AFC Championship Titans@Chiefs

x0x

Who you got?  

154 members have voted

1. 1. 2020 AFC Champion Is?

• Kansas City Chiefs
    • Tennessee Titans

And if Chiefs win the SB vs GB, i personally would look at them as 1 of the best SB winning teams of past 15 years. They will of beaten every team they played this year, except the Colts and 3 of their 4 losses were to teams who were in the divisional round and all losses by 1 score.

God that would kill me. Titans please dont let this happen. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Bearerofnews said:

3 td drives avged 27 yds per drive. A TD is a TD and its impressive as converting in the redzone is tough. But not all td drives are treated equally.

A 18 yd td drives vs a 85 yd td drive, contrary to lazy beliefs, are not the same in value.

But like always everything on here is exaggerated. 

"Mahomes isn't the best"

gets translated to

"Mahomes is a bum and is garbage"

I would hate to use the ff translator when travelling abroad.

So, are we applying this same logic to the regular season (where you are touting Tannehill's stats) or only when it fits your narrative?

stats.png

Furthermore, you are the only one translating. I'm not saying you said Mahomes was garbage. I'm saying throwing out 3 TDs is a ridiculous notion because they came on short drives when the guy throws for 321 yards.

48 minutes ago, Soggust said:

So, are we applying this same logic to the regular season (where you are touting Tannehill's stats) or only when it fits your narrative?

stats.png

Furthermore, you are the only one translating. I'm not saying you said Mahomes was garbage. I'm saying throwing out 3 TDs is a ridiculous notion because they came on short drives when the guy throws for 321 yards.

Uhhh is this starting from Week 7? Cause it’s probably be Rank 32 with Mariota QBing which ruins the averages. 

1 hour ago, Soggust said:

stats.png

No, you dont seem to understand what my post was about.  Also you are extrapolating total season stats vs single game stats. You rarely see in a game 3 td drives avg 27 yds. Also the number chart you posted, isnt scoring drives. Its just yds per drive in general.

39 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Uhhh is this starting from Week 7? Cause it’s probably be Rank 32 with Mariota QBing which ruins the averages. 

Good point. Week 7 - 17 , I only have the average per game (then reaveraged amongst 10 games), so it's likely not 100% accurate, but should get us close-ish.

They move to #6 at 36.8

Of course, it should be noted that Henry also accounted for an average of 125 ypg during that stretch (missed 1 game).

2 minutes ago, Soggust said:

Good point. Week 7 - 17 , I only have the average per game (then reaveraged amongst 10 games), so it's likely not 100% accurate, but should get us close-ish.

They move to #6 at 36.8

Of course, it should be noted that Henry also accounted for an average of 125 ypg during that stretch (missed 1 game).

Henry and Tannehil are equal to each others success, it’s not a good argument. Henry averages 3.0 YPC with the 6 games Mariota started. 

9 minutes ago, Bearerofnews said:

No, you dont seem to understand what my post was about.  Also you are extrapolating total season stats vs single game stats. You rarely see in a game 3 td drives avg 27 yds. Also the number chart you posted, isnt scoring drives. Its just yds per drive in general.

No, I understand exactly what your post is about. Take a great game by Mahomes (5 TD / 0 INT  320 yards is obv a great game) and spin it as much as you can to try to discredit it.

Whether it's arguing that he doesn't throw into coverage enough, or his TDs weren't hard enough because the "average" drive (of a few cherry-picked scores) only went 27 yards, you will do anything to try to dirty his shine.

Let's also ignore the fact that what we are REALLY talking about in your "3 drives of 27 yard average" argument is -

42 yard drive
33 yard drive
6 yard drive

Where the 6 yard drive obviously skews the result significantly. He also had drives of 90 and 85 yards in this game.

This whole argument might be relevant if he was 3 TD and 180 yards, but Mahomes had 321 yards. He clearly didn't have an issue moving the ball down the field.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Henry and Tannehil are equal to each others success, it’s not a good argument. Henry averages 3.0 YPC with the 6 games Mariota started. 

So, we count week 6 for Mariota (18 ATT) when he split the game with Tannehill (16 ATT), but ignore it when evaluating Tannehill?

Regardless, not sure if your numbers are wrong or mine, but I have Henry at 3.68 YPC including that game and 3.98 YPC without the Denver game.

Certainly, he does much better with Tannehill (5.8 YPC iirc), but I think it's disingenuous to suggest that Tannehill is EQUAL in accounting for the increased production in the Titans offense. Certainly he has helped SIGNIFICANTLY, but that offense runs through Henry no doubt. 

3 hours ago, Soggust said:

So, we count week 6 for Mariota (18 ATT) when he split the game with Tannehill (16 ATT), but ignore it when evaluating Tannehill?

Regardless, not sure if your numbers are wrong or mine, but I have Henry at 3.68 YPC including that game and 3.98 YPC without the Denver game.

Certainly, he does much better with Tannehill (5.8 YPC iirc), but I think it's disingenuous to suggest that Tannehill is EQUAL in accounting for the increased production in the Titans offense. Certainly he has helped SIGNIFICANTLY, but that offense runs through Henry no doubt. 

First six games they were stacking 8-9 in the box against Henry. Mariota is the worst QB in the league. 

Classic case of the running and grind-you-down team needing long scoring/time consuming drives. They can do it too!

Keep captain lazer arm off the field as much as possible.

I remember from the game where we held the Chiefs to 9 points in the half (at the peak of their ridiculous offensive season) it was a lot of jamming on Kelce from heavy linebackers at the line, then passing him off, we kept the pocket tight deliberately (pass rush wasn't great), we were disciplined on screen plays and Mahomes over-threw some passes. Kelce was certainly frustrated. 

In the second half (because it was inevitable with that offense), he unloaded on us and we started suffering from breakdowns of communications in the secondary.

Not sure how relevant it is here, but I'd certainly take note of how we dealt with Travis. 

Edited by Hunter2_1

So the voting is 55-47 for Chiefs. Hard to understand. I guess people like to root for the underdog.

The Chiefs should be clear favorites for this one. I've just seen that all ESPN expert picks are for the Chiefs.

Not saying the Titans don't have any chance but at the same time a blowout win for the Chiefs would be no suprise.