Is Bill O'Brien the worst coach in the league?

Elky

7 minutes ago, ITS_RAMMY_PLAYBOI said:

Please stop ET. This vendetta is not healthy. Give BOB 3 more years.. If he accomplishes nothing then you could say all these wicked things about him. 

Sure, as soon as the Rams fire McVay and re-hire Fisher.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ITS_RAMMY_PLAYBOI said:

Why would you say such hurtful words. You’ve crossed the line brother. Them fighting words! You habitual line stepper. 

You just suggested three MORE years of BoB.

I've cut people for less.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, SmittyBacall said:

Aside from our record, how is Zac worse?

tenor.gif

That's like asking: Aside from Bill Belichick's record (regular season and post season), how is he better than anyone else?

Sure, I might not see the day to day activities of Taylor, how much preparation he does, ensuring his coaching staff and players are ready for their upcoming opponents, as well as developing the players already there. But I can tell based on his overall performance as the head coach of a 2-14 team that he is not better than a coach who went 10-6 and won a playoff game.

COULD Zac Taylor be better in the future? Possible. But for now he hasn't proven that, especially since it isn't a situation like Miami and Flores, who had his team fighting at the end of the season despite the lack of talent. 

Everyone laughed at Jim Tomsula being a Head Coach, when it was clear he wasn't cut out, and even he finished 6-11. Taylor could show huge promise in the future, but for now has not shown anything that could warrant someone claiming his record isn't an accurate reflection of his coaching abilities. 

1 minute ago, RuskieTitan said:

tenor.gif

That's like asking: Aside from Bill Belichick's record (regular season and post season), how is he better than anyone else?

Sure, I might not see the day to day activities of Taylor, how much preparation he does, ensuring his coaching staff and players are ready for their upcoming opponents, as well as developing the players already there. But I can tell based on his overall performance as the head coach of a 2-14 team that he is not better than a coach who went 10-6 and won a playoff game.

COULD Zac Taylor be better in the future? Possible. But for now he hasn't proven that, especially since it isn't a situation like Miami and Flores, who had his team fighting at the end of the season despite the lack of talent. 

Everyone laughed at Jim Tomsula being a Head Coach, when it was clear he wasn't cut out, and even he finished 6-11. Taylor could show huge promise in the future, but for now has not shown anything that could warrant someone claiming his record isn't an accurate reflection of his coaching abilities. 

@SmittyBacall I agree that Zac Taylor isn't the worst head coach in the NFL. They don't have enough talent for him to be considered the worst.

However, it's tough to argue against the logic Ruskie is using.               I'd take Zac Taylor over a lot of other coaches though.

26 minutes ago, KingOfTheDot said:

Truthfully there are teams who would kill for your recent level of “success” 

Competing year in and year out. 

Thing is, we're not competing. The Texans can beat a Mariota-led Titans team, can beat a Brissett-led Colts team or a Bortles/Minshew-led Jags team. Once you introduce a competent QB, the Texans collapse.

1 minute ago, RuskieTitan said:

I wasn't refuting what you said so much as I was looking for an explanation beyond our record. Just seems a bit shallow is all, considering the circumstances. 

My opinion of Zac is still up in the air, but it seems a lot of people on here seem certain he's a terrible HC.