AFC Championship Titans@Chiefs

x0x

Who you got?  

154 members have voted

1. 1. 2020 AFC Champion Is?

• Kansas City Chiefs
    • Tennessee Titans

11 minutes ago, raidersedge said:

Mahomes and that offense is too much to deal with. Titans might have to score 50 to have a shot to win. I think Chiefs win this and Andy finally gets his Super Bowl.

Yup. Tannehill is no scrub, but he's not in Mahomes galaxy. Really hard to envision a Titans win tomorrow.

3 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

listen, this game is going to be tough and the chiefs should be favored, but saying we're gonna have to score 50 to win....i'll just say that i would be absolutely stunned if we get 50 points dropped on us tomorrow

100% Agree ( although I don't know if I think the Chiefs should be favored ), but would just like to point out that the one saying you need 50 to win is a Raiders fan, not a Chiefs fan.

Edited by Soggust

The Titans never really went down vs the Patriots or Ravens.  It would be interesting to see them be down by 10 in the 2nd half and Tannehill be FORCED to throw the football.  I've mentioned I've wanted to see the same thing with Garoppolo and Lamar Jackson.  We've seen it with Jackson.

8 minutes ago, showtime said:

The Titans never really went down vs the Patriots or Ravens.  It would be interesting to see them be down by 10 in the 2nd half and Tannehill be FORCED to throw the football.  I've mentioned I've wanted to see the same thing with Garoppolo and Lamar Jackson.  We've seen it with Jackson.

• Like 1

@TitanLegend No disrespect here, but I don't really care about what happened in the regular season.  I don't dislike Ryan Tannehill, either.  I hope he does well, but the playoffs are just a different beast.  When you lose a week 10 game, it sucks but there's always next week.  You lose this game tomorrow and your season is over.  It hits much much differently.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, showtime said:

@TitanLegend No disrespect here, but I don't really care about what happened in the regular season.  I don't dislike Ryan Tannehill, either.  I hope he does well, but the playoffs are just a different beast.  When you lose a week 10 game, it sucks but there's always next week.  You lose this game tomorrow and your season is over.  It hits much much differently.

You were asking how the Titans respond when they're losing, and I gave you what they've done when losing, which is continue to run the same offense they do when tied or leading. They've only gone more run heavy in the playoffs. I dunno why you'd believe anything would change.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, showtime said:

i think his point was less about tannehill and more that there are very, very few situations in which we actually abandon the run. hell, we've run two-minute drills that were primarily giving the ball to henry.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, -Hope- said:

i think his point was less about tannehill and more that there are very, very few situations in which we actually abandon the run. hell, we've run two-minute drills that were primarily giving the ball to henry.

That's fair.  A 10 point deficit probably isn't enough to make a team like the Titans go away from the run, but you never know in the playoffs.  Look at Baltimore.  Last week they went down and completely abandoned their game plan they've used all year to go 14-2.  They stopped handing the ball off to the running backs.  They ran the football mainly through Lamar Jackson and then threw the ball a crap load of times.

That was like postseason level panic and being flustered.  I highly doubt that happens during a week 11 game, but it happened in the playoffs.

21 minutes ago, showtime said:

That game was also Mahomes first game back from injury. He looked like he was playing it safe and didn't look 100%.

28 minutes ago, RavensDefense3 said:

Still don't believe the titans are an A level team. There's no reason this game should be close if chiefs don't turn the ball over. 37-17 chiefs.

You guys must really suck then, if you lost to this crap team in your own house by multiple scores. 

😴😴

1 minute ago, RavensDefense3 said:

it's the NFL. any given sunday, everything went your way last week. this won't happen forever.

Maybe if they'd beaten just the Patriots or just the Ravens, but both? On the road? I don't think it's a fluke especially when combined with how they played in the regular season once Tannehill came aboard.

• Like 1