Broncos fire OC Rich Scangarello

.Buzz

1 minute ago, Kiltman said:

Why do you say that? (Don't disagree or anything...just didn't really pay attention to the Broncos much)

He built a great rapport with Lock and he's seen as a very well respected QB mind. 

Maybe it was harsh, and I did hear there was some internal issues with the coaching staff. But man I don't see how this can help a young QB like Lock.

Hope he's brought in to help with Minshew.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

Why do you say that? (Don't disagree or anything...just didn't really pay attention to the Broncos much)

Because of how good the offense looked when Drew Lock became the starter. That and now your young franchise QB is now on his 6th OC in his 5 years of playing college/pro ball.

That cant be good for development.

Edited by AkronsWitness
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Twizlers said:

This.. is odd.  Once Lock came in the offense started looking a lot better and he was calling better plays.  Not sure why he got fired here already.

Word on the street is because him and Vic Fangio didnt see eye to eye on some of the playcalling with a lot of 'rookie' playcalling mistakes.

9 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

He built a great rapport with Lock and he's seen as a very well respected QB mind. 

Maybe it was harsh, and I did hear there was some internal issues with the coaching staff. But man I don't see how this can help a young QB like Lock.

Hope he's brought in to help with Minshew.

Yeah was kinda my read from afar with Lock looking good that last part of the year.

I have no clue who we are getting for OC...but I assume it'll be a QB focused guy, cause that's what Doug seems to respond to.
And more people pushing Carson the better.

Though my gut at the moment is it'll be Jim Caldwell.

Just now, Kiltman said:

Yeah was kinda my read from afar with Lock looking good that last part of the year.

I have no clue who we are getting for OC...but I assume it'll be a QB focused guy, cause that's what Doug seems to respond to.
And more people pushing Carson the better.

Though my gut at the moment is it'll be Jim Caldwell.

For Wentz I think a proven mind like Caldwell would be much better.

Think Scangarello is better for a team with a young QB who he can help mold/grow with.

1 minute ago, .Buzz said:

For Wentz I think a proven mind like Caldwell would be much better.

Think Scangarello is better for a team with a young QB who he can help mold/grow with.

I think so too.
My only hang up with Jim would be he seems pretty mellow,
think Carson could use someone being tough on him like DeFilippo was as QB coach.
But everything else with Caldwell would be a great hire.

Him also being older and having two shots at being a HC also lessons his flight risk for a little bit.
And if he's a hot commodity in a year or two we'll probably be pretty happy, because that means Carson is probably back at the top like he was in '17.

4 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

I think so too.
My only hang up with Jim would be he seems pretty mellow,
think Carson could use someone being tough on him like DeFilippo was as QB coach.
But everything else with Caldwell would be a great hire.

Him also being older and having two shots at being a HC also lessons his flight risk for a little bit.
And if he's a hot commodity in a year or two we'll probably be pretty happy, because that means Carson is probably back at the top like he was in '17.

Caldwell is a fantastic coach who has a bad rep because he's mellow. He should honestly be a HC somewhere.

• Like 1