Is Bill O'Brien the worst coach in the league?

Elky

Just now, patriotsheatyan said:

He has winning records with Fitzpatrick, Hoyer, Osweiler, and Watson.

No.

That's more to do with Tennessee and Jax being absolutely horrible in those years. 

Tennessee is now the top dog, and that's not changing with BOB.

12 minutes ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

Lowkey nothing. He has had a Hall of Fame QB his entire coaching tenure and wasted it. Easily worse.

See, I've always thought of Matt as "hall of pretty good" territory as far as QBs go. Or is that just the ineptitude of the Falcons that makes it seem that way? But even still, during Quinn's tenure as HC, the Falcons offenses have been in offensive DVOA:

2015: 23rd (legitimately bad)
2016: 1st
2017: 9th
2018: 8th
2019: 15th (underwhelming)

By defensive DVOA:

2015:  22nd
2016:  26th (getting to the Super Bowl with a bottom 6 defense is actually kind of incredible when you think about it)
2017:  22nd
2018:  31st
2019:  20th (before the bye week they were like 30th)

Defense is supposed to be Quinn's bread and butter, and everyone says he's a film junkie. So someone explain to me why the side of the ball that he doesn't have expertise in, is the one that is usually carrying the team. The side of the ball that he's supposed to be a genius with, is pretty much always awful. Someone explain that to me. The Falcons have tons of high draft picks invested into this defense (Keanu Neal, Deion Jones, Desmond Trufant, Isiah Oliver, Takk McKinley are all high draft picks) so it isn't even like they've ignored it in the draft. It's still bad.

Someone explain this to me and then try and explain why Quinn deserved to keep his job and/or is actually not as terrible as I think he is. Hard mode: do it without resorting to the 6-2 record after the bye as a defense. I actually think BOB is better than Quinn right now.

Edited by Hukos

3 minutes ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

He the worst coach for the Texans and ultimately that's what matters. He wasted am elite defense by never getting a QB and is now wasting an elite offense.

I don't see him really improving anywhere else. When you have a guy like JJ Watt playing at an all time clip early on, when you have DeAndre Hopkins playing like the best WR in football, and when you have a young and incredibly talented QB and you can STILL only top our at divisional rounds, it doesn't matter where you are - you're not going to win at any sort of high level.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, RuskieTitan said:

He won the division and made the playoffs, and got a playoff win. No, he's not the worst.

True but the Texans have a top-5 QB and one of the most talented rosters in the league, you have to think an average coach could do better than 11-6 and blowing a 24-0 lead in 8 minutes