AFC Championship Titans@Chiefs

x0x

Who you got?  

154 members have voted

1. 1. 2020 AFC Champion Is?

• Kansas City Chiefs
    • Tennessee Titans

Just now, Mesa_Titan said:

Nah it's real. Titan Sized, The Tennesseean, and USA Today reported it.

in the presser above it's slightly different IIRC, but similar. It shouldn't really matter though, the players should already be motivated and ready to execute.

1 minute ago, Chiefs_5627 said:

I'll own it if I'm wrong but I'm calling bs on that quote. I posted the presser and he didn't say that. Maybe before the last meeting or from his Seattle days or something then it could have but I'm not finding it anywhere except Titan sites or spots using the same reference.

Can we trust quotes in this social media world ? Maybe pressers in video are the only way to know what's real and what's been falsified 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, 3rivers said:

Can we trust quotes in this social media world ? Maybe pressers in video are the only way to know what's real and what's been falsified 

It got the reaction it was intended to (whether true or not). If it was faked that's kinda weak sauce imo.

The championship game should be motivation enough.

Media bashing Tannehil, Twitter bashing Tannehil. I’ve heard 5+ talking media heads and 5+ Twitter dudes say Henry is 100% the Titan Offense. Lmao. Tannehil, over a full season, is 3rd in MVP voting above Mahomes and has played like a Top 5 QB this season. I’m not saying Tannehil is the better QB but Tannehil this year is slightly behind Lamar Jackson, Russell Wilson, Patrick Mahomes, as the best QB of 2019. 

This is why I do my own research. The media and social media are full of bums that try to brainwash people. I’m almost expecting a dominant Tannehil performance this game. The Chief secondary without Thornhil is a very below average secondary. 

As I said Tuesday, Titans win 24-23. Am I confident? No. It’s 50.1% to me. A total coinflip. However, this will be nothing like the Texan game. Titans are going to control ToP. Tannehil is going to have a good game. Henry is going to have a good game. The Titans Defense has been smacking people in the mouth. A Chief 1 minute TD doesn’t matter if the Titans answer with a 7 minute TD and control the pace of the game. The Chiefs faced the worst ToP team of the 2019 season, the Texans. They never had a chance. Now they face currently, since Tannehil took over, the best ToP team. Let’s also not forget Titans won the last game. Not saying that means anything but anyone expecting a blowout here because of the Texan game and because the Titans are 9-7 are not doing the research they should. 

Edited by BayRaider
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, 3rivers said:

that's a good chart. I remembered how early the season the chiefs had problems on defence, perhaps it was taking them time to get used to their new DC and scheme.  As you pointed out, it turns out they had an easier schedule in this area of rush offences.  Looks like the Rams had another reason to not be able to make a late run to make the playoffs btw, where did you get this chart? Good info 

It comes from Warren Sharp: https://twitter.com/SharpFootball

https://www.sharpfootballanalysis.com/

https://www.sharpfootballstats.com/

One of, if not the top guy as far as NFL analytics go(at least, as far as those who cater to the fans/aren't employed by teams in the league).

• Like 1

Anyone who has uttered Tannehil and “Game Manager” this season loses credibility forever. The guy had the highest Yards Per Attempt in NFL Super Era History at 9.6. He was throwing bombs. He was throwing 10-15 yard dimes on 3rd down. He was throwing guys open. He was putting the ball on the money to the inch in tight windows. 

Will the stage be too big for Tannehil? That’s certainly possible. Anyone who dares utter manager in the same sentence deserves to have their football credentials revoked. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Chiefs_5627 said:

I'll own it if I'm wrong but I'm calling bs on that quote. I posted the presser and he didn't say that. Maybe before the last meeting or from his Seattle days or something then it could have but I'm not finding it anywhere except Titan sites or spots using the same reference.

No bs

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, upriser7 said:

Chiefs should win comfortably if they just let Henry have his and instead focus on taking away the deep ball, similar to Pats strategy that worked pretty well and limited Titans to only 14 points.

Agree here. If the Chiefs focus more around the passing game, and don’t box Henry with 8+, that’s the best path to limiting the Titans in the points department. Bills gameplan, as always, was fantastic.