AFC Championship Titans@Chiefs

x0x

Who you got?  

154 members have voted

1. 1. 2020 AFC Champion Is?

• Kansas City Chiefs
    • Tennessee Titans

58 minutes ago, Buckweath said:

So the voting is 55-47 for Chiefs. Hard to understand. I guess people like to root for the underdog.

The Chiefs should be clear favorites for this one. I've just seen that all ESPN expert picks are for the Chiefs.

Not saying the Titans don't have any chance but at the same time a blowout win for the Chiefs would be no suprise.

Everyone picked the Ravens too. What don’t you understand?

29 minutes ago, ttitansfan4life said:

Yeah and I would definitly pick the Ravens again if you two teams were to match up again.

Chances that the Titans go to beat the Patriots, Ravens and Chiefs on the road and back to back is very slim.

Seems like people here don't see that.

Edited by Buckweath

18 minutes ago, Buckweath said:

Yeah and I would definitly pick the Ravens again if you two teams were to match up again.

Chances that the Titans go to beat the Patriots, Ravens and Chiefs on the road and back to back is very slim.

Seems like people here don't see that.

Or maybe you’re paying way too much attention to a regular season record. The Titans are a much better team than 9-7. That’s clear as day. They have a ton of momentum so people on this forum actually have a reason to pick the Titans. The national media is full of a bunch of dummies. They literally have no idea about the Titans. Hell, Skip Bayless said Jonnu Smith was the Titans 3rd string TE. Also no one wants to see the Titans in the SB. They don’t fit in with the current NFL of a high flying passing attack. However, they are built for the playoffs. Win the line of scrimmages, play good defense and run the ball. Whether you believe they are any good or just some average team that’s gotten lucky is irrelevant. You are also a known homer on this forum who will probably be ghost for a while if KC does lose like a lot of Raven fans.

Edited by ttitansfan4life

6 minutes ago, ttitansfan4life said:

Or maybe you’re paying way too much attention to a regular season record. The Titans are a much better team than 9-7. That’s clear as day. They have a ton of momentum so people on this forum actually have a reason to pick the Titans. The national media is full of a bunch of dummies. They literally have no idea about the Titans. Hell, Skip Bayless said Jonnu Smith was the Titans 3rd string TE. Also no one wants to see the Titans in the SB. They don’t fit in with the current NFL of a high flying passing attack. However, they are built for the playoffs. Win the line of scrimmages, play good defense and run the ball. Whether you believe they are any good or just some average team that’s gotten lucky is irrelevant. You are also a known homer on this forum who will probably be ghost for a while if KC does lose like a lot of Raven fans.

This game and leading up to that game feels a bit like the Chiefs vs Colts matchup last season. People were talking about how the Colts had momentum, they were on a great run and all. 

The Chiefs smashed them.

We will see but there is no doubt that a loss to the Titans would feel like a massive disappointment to the Chiefs.

I don't mean any disrespect to the Titans who definitly are solid but I do would rather face them rather than the Ravens or Patriots. 

I guess all in all my post feels like disrespect but I'm just not hat high on the Titans despite the playoffs run. That doesn't mean I feel they have no chance.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ttitansfan4life said:

In our defense, you guys needed literally everything to go wrong for us to win that game. We just saw KC spot the Texans a 24 point lead and then drop 50 on them. If the Ravens played the Titans 100 times, we'd probably win 99, but we didn't last Saturday and that's all that matters.

That being said, it's hard to imagine that kind of game happening again for Tennessee where 90% of your offensive drives go for less than 36 yards but you still win by 2+ touchdowns.

Edited by AFlaccoSeagulls

7 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

In our defense, you guys needed literally everything to go wrong for us to win that game. We just saw KC spot the Texans a 24 point lead and then drop 50 on them. If the Ravens played the Titans 100 times, we'd probably win 99, but we didn't last Saturday and that's all that matters.

That being said, it's hard to imagine that kind of game happening again for Tennessee where 90% of your offensive drives go for less than 36 yards but you still win by 2+ touchdowns.

The universe aligned for the Titans. Baltimore went toe to toe with the best teams in the league in regular season and won em all. They were arguably the best team in the league, right there with KC, Saints, and 49ers (IMO.)

My hot take: KC offense is going to have to scrape that Titans defense off their cleats after the game xD

Edited by lolsurebro

5 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Baltimore lost by 16. And that was with a late TD. This wasn't like Baltimore played bad and lost a close game. It was Baltimore played bad (because Tennessee is a good team) and got crushed. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, LeotheLion said:

Baltimore lost by 16. And that was with a late TD. This wasn't like Baltimore played bad and lost a close game. It was Baltimore played bad (because Tennessee is a good team) and got crushed. 

We played bad and as a result of that badness we got crushed by a clearly inferior team. There's just not much else to say. 2 of Tennessee's scoring drives were 20 yards or less. They had 8 drives out of 11 that went for less than 40 yards. We had 2 punts that went into the endzone, only for us to be called for holding or "blocking after signaling fair catch" and start inside our own 10 yard line. We had 8, or more, dropped passes, including what would've been a 70+ yard touchdown pass to Seth Roberts.

Tennessee dominated us in the short yardage situations, especially on 4th down, but even then it took two REALLY QUESTIONABLE play calls for that to happen. We abandonded our offensive philosophy when we were down by 2 scores in the 1st quarter. Our FB played SEVEN total snaps on offense.

Those things I listed were completely out of Tennessee's control. Like I said, they needed the stars to align to win that game, and the stars indeed aligned for them. Will it happen again? I don't know.

3 minutes ago, RuskieTitan said:

That's cute. Does that make you feel better about your team? One of them, at least?

No, because we still lost last weekend in the game that mattered. But it's the truth and I think everyone knows that. It's neither here nor there, my larger point was that I understand why people are picking Tennessee after last weekend, but I also understand why the Chiefs should be heavily favored in this game due to the context of how the Titans won last week.

2 hours ago, Buckweath said:

So the voting is 55-47 for Chiefs. Hard to understand. I guess people like to root for the underdog.

The Chiefs should be clear favorites for this one. I've just seen that all ESPN expert picks are for the Chiefs.

Not saying the Titans don't have any chance but at the same time a blowout win for the Chiefs would be no suprise.

I actually think the Chiefs should be an underdog.

Maybe I've just been disappointed enough not to be too optimistic, but I generally dislike the Titans as a franchise and I still think they are one of the strongest teams in the league, since dumping Mariota. Furthermore, I feel they match up with us extremely well. Derrick Henry has always seemed to destroy us and I feel like they have had our number for a while.

I'm not saying we can't win, because with Mahomes I feel like we always have a decent chance, but this will EASILY be our biggest test so far and I am having trouble seeing this anything more than a 50/50 game. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

We played bad and as a result of that badness we got crushed by a clearly inferior team.

Based on what, exactly? A regular season record that references games played in September and October?

Football is a "what have you done for me lately" business, and when it comes to the playoffs, you want to get hot at the right time. Ravens had a great regular season, no doubt, but they let it get to their heads that they are untouchable, and a more physical team walked into their house, punched them in the mouth, ate their food and took their spouse. 

If you want to call Tennessee inferior to help boost your opinion of your team, go ahead. But teams change throughout the season. The same Dolphins that you destroyed early ended up beating New England to knock them out of the bye.