Browns hire Kevin Stefanski as HC

.Buzz

6 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Eh, when a bunch of dudes want your job it’s not easy to start making demands.

Yes/No

Hue Jackson had that in his contract.

But, at the same point, as awful as Jimmy is, there are still only 32 jobs like this in the world.

The reality is, you can afford to fail once as an HC and still get a 2nd chance. You can't fail twice and get a 3rd chance.

Just now, MWil23 said:

Yes/No

Hue Jackson had that in his contract.

Hue took a much less enticing job.  The roster then vs now is much different.

Just now, MWil23 said:

But, at the same point, as awful as Jimmy is, there are still only 32 jobs like this in the world.

Yep.  Jimmy has half a dozen well qualified dudes ready to go.

Just now, MWil23 said:

The reality is, you can afford to fail once as an HC and still get a 2nd chance. You can't fail twice and get a 3rd chance.

Yep.

Dang it, I said I wasn't gunna do it - yet here we are.

After dealing with the prolonged disappointment of 2018, I said to myself I was not going to go all gaga over the new coach - whoever he may be. As the candidates were identified, I still said "I don't care about now - I will only start to evaluate this hire when the games begin to count in September". I even began to have that glossed over look in the eyes when I saw the six Super Bowl rings that Josh McDaniels owned. Because of that, I posted in other threads that I was on Team McDaniels.

Then Stefanski was hired. I WAS PISSED.

But then fact began to leak out about interviews and demands. The more that came out, it was apparent that Josh was of a single mindset that he only wanted to take this job with his people in place and doing it his way. That line of thinking is dangerous in the way of - yes everyone is on the same page, but if the central line of thinking is wrong to begin with - Jimmy would eventually have to fire everyone again and be left with a broken franchise. AGAIN.

So, in retrospect, I applaud Jimmy have the stones to stand up and say "No, this is not what I want for the leadership of the Cleveland Browns". And so, he chose Stefanski.

Everything I have seen about Stefanski shows he is a teacher and a team player. Everything seems to be about "we" with Kevin, instead of "I". I know winning a press conference on Jan. 14th will mean nothing when you really need that win on the field on Dec. 6th. But things are all off to a great unified start.

As for Jimmy's involvement moving forward that the national media is ridiculing him for.........

That level of ridicule would never happen in the Boston or New York area. Shame on the media. Are they that much of a bunch of dolts to infer that BB and TB12 don't use analytics? Open their mouths against that group and you would lose your press pass permanently. But the Browns are fair game for the same thing....... Riiiiight.

The submitting a game plan to the analytics dept report was shot down today. Media making stuff up? Like that ever happens....

I am one of five managers at my company in Kent. We met semi-weekly for a half hour or so to make sure everyone is on the same path doing their jobs. It seems to be the intelligent thing to do, how to properly manage the company.

If Jimmy wants to meet with Kevin and staff for an hour or so on Mondays - go for it. It is NOT the sign of a meddling owner, it is the sign of an owner who cares enough about his business entity to see that it is not going off on a tangent unchecked.

I feel A LOT better about the direction of this franchise now than I did 48 hours ago.

• Like 1