Stefanski’s staff

pnies20

2 minutes ago, gopherwrestler said:

Why would he have to go? Diggs and Thielen thrives under Shurmur?

I think he's insinuating that Shurmur and Odell didn't get along in New York, which I have no idea if that's the case.

Although, Shurmur was supposedly pretty livid when the Giants traded him.

• Like 1

The only other name I think for the offensive side I could really pull out of a hat would be someone like Scott Turner. Norv and Stefanski would always pop up on our Paul Allen talk show and Scott was brought up when Norv talked about how him and Stefanski worked together as a QB and RB coach’s and Stefanski said how the Turners helped him grow as a coach. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, gopherwrestler said:

Let’s just say..... he can’t develop kickers And punters.... but his coverage teams and return are always excellent. 

Our UDFA punter was great. 

I don’t really think a ST coach can do much with a kicker. You can either kick or you can’t. Sure you can teach some things but it’s up to the kicker and his specialized training if they’re going to be good. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Our UDFA punter was great. 

I don’t really think a ST coach can do much with a kicker. You can either kick or you can’t. Sure you can teach some things but it’s up to the kicker and his specialized training if they’re going to be good. 

And how they react to pressure.

Can’t teach clutch.

10 minutes ago, gopherwrestler said:

Honestly, nobody knows. Kubiaks just started this year with us, but Zimmer has said Gary was the best thing for him after the death of our OL coach, Tony Sparano. To keep them around I would guess the new OC would probably be Klint. But yes there has been rumblings with Shurmur returning. I really don’t see Gary being an OC anymore. More than likely he would want to see his kid promoted to that and he will probably follow.

Ok thanks.

I think you're right that Gary Kubiak is done with the primary coordinator or HC life burnout.

If hiring Klint gets Gary here, it may be worthwhile for the Browns to do so, but who can know for sure.

• Like 3

Just now, Mind Character said:

Ok thanks.

I think you're right that Gary Kubiak is done with the primary coordinator or HC life burnout.

If hiring Klint gets Gary here, it may be worthwhile for the Browns to do so, but who can know for sure.

It would give us a super strong offesnive staff, Stef, gary, Klint, hopefull Campin, and Henry.

• Like 1

This is probably a "no chance" answer - but does anyone think there is a chance that OL coach James Campen stays?

Please hear me out - I am thinking along the lines of that Stefanski knew his work from facing him twice a season. If he chooses to ignore last season's struggles and prefers to look at Campen's career track record of developing quality linemen, I think there is a good chance. My feeling is last year's lack of success for failing to address any serviceable tackles after the retirement of Joe Thomas is 100% on Dorsey.

It is not like they didn't have time - JD just chose to ignore the problem.

Edited by brooks1957

4 minutes ago, brooks1957 said:

This is probably a "no chance" answer - but does anyone think there is a chance that OL coach James Campen stays?

Please hear me out - I am thinking along the lines of that Stefanski knew his work from facing him twice a season. If he chooses to ignore last season's struggles and prefers to look at Campen's career track record of developing quality linemen, I think there is a good chance. My feeling is last year's lack of success for failing to address any serviceable tackles after the retirement of Joe Thomas is 100% on Dorsey.

I hope so, oline coach is the most important position coach imo, can he teach wide zone? probably. 
Will e watn to stay is another question?

We need all the good coaches we can get, I hope he does stay. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, brooks1957 said:

Looking at the offensive staff, I wouldn’t be surprised to see Campen, Mitchell and Henry stay.

All are proven position coaches and seemingly well respected around the league.

• Like 2