Pending free agents, who do you keep?

Kiwibrown

Definitely Schobert, we may cut Kirksey and that will leave us with Wilson as the only LB who has real game experience and he isn't that good against the run.

Randall... eh don't care either way. I think he will want a lot and I wouldn't give him a lot.

Higgins probably doesn't want to come back after last year. We'll see though.

Robinson if he signs for swing tackle money.

59 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

I want Higgins joe sho and Randell back. Randell had a down year but I still want him back. Solid safeties are hard to find and I never want to go back to the post Gipson days of our FS situation  

Yeah he’s good enough that if we can keep him on either a short term or team friendly deal we should.

We already need a SS (2 if we keep Wilks), amongst plenty of other positions, no need to create another hole.

47 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

Schobert is overrated, but he's still an above average starter. I want to keep him and probably pay him a little more than he deserves simply so we don't have to go plug another hole at MLB. Our run defense is bad enough as it is. Losing our MLB would be huge.

I'd still like to know what he can/could do if he had a solid SAM next to him, as well as anyone who can consistently set the edge, making his job a lot easier. He's not Bobby Wagner, but I think that he's a very good NFL MLB.

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

Schobert is overrated, but he's still an above average starter. I want to keep him and probably pay him a little more than he deserves simply so we don't have to go plug another hole at MLB. Our run defense is bad enough as it is. Losing our MLB would be huge.

How is he overrated though?

Nobody is saying he’s elite, but he’s clearly one of the better MLB’s in the league.

From da homie who forever gets the banhammer...

”Quick research here proves Joe Schobert is right up there with the best linebackers in the game today. He may not be Brian Urlacher, Ray Lewis or Junior Seau, but really who the flips is beside those guys? Schobert actually compares favorably to Luke Kuechly's first 3 years as a starter except TFL(which is still no slouch) and Kuechly may be the closest thing todays NFL has to those greats.

Scobert to C.J. Mosley first 3 years starting
More Sacks
Same FR
More FF
Same INT

Schobert 3yrs to Myles Jack 4yrs starting
More INT
More FF
More PD
More FR
More Sacks
More TFL
More Sacks

Shortened Career with Injury/Off Field but in his first two season Reuben Foster never created a single turnover. 0 INT, 0 FF, 0 FR as well as 0 Sacks and only 2 PD

Luke Kuechly and Joe Schobert first 3 years starting
More FF
1 Less FR
1 Less INT
More Sacks
More Hits

Scobert to Lavonte David first 3yr starting
Same INT
More FF
More FR
1 less sack

Schobert to Bobby Wagner first 3yr starting
More INT
More PD
More FF
More FR
1 Less Sack
More Hits

Schobert to Deion Jones first 3 yrs starting
More FF
More FR
1 less INT
More Sacks
2 less TFL
More Hits

#paydaman“
  • Like 2

Agree on Joe Schobert. Dude is a good player and is worth keeping around. Creating that hole makes no sense. 

Id also keep Robinson on the roster if he takes a 1 or 2 year deal. He isn’t a cornerstone player but he is average and won’t be bad depth if they do bring in 2 young tackles. 

I’d want more info on what happened with Randell. He had bad things to say about Williams and what did he do with Freddie and other BS? Is he worth bringing back?

Sign Schobert, Kirksey, and Robinson

Extend Myles five more years!

Trade Randall to Raiders!

Pay for the best RG in FA!

Pay for top ten DE and S in FA!

#1 pick on premier LT in draft

Hire Gronkowski as TE coach!

Let Stephanski pick his coaches

18 minutes ago, JDD said:

Agree on Joe Schobert. Dude is a good player and is worth keeping around. Creating that hole makes no sense. 

Id also keep Robinson on the roster if he takes a 1 or 2 year deal. He isn’t a cornerstone player but he is average and won’t be bad depth if they do bring in 2 young tackles. 

Depending on the deal, yes.  He’s at least a capable starting tackle.

I’d want more info on what happened with Randell. He had bad things to say about Williams

And Hue. And the Packers had enough of him.

and what did he do with Freddie and other BS? Is he worth bringing back?

Whatever it was it was enough to sit him for a week...

I’d like to think you can deal with one “problem child” on the defensive side of the ball, as long as his antics aren’t too egregious.

8 minutes ago, #32 said:

Sign Schobert, Kirksey, and Robinson

Kirksey’s already under contract.

8 minutes ago, #32 said:

Extend Myles five more years!

I’m sure they will as soon as they can.

8 minutes ago, #32 said:

Trade Randall to Raiders!

He’s not under contract.

8 minutes ago, #32 said:

Pay for the best RG in FA!

Pay for top ten DE and S in FA!

You realize we’re already over the cap based on salaries, right? 

8 minutes ago, #32 said:

#1 pick on premier LT in draft

Hire Gronkowski as TE coach!

Why hire Gronk?  Being a great player doesn’t make you a good coach.  

8 minutes ago, #32 said:

Let Stephanski pick his coaches

I’m with you on this one.

1 hour ago, MWil23 said:

I'd still like to know what he can/could do if he had a solid SAM next to him, as well as anyone who can consistently set the edge, making his job a lot easier. He's not Bobby Wagner, but I think that he's a very good NFL MLB.

I agree. His job was very difficult given that he was basically our only LB'er on the field. Mack Wilson is basically a glorified DB at this stage in his career.

However, he misses quite a few tackles and doesn't shoot gaps. He's basically a better version of D'Qwell Jackson. He gets a ton of production, but a lot of it is after solid gains from the offense. I rarely see him making a highlight play in the run game. He is awesome in passing lanes though...no doubt about that.

• Like 1