AFC Championship Titans@Chiefs

x0x

Who you got?  

154 members have voted

1. 1. 2020 AFC Champion Is?

• Kansas City Chiefs
    • Tennessee Titans

I thought Vegas was crazy to make KC a 6-pt favorite if they won today (came out as HOU-TEN pick' em and KC -6 pregame).

Then I saw that 2Q/2H.   Man, what a juggernaut.

This is a game where a TEN W wouldn't surprise me at all, because once they get a lead, they have a closer who can keep Mahomes off the field.  But if you get KC to get a 10+ pt lead, then it's over.   

KC winning without Chris Jones is a huge testament to both their O's lethal nature, and the resilience of their D, and DC Spagnolo's ability to neutralize the pass game.  Neutralizing Henry I have zero clue how they get that done...but on the other hand, I don't see TEN's O neutralizing Mahomes, either.

Unlike the SF-GB game, I think it's a close game at least for 3Q's.   I'll give KC the nod for now, although I want to know if Chris Jones is playing (and Travis Kelce's hamstring being OK) as part of that call (if they are both OK, huge help).

Edited by Broncofan

3 hours ago, Remember The Oilers said:

Henry had 180 vs. KC in week 10

He had over 150 in that WC game a few years ago

And over 6 yards a pop vs. them in 16.

Maybe 5 or 6 TDs in total

We are going to need more of the same if not more

Kc def better now though

Titans will win. Henry couldnt be stopped the first outing when CJ95 was playing...dont see it much different next Sunday.

Titans secondary has been ballin all post season. Mahomes threw for almost 500 yards and still lost in their first meeting? It’s going be even more difficult to win now. Titans by 7

The Titans beat the defending champs, a historically good regular season team, and now must beat a red hot 2 seed coming off a game where their offense looked unstoppable. I wouldn’t have thought the Titans could get past the 2nd “gate”, but they did... in fact they dominated. I can’t rule them out, but I can’t pick against KC either after what I just saw.

KC 31

TN 27

If the Titans do manage to win, boy oh boy, most impressive path to the SB ever. Tough to beat 07 NYG overall run though when it included 16-0 Pats.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, indifference said:

Titans will win. Henry couldnt be stopped the first outing when CJ95 was playing...dont see it much different next Sunday.

Titans secondary has been ballin all post season. Mahomes threw for almost 500 yards and still lost in their first meeting? It’s going be even more difficult to win now. Titans by 7

Yessss. Keep doubting HIM.

26 minutes ago, indifference said:

Mahomes wasn’t at full power, definitely not scrambling like he was able to today, which was the factor that made the offense look truly scary.

This is a tough game for me and I really could see this going either way.

KC is a better team, but I do think the Titans are a very bad matchup for the Chiefs. The Titans can dominate the LOS on both sides of the ball and run the ball down their throat meanwhile dominating TOP to keep Mahomes and the offense off the field.

I kinda think an upset might be coming but I'm not ballsy enough to pick against KC at home in this spot.

KC: 30, Ten: 27

Key to this game besides the obvious (slowing down Henry), is KC starting Fast. As much as Tennessee wants to pound it down your throat,  it's hard to do if down 21-0. Or If KC is answering every long drive by the Titans with a Quick strike TD themselves. 

What the Chiefs can't do is leave that Defense on the field with numerous 3 in out/Punts and Kicking FG's instead of TD's. That's exactly the type of Game the Titans will win.

Titans have all the makings of turning this game into a NYG/NE type SB score. Phenomenal running game, Defense playing Great and the QB managing but not losing you the game.

However, IMO Tannehil will have to Pass the ball more then he has had to the past two games to keep pace with Mahomes and the Chiefs. 

Scores goes above 28, Chiefs Win. Scores stay under 24, Titans.

7 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

Key to this game besides the obvious (slowing down Henry), is KC starting Fast. As much as Tennessee wants to pound it down your throat,  it's hard to do if down 21-0. Or If KC is answering every long drive by the Titans with a Quick strike TD themselves. 

What the Chiefs can't do is leave that Defense on the field with numerous 3 in out/Punts and Kicking FG's instead of TD's. That's exactly the type of Game the Titans will win.

Titans have all the makings of turning this game into a NYG/NE type SB score. Phenomenal running game, Defense playing Great and the QB managing but not losing you the game.

However, IMO Tannehil will have to Pass the ball more then he has had to the past two games to keep pace with Mahomes and the Chiefs. 

Scores goes above 28, Chiefs Win. Scores stay under 24, Titans.

Apologies if you are not implying this, but you realize Tannehil is not a Game Manager right? He just finished with the highest YPA in the Super Bowl Era. Yes, highest, ever. And 4th Highest Passer Rating in NFL History. He has been a gunslinger this season, with very little turnovers.

People who give Henry all the credit don't watch the Titan games. They are both equal to each other's success. Henry averaged 3.0 with Mariota and 5.0 with Tannehil. A huge difference.

• Like 2