AFC Championship Titans@Chiefs

x0x

Who you got?  

154 members have voted

1. 1. 2020 AFC Champion Is?

• Kansas City Chiefs
    • Tennessee Titans

Just now, Bearerofnews said:

I was saying that was the dumbest thing ive seen posted and still is. Mahomes would have NO WHERE close to those numbers outside of Reids system and in the Titans offense. You thought that game changed that 🤣.

I think you are going overboard with "nowhere close to the numbers".  Its undisputable Reid's offenses are definitely QB friendly, but Mahomes is a special talent. 

I do think him ending up with Reid was a match made in heaven and certainly helped his progression, but at this point,  he would be an MVP candidate pretty much anywhere he went.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, FourThreeMafia said:

I think you are going overboard with "nowhere close to the numbers".  Its undisputable Reid's offenses are definitely QB friendly, but Mahomes is a special talent. 

I do think him ending up with Reid was a match made in heaven and certainly helped his progression, but at this point,  he would be an MVP candidate pretty much anywhere he went.

yeah, imagine if somehow he had fichner as a OC or Kitchens, capers ,  fisher etc

Chiefs figures out how to stop Henry, which nobody has done in weeks, and outplayed the Titans for sure... but how was not a single hold called on their OL all game. I can only recall 1 egregious no call, but w/ how they were completely stonewalling Tennessee in pass pro, especially Casey, I can’t imagine they weren’t getting away w/ a lot unless they turned into elite unit overnight. Will be interesting to see how this plays out in the SB, as they’ll see a much fiercer pass rush either way.

I'm torn: a part of me wants the Chiefs to beat whichever NFC team in the Super Bowl for more bragging rights for Tennessee, and so we don't get 15 "Yall Are Sleeping On the Chiefs" threads per week next season.

Another part of me wants to punish the Chiefs fans for posting 15 "Yall Are Sleeping On the Chiefs" threads per week.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Daniel said:

I'm torn: a part of me wants the Chiefs to beat whichever NFC team in the Super Bowl for more bragging rights for Tennessee, and so we don't get 15 "Yall Are Sleeping On the Chiefs" threads per week next season.

Another part of me wants to punish the Chiefs fans for posting 15 "Yall Are Sleeping On the Chiefs" threads per week.

It’s mainly 2 posters,  they may not still be around either.     The majority of Chief fans on this site are leveled headed and fun to talk football with..  don’t believe me,  you should check out other Chiefs boards haha

19 minutes ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

Chiefs figures out how to stop Henry, which nobody has done in weeks, and outplayed the Titans for sure... but how was not a single hold called on their OL all game. I can only recall 1 egregious no call, but w/ how they were completely stonewalling Tennessee in pass pro, especially Casey, I can’t imagine they weren’t getting away w/ a lot unless they turned into elite unit overnight. Will be interesting to see how this plays out in the SB, as they’ll see a much fiercer pass rush either way.

The Chiefs were the 4th ranked OL in pass protection by DVOA.

Sometimes you just have to chuckle at some of the posts on this site.

5 minutes ago, Anc360 said:

The Chiefs were the 4th ranked OL in pass protection by DVOA.

Sometimes you just have to chuckle at some of the posts on this site.

“Pass protection by DVOA.” You say that like you think DVOA=FO, and is not a metric. At least understand whatever number you’re referencing.. Man, sometimes you just have to chuckle at some of the posts on this site.

You’re looking at adjusted sack rate (sacks + intentional grounding). While sack rate is a good indicator, it certainly can be skewed by mobile QBs or smart QBs that get the ball out quick, no?

I’m not saying the Chiefs don’t have a good line, but certainly have never thought of them as elite. The Ravens OL, which dominated throughout 2019, had trouble w/ this Titans front.