AFC Championship Titans@Chiefs

x0x

Who you got?  

154 members have voted

1. 1. 2020 AFC Champion Is?

• Kansas City Chiefs
    • Tennessee Titans

6 minutes ago, showtime said:

Is it just a joke that people are saying this game was rigged?  The Chiefs were a top 2 seed in the AFC and won a home playoff game against a wild card team.  This is really the game people are going to hang their 'rigged' hat on?

100% going to hang my 'rigged' hat, and the Titans are my least favorite team

Edited by TMNinjaBortles

29 minutes ago, TitanLegend said:

Coming in to this game, Tannehill, despite his limited passing attempts, and despite Henry's historic run, had 9 of our top 12 expected EPA plays of the post season. That's probably only gonna increase after today.

Running just doesn't matter as much as some want to think it does, even when the guy doing the running is as good as Henry.

Yeah, those things are connected. The truth is that running matters far more than many think it does. Because statheads fail to measure the effect running has on the success of the passing game.

Edited by jrry32

2 minutes ago, Kirill said:

You mean he would pull a LeVeon if they tagged him? Also I was informed yesterday teams get a transition tag and franchise tag this offseason because of the impending CBA so they could tag Tannehill too. Tannehill certainly didn't increase his leverage in these playoffs IMO. Henry carried them to this point and Tannehill didn't look that impressive in this game or the other two.

Also thanks for the numbers update

I think he could pull a LeVeon, but I also think that, unlike the Steelers, the Titans would cave several games into the regular season (if that, I wouldn't be surprised to see them go it in the waning weeks of the preseason like the Cowboys did), but they'd have the opportunity to get their other affairs in order and be able to have a better idea of what their financial picture will look like.

Finances wise, before cuts the Titans have effectively between $55M and $60M in cap space to work with.  Figuring the average $5-7M to sign a full slate of draft picks, and then you're looking at just shy of $37M to franchise Henry and transition tag Tannehill (and that assumes someone doesn't try to mess with them and offers Tannehill a contract that pays him more in 2020, given Tennessee's options from there would be to exercise right of first refusal and match the contract or lose him with no compensation coming back).  So that leaves, on the high side, $18M to cover any other extensions, E/RFA tenders, LTBE's, contract escalators, and so forth).  Mind you, you don't typically end up with ~$60M in cap-space without the contracts of some noteworthy (read: "starting") players also coming off the ledger and either needing to be re-upped or replaced.

What a game, Chiefs. Again you fall behind by double digits, Henry is running wild with 5 carries for 25 yds. Uh oh. 

Then blammo, turn on the heat, make Henry disappear the rest of the game, again grab the lead before halftime, and pull away for another huge victory. 

Dang impressive to be so bounce-backey. 

• Like 2