AFC Championship Titans@Chiefs

x0x

Who you got?  

154 members have voted

1. 1. 2020 AFC Champion Is?

• Kansas City Chiefs
    • Tennessee Titans

9 minutes ago, Buckweath said:

Any given Sunday. On any given match, any team can beat any team. 

I know tons of people function that whichever team wins a matchup in the playoffs is the better team. That's not how I see it. 

I don't mean disrespect to the Titans and sure they can beat KC but I rather face them than the Ravens and probably the Pats too although they showed clear decline towards the end of the season.

Cool. Ravens are a better regular season team. Titans can remain the better playoff team.

What will determine that game is whether or not Tennessee can shift to man coverage against Kansas City's receiver lineup.  

They'll get burned big time if they try to zone the middle of the field like they did with Lamar Jackson.  

Jackson would've ran right up the middle if Tennessee's defense wouldn't have played the zone so well.  

But, that's not going to work with Mahomes, because he a more fine tuned passer than Jackson is.  

Mahomes will either beat them on the short curl route behind the linebackers or the deep post route beyond the secondary.  

Mahomes can turn the dial better than any other QB in the league, but Tennessee will have to play man-to-man so Mahomes doesn't have all his options.  

Edited by RamblinMan99

2 hours ago, Bearerofnews said:

It's like staring in a mirror. Let the salt go fam. Titans are legit af. They just bullied yall after bullying NE, beat KC and Hou (i get they rested starters) and they nearly beat NO

And that was without Henry and a bull**** non-call at the end. People can keep sleeping on this team though because Vrabel and these Titans thrive on it.

Edited by ttitansfan4life
  • Like 1

56 minutes ago, RamblinMan99 said:

What will determine that game is whether or not Tennessee can shift to man coverage against Kansas City's receiver lineup.  

They'll get burned big time if they try to zone the middle of the field like they did with Lamar Jackson.  

Jackson would've ran right up the middle if Tennessee's defense wouldn't have played the zone so well.  

But, that's not going to work with Mahomes, because he a more fine tuned passer than Jackson is.  

Mahomes will either beat them on the short curl route behind the linebackers or the deep post route beyond the secondary.  

Mahomes can turn the dial better than any other QB in the league, but Tennessee will have to play man-to-man so Mahomes doesn't have all his options.  

Mahomes is q bigger threat than Jackson is to me. 

Mahomes can run which I think gets overlooked because he throws the ball so well. 

Mahomes is truly the ultimate weapon. Like there is no true way to stop him. I think the only way to stop him is if his receivers make a mistake. 

Can't play zone. Can't play man because the guys will run by you or he will escape the pocket for a long run or buy time till his guys get open. 

Don't know how his team ever loses lol. 

Titans can only hope that we limit there possessions and make them press for the big play by not letting anything deep. 

There offense is just amazing 

2 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

Mahomes can run which I think gets overlooked because he throws the ball so well. 

Mahomes is truly the ultimate weapon. Like there is no true way to stop him. I think the only way to stop him is if his receivers make a mistake. 

Can't play zone. Can't play man because the guys will run by you or he will escape the pocket for a long run or buy time till his guys get open. 

Titans can only hope that we limit there possessions and make them press for the big play by not letting anything deep. 

Kansas City's defense isn't the best by any means, despite being able to contain Watson.  

And yes, Mahomes can definitely run the football, but he's not as freely willing to run the football like Lamar Jackson is.  

While I think running the ball is truly a permanent part of who Jackson is, Mahomes just runs the ball whenever he knows he has to.  

If your edge rushers show up to play and you're playing man, you might still be able to contain Mahomes.  

To play it more safe would be to drain their time of possession and just keep handing Derrick Henry the football.  

Henry's just as much of a beast as Mahomes is, because he's proven to be consistent for four quarters.  

18 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

Yup. Mahomes is ridiculous. He's what you'd come out of the store with if you went into Build-A-QB-Workshop.

1 hour ago, Buckweath said:

Any given Sunday. On any given match, any team can beat any team. 

I know tons of people function that whichever team wins a matchup in the playoffs is the better team. That's not how I see it. 

I don't mean disrespect to the Titans and sure they can beat KC but I rather face them than the Ravens and probably the Pats too although they showed clear decline towards the end of the season.

Yeah except this makes it seem like we've just been lucky. You don't win 7 out of your last 10 games by happenstance. You don't go in to Foxborough in the playoffs, a place where no team had won in a decade, and beat the greatest coach and QB of all time on accident. You don't go in to Baltimore against the greatest rushing attack of all time, the MVP, and a top 3 defense and randomly dominate them for all 4 quarters. Our team was better than both New England and Baltimore. Those wins weren't, "any given Sunday" wins. They were dominating performances by Henry and the defense.

• Like 2

If TEN beats KC, they'll have beaten all the Division winner from the AFC the last 4 weeks, on the road.

Say what you will about being the underdog, it's hard not to give TEN anything but full credit if they beat KC.

And I say that as someone who firmly believes BAL wins 7/10 games with TEN last weekend, if not 8.   At some point, you have to just tip your cap.

Edited by Broncofan
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

Because their defense is average at best. 

3 hours ago, Buckweath said:

I see others have not liked your take but I agree with it.

Sure they have beaten the Pats and Ravens back to back on the road but I don't see them as a an elite team.

I see them as slightly better than the Texans.

I don't think they're any better than their regular season record shows, if that makes any sense.

But you never know, unlikely but they might just continue on that run.

This is silly.

We aren't an elite team but beat the Chiefs, Patriots, Ravens, and blew out the inferior competition after Tannehill got the start?

I think it's fairly obvious you didn't watch us this season. It's been a tale of 2 completely different teams under Mariota (2-4) and Tannehill (7-3). We are undeniably better than what our regular season shows. To say otherwise is ignorance (or saltiness - see @RavensDefense3 - enjoy that L btw kiddo).

• Like 1

19 hours ago, valkrei said:

Kc def better now though

I think both teams have improved overall since week 10 and along with Baltimore were the elite AFC teams in my book. I don't know what to expect from this game, but I feel both sides won't panic (for lack of a better term), which is where Baltimore/Houston were guilty.

Vrabel will have the Titans ready if we are going by a 2 game sample, but Mahomes might be too much anyways.