Jump to content
Kodaraw

New York Giants hire former Dolphins DC Patrick Graham as DC

Recommended Posts

Yeah, hiring the DC of the 32 ranked defense is not an inspiring hire 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Acgott said:

Yeah, hiring the DC of the 32 ranked defense is not an inspiring hire 

Agree. But he does have quite the lineage of coaching experience.

New England Patriots (2009) Coaching assistant

New England Patriots (2010) Defensive assistant

New England Patriots (2011) Linebackers coach

New England Patriots (2012–2013) Defensive line coach

New England Patriots (2014–2015) Linebackers coach

New York Giants (2016–2017) Defensive line coach

Green Bay Packers (2018) Linebackers coach & run game coordinator

Miami Dolphins (2019) Defensive coordinator

 

The hoodie trusted him with some important roles over the years. Sounds like he runs a 3-4 scheme. So won't have to turn the defensive roster over completely. I'm disappointed mostly because I want to go back to a 4-3. I see excuses being thrown around that his defense was so poor in Miami due to lack of talent but...umm.. isn't that our problem as well?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Shockey1979 said:

The hoodie trusted him with some important roles over the years. Sounds like he runs a 3-4 scheme. So won't have to turn the defensive roster over completely. I'm disappointed mostly because I want to go back to a 4-3. I see excuses being thrown around that his defense was so poor in Miami due to lack of talent but...umm.. isn't that our problem as well?

I believe he wants to run a multiple defense. One thing is for sure, we need talent.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I mean the Dolphins had very very very little to talent to work with. So them being ranked last is not a shock and shouldn’t be held against him. You guys think DCs are miracle workers. Talent wins out at end of day 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Kip Smithers said:

I mean the Dolphins had very very very little to talent to work with. So them being ranked last is not a shock and shouldn’t be held against him. You guys think DCs are miracle workers. Talent wins out at end of day 

How much talent do we have compared to the Dolphins..?  The dolphins replaced him in like 5 minutes internally and granted us permission for a lateral move. They didn’t seem to think too highly of him.

Plus, with so many others available, we went with this guy.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Kodaraw said:

How much talent do we have compared to the Dolphins..?  The dolphins replaced him in like 5 minutes internally and granted us permission for a lateral move. They didn’t seem to think too highly of him.

Plus, with so many others available, we went with this guy.  

It’s much better than Dolphins, which says a lot about them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Kodaraw said:

How much talent do we have compared to the Dolphins..?  The dolphins replaced him in like 5 minutes internally and granted us permission for a lateral move. They didn’t seem to think too highly of him.

Plus, with so many others available, we went with this guy.  

No player who started for the Dolphins defense in week 17 would start for any other defense in the entire NFL, except maybe Christian Wilkins. The Dolphins were not lacking in talent; there was no talent at all. 

Graham got hired because he is a good teacher, shares the same defensive philosophies as Judge, and has experience in executing those philosophies by changing his defense on a week to week basis.

With Judge and Graham now, we have to be ready for what will be portrayed as player 'snubs' by the media. Like Minkah Fitzpatrick, there will be talented players who either don't want to come here or don't work out here because they are so opposed to changing their roles often, that they either phone it in or ask for a trade. That's a negative side effect of the multiple defensive scheme Judge wants to run. Above almost anything, this defense will covet players and prospects who play with high motors and tons of effort, are smart, and are versatile. For those reasons, I think Jabrill Peppers and Julian Love will flourish. I think guys like Dalvin Tomlinson and Michael Thomas will also flourish and be resigned. I also think that, if we don't go offensive tackle with #4, we pick Isaiah Simmons. He hits exactly every point that Graham and Judge emphasize. Team leader, high motor, and one of the more versatile players to come out of the draft in some time. We also have a huge need at every defensive spot besides IDL.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×