Broncos fire OC Rich Scangarello

.Buzz

• 3 weeks later...
7 hours ago, Broncofan said:

So Scangarello joins the PHI staff, who will  go without an official OC (Pederson wearing both hats).    Wish him well there. 

Same.  I liked him.  He had ups and downs, but overall I thought it was starting to click for him at the end of the season.  

I actually think he got a bit of a raw deal and while at first a lot of us thought this was all Fangio....I think it was equal parts Elway/Fangio.  They don’t want to wait.  Fangio is 61 and this is his only shot as an HC.  Elway reportedly will remove himself soon if Denver isn’t competing this year or next.  The 2 now have one of the best staffs in football, one of the youngest teams in football, and as much money/draft assets as any team in the league this offseason.  I am fully expecting them to buy in on Drew Lock and be very aggressive this offseason trying to make this team capable of competing with/beating KC in the AFC West.  Lofty goal, but I think that’s where the heads of this organization are at and that includes Ellis who has talked about a sale of the team.

This is a team in somewhat of a perfect balance of built for the future with a young roster and QB with the ability to spend big in this FA to compete now.

Edited by germ-x