that without Kubiak Stefanksi's core offensive philosophy may change back to less play-action and far less outside zone like it was when he was the interim OC after DeFilippo's firing the previous season,
  2.  I couldn't find any clear info about his ability to command a locker room and hold players accountable,
  3. I was able to find info that pointed to elite culture/program building traits and the ability to hold players accountable for Brian Daboll.

As long as we hired 1 of Schwartz, Stefanski, or Daboll in my mind it would be a good hire, but I had Schwartz as the clear favorite so I was disappointed to hear another option announced.

After the hire, finding out that Stefanski is committed to the outside zone, heavy play-action system, as well as hearing Kyle Rudolph's comments about Stefanski being able to command the locker room and hold guys accountable has alleviated a lot of my fears and got me back on the good times excitement train for Stefanski.

Jesus man I was joking, just go with it.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Mind Character said:

Spread offenses are sexy, but you win with play action.

He needs athletic offensive linemen to make it work though.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Mind Character said:

How many keyboards do you buy a year?

O/U 4.5

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Mind Character said:

You and Tayne were the only true believers in Schwartz. *dramatic sigh* What could have been. But Stefanski does indeed seem like the right guy with the more that is coming out about him. 

We almost had Prince Joffrey there for a moment--probably dodged a crossbow bolt and a beheading or two there. 

Can't lie...Tayne literally can't...but also as a figure of speech, can't lie in that Daboll would have been a great hire because you would be in text-wall overdrive while even mortal enemies would be setting past differences aside to go to battle. *sigh*

11 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Jesus man I was joking, just go with it.

Joke's on you 'cause that ain't happening--not now, not ever.

• Like 2