Sign in to follow this  
KC_Guy

Guess what ... C.J. Spiller ...

has been cut - again!

RB Akeem Hunt taking his spot.

Confusion will prevail on opposing teams once they see TWO Hunts on the field

4 minutes ago, mayanfootball said:

Will kinda miss Spiller. He looked like he earned a spot during pre-season. He was more capable than I expected.

Don't worry, he'll be back next Tuesday or so ...

I'm not so sure. Has he been passed by the other RB named Hunt?

I have to admit, having Akeem and Kareem on the same team was once a dream of mine. But that's fantasy hoops.

J

I personally don't like how this has been going on. Spiller showed enough in the preseason to warrant being our #3 back imo. He's also capable of playing ST. There has to be something else going on that we're not aware of. If not, bad on Veach imo.

4 hours ago, kingseanjohn said:

I personally don't like how this has been going on. Spiller showed enough in the preseason to warrant being our #3 back imo. He's also capable of playing ST. There has to be something else going on that we're not aware of. If not, bad on Veach imo.

I'm assuming Spiller has been actively communicated with throughout. Otherwise I doubt he would continue resigning. And I'm fine with it in that case. Because we're not holding him hostage or anything. He can sign elsewhere. I feel like some discussion must have been had between the FO and Spiller earlyish on.

Akeem seems to be a perfect fit on ST. I have seen rave reviews of his coverage in addition to the return element. Spiller was once very fast, but Hunt is faster now. I am not sure if that is Hunt's speed or Spiller losing a step. In any event, A Hunt seems locked in as RB3 and Hill is available for additional depth.

J