Stefanski’s staff

pnies20

4 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

Broncos just fired OC Rich Scangarello who was under Shannahan in SF and runs that same 'Shannahan' offense which is similar to what Stefanski ran in MIN. Grab one of them and pair them with as DC Wade Phillips, I would feel much much better.

Could be an option as a QB coach if we tap into the Shanny staff for an OC.

1 hour ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Where is @Thomas5737 at?

I'm here. I can't keep up with y'all and don't know much about anything coordinator related so my opinion of the new HC is only based off of what he did as an OC so it's a wait and see for me. Then again I was all in on Freddie, I liked his honest approach. He lost me in the last 5 weeks when there was no progression and no effort to make a big adjustment to find something that worked. So what do I know.

The Titans made me happy and I'll be grateful to them for awhile. Delanie Walker is still a tool.

• Like 2

Just now, Thomas5737 said:

I'm here. I can't keep up with y'all and don't know much about anything coordinator related so my opinion of the new HC is only based off of what he did as an OC so it's a wait and see for me. Then again I was all in on Freddie, I liked his honest approach. He lost me in the last 5 weeks when there was no progression and no effort to make a big adjustment to find something that worked. So what do I know.

The Titans made me happy and I'll be grateful to them for awhile. Delanie Walker is still a tool.

Just checkin to make sure you were still alive. 😂 

And since when is knowing what you’re talking about a requirement?

1 hour ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Why? These dudes came up through the ranks just like everyone else?

They're young man and have experiences limited to a handful of franchises and quality coaching trees.

Stefanski is all Vikings. Berry Colts, Browns, Eagles.

A lot of their years when they did work with people they often didn't have power or influence in the organization.

I'm just saying the depth of relationships, the multitude of quality coaching trees interacted with, and the belief in their longevity with the Browns are things that quality candidates for our job openings may question.

It's not fatal, but it's a limiter.

Edited by Mind Character

24 minutes ago, Mind Character said:

They're young man and have experiences limited to a handful of franchises and quality coaching trees.

Stefanski is all Vikings. Berry Colts, Browns, Eagles.

A lot of their years when they did work with people they often didn't have power or influence in the organization.

I'm just saying the depth of relationships, the multitude of quality coaching trees interacted with, and the belief in their longevity with the Browns are things that quality candidates for our job openings may question.

It's not fatal, but it's a limiter.

Stefanski has connections to multiple coaches who passed through Min.  Brad Childress, Leslie Fraizer and Mike Zimmer.  Some intriguing names would be Bill Callahan (OL coach for Wash and was their interim HC) maybe Kubiak.  

Also Vrabel put together a pretty good staff and he has only had 9 total years of coaching exp (Ohio State LB coach in 2011 DL coach in 2012 and 2013, then on to the Texans).  It is a matter of a few things for me.

Can Stefanski hire coaches that will meet his vision of what the team should be.  Can he then delegate the authority to them ie Hire an OC and let them call plays and run the offense.  If he can great if not we are back in this same situation.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

@Mind Character @MSURacerDT55 @pnies20 who are some box safeties we could be looking at in R2-4?

I actually like McKinney but need to see how he tests, Winfield would be great in the 3rd but I fear he may skyrocket after the combine. Jordan Fuller (FS/SS)might be your best bang for your buck in the 3rd and lower 

Edited by MSURacerDT55
  • Like 1

49 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

And since when is knowing what you’re talking about a requirement?

I'd like to be able to at least fake it. I'll take a look at some point and form an uneducated opinion. Don't have the desire to get excited about another offseason, I was hoping those days were over.

My initial reaction of a Staff if he turns most of it over....What I would like to See on offense....

Sr. Offensive Assistant: Garry Kubiak

OC: Mike LaFleur

QB Coach/Passing game coordinator: Klint Kubiak

RB/RG Coordinator: Stump Mitchell

OL: Bill Callahan

WR: Chad Oshea

TE: Jeff Davidson

1 hour ago, BooyaCS09 said:

Stefanski has connections to multiple coaches who passed through Min.  Brad Childress, Leslie Fraizer and Mike Zimmer.  Some intriguing names would be Bill Callahan (OL coach for Wash and was their interim HC) maybe Kubiak.  

Also Vrabel put together a pretty good staff and he has only had 9 total years of coaching exp (Ohio State LB coach in 2011 DL coach in 2012 and 2013, then on to the Texans).  It is a matter of a few things for me.

Can Stefanski hire coaches that will meet his vision of what the team should be.  Can he then delegate the authority to them ie Hire an OC and let them call plays and run the offense.  If he can great if not we are back in this same situation.

Mike Vrabel had Jon Robinson serving as GM/President of Football Ops recruiting and helping him assemble a staff. He also played in the league for BIg Coaching Tree Organizations like the Patriots, Steelers, and Chiefs; and coached for the Texans and Ohio State.

Andrew Berry doesn't command the same type of weight that a Jon Robinson does, and he can't formally recruit until he gets the job. The Brad Childress and Leslie Frazier are neither currently active, of high quality, or expansive except for a few people. Zimmer's first set of assistants were those retained from the Leslie Frazier era; the 2nd set many were either not well regarded or still employed by Zimmer or lock-down elsewhere.

There are a few out there like Bill Callahan, but it's not a substantive list of high quality coaches likely to be available. Part of that has to do with the timing of the hire; the other part will have to do with Stefanski and Berry's limiations.

• Like 1