AFC Championship Titans@Chiefs

x0x

Who you got?  

154 members have voted

1. 1. 2020 AFC Champion Is?

• Kansas City Chiefs
    • Tennessee Titans

1 hour ago, TitanSlim said:

Let me take you back to 2011 real quick.

In case you forgot, there was this team with an explosive offense with weapons all over the field. They were led by a young QB, who was playing QB as well as anyone had seen. This team averaged 35.0 PPG during the season. Once the playoffs rolled around they had a rematch against a team they previous had beaten 38-35 on the road. At home with their offense. How can they be stopped? No way they would lose. They were 8.0 point favorites. Well, they did ended up losing at home as the heavy favorites, 37-20. By now, you probably realize I'm talking about that 15-1 Packers team. 

I really only bring this up because, this Chiefs squad reminds me of that 2011 Packers. At the end of the day, that game/team will have no affect on what happens on Sunday. However,  it is interesting to compare the similar situations with the teams involved.

The 2011 Packers offense was indeed a juggernaut, but that defense had more holes than a block of Swiss cheese
Your overall point stands:  there are plenty of instances of the top offenses getting shut down in the playoffs... including the Reid -coached Eagles in 2002
They had the number 4 offense, but could only muster 10 pts in a loss to the Bucs in the NFCCG

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, dtait93 said:

how do players still make these mistakes? First Hill, now clark? Hill might still be feeling undeafeatable because of the texans game though but Clark I'm not sure about

the titans have a great punter, maybe he will get some recognition for this game helping with field position. With Mahomes, the chiefs can make up those extra yards easier than anyone else, but it still takes a few more possessions  which also could lead to To eventually. 

On 2020-01-17 at 1:40 AM, TitanLegend said:

Patrick has to move out of the way, Tannehill is obviously the new face of the league.

these stats are telling, but Tannehill is under the radar while Mahomes is in the spotlight.  Titans aren't getting the recognition for what they have done  other than Henry. 

On 2020-01-17 at 8:32 AM, Shanedorf said:

Back in 2001, Mike Vrabels' team managed to beat an offensive juggernaut: The Greatest Show on Turf -  despite being a 14 point underdog in the Super Bowl
That Warner-led Rams track team averaged 31 pts/game, but the Vrabel's shut em down and took home the crown.

lets hope Vrabel doesn't resort to some of the tactics that helped them win though, remember O.o

10 minutes ago, 3rivers said:

how do players still make these mistakes? First Hill, now clark? Hill might still be feeling undeafeatable because of the texans game though but Clark I'm not sure about

the titans have a great punter, maybe he will get some recognition for this game helping with field position. With Mahomes, the chiefs can make up those extra yards easier than anyone else, but it still takes a few more possessions  which also could lead to To eventually. 

Hill's wasn't bad if you read the full quote. More of a "we got confidence against any opponent" type of quote.

Just now, Kirill said:

Hill's wasn't bad if you read the full quote. More of a "we got confidence against any opponent" type of quote.

I weather the clip, but still don't see why players go that route. Just win the game and let the tape do the talking. Maybe hill could have also mentioned that the texans defence was not good, which always helps - might as well give the other team some credit for your success ;)

Tennessee is on a historic run in a match up in which the Cheifs are looked as a historic team. The Cheifs should be a fav, but I wouldn't talk about blowouts or getting out to a big early lead. The Titans beating the #1 offence and defence on the road tells me they are tested and prepared, but this is a different match up with KC.

The Titans present some matchup issues with the Cheifs, but they won't panic like the Ravens and Texans did last weekend. Instead, this weekend is a showcase of 2 mentally tough teams. It is also the ultimate strength vs. speed match up we've seen in awhile. 

24 minutes ago, TitanLegend said:

that's a good chart. I remembered how early the season the chiefs had problems on defence, perhaps it was taking them time to get used to their new DC and scheme.  As you pointed out, it turns out they had an easier schedule in this area of rush offences.  Looks like the Rams had another reason to not be able to make a late run to make the playoffs btw, where did you get this chart? Good info