Playoff Week 3: Tennessee at Arrowhead

onejayhawk

For only the second time, the Chiefs will host the AFC Championship game. The other time saw Pat Mahomes on the bench while the Patriots scored in OT. Let's not do that again.

Weather next week is similar to today but colder. 

One fitting comment on the recently completed game, the stadium ran out of fireworks for after Chiefs TDs. Just sayin'.

J

This is going to be a very difficult game for us. Stopping Henry looks a near impossible task at the moment. If, and its a big if, we can jump out to an early lead, we could throw them off of their game and force them to throw the ball. Playing at home is also massive for us. If the O plays how they did today, we will win. Just dont want any first quarter like that next week haha.

5 hours ago, kempus said:

This is going to be a very difficult game for us. Stopping Henry looks a near impossible task at the moment. If, and its a big if, we can jump out to an early lead, we could throw them off of their game and force them to throw the ball. Playing at home is also massive for us. If the O plays how they did today, we will win. Just dont want any first quarter like that next week haha.

I keep coming back to a podcast comment I heard this week. The Chiefs have more muscle mass than last year. Henry can hurt us, but he cannot beat us. Compared to the Texans, the passing game isn't all that either. If we put up 30, we should win. 

J

1 hour ago, onejayhawk said:

I keep coming back to a podcast comment I heard this week. The Chiefs have more muscle mass than last year. Henry can hurt us, but he cannot beat us. Compared to the Texans, the passing game isn't all that either. If we put up 30, we should win. 

J

The D is significantly better than last year, imo. They are even significantly better than the last time we played the Titans. Quick, early scores will put them under massive pressure to change how they play.

15 hours ago, kempus said:

Your offense really can't be stopped it seems. The only time they scored less than 20 is the Colts and looking at it, I don't know if anything they did can be replicated or not just saying the Chiefs were off that night.

I can't imagine our defense doing anything that will stop them. I can only hope we find a way to force a mistake at least 2 times, whether that be a dropped ball or missed block, then have Henry eat clock and hit a well timed pass. 

I really like Andy Reid and hard to hate Mahommes. Love how the Chiefs fans show up. I respect this team a lot. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

Your offense really can't be stopped it seems. The only time they scored less than 20 is the Colts and looking at it, I don't know if anything they did can be replicated or not just saying the Chiefs were off that night.

I can't imagine our defense doing anything that will stop them. I can only hope we find a way to force a mistake at least 2 times, whether that be a dropped ball or missed block, then have Henry eat clock and hit a well timed pass. 

I really like Andy Reid and hard to hate Mahommes. Love how the Chiefs fans show up. I respect this team a lot. 

It was pretty simple,  they just doubled inside and ran it down out throats.  We hardly held the ball in that game.  Very similar to how Pittsburgh has beaten us in the playoffs.  They didn’t change their gameplay, just stuck to pounding 4-5 yards every play.

That’s the key to slowing down the offense, aside from us committing a ton of dumb penalties.

We’ve improved the run D, but you’ll definitely give us a test as to how much. 

Either way, best of luck and glad to have some new blood in the AFC.

• Like 1

I'm really nervous about this one. I think the Titans are a matchup nightmare for us. They are strong on both lines and their run game is phenomenal. We lost the last 4 games against the Titans and 3 of them were played at home. It's a really tough game for us. It's easy to say, that we need to stop the run, but we need to stop the run somehow, but that's my main concern. I have no faith in the team stopping Henry from having a great day. If we can't stop the run, we need to score as much points as possible, as they will eat up a lot of time and control the game. That might also be a problem for our offense, as it might be less realistic that it gets in a roll like it did yesterday, if it has to stay off the field for 7 or 8 minutes. I think it's also obvious, that we can't have another bad start like we had yesterday. If we have, than we're done, as the Titans will just run it down our throats. It's going to be tough and i don't see us as clear favourites.

Still it's the AFC Championship game and it's again in Arrowhead. We just need to win it this time. No excuse, we need to get it done.

1 hour ago, Edge said:

I'm really nervous about this one. I think the Titans are a matchup nightmare for us. They are strong on both lines and their run game is phenomenal. We lost the last 4 games against the Titans and 3 of them were played at home. It's a really tough game for us. It's easy to say, that we need to stop the run, but we need to stop the run somehow, but that's my main concern. I have no faith in the team stopping Henry from having a great day. If we can't stop the run, we need to score as much points as possible, as they will eat up a lot of time and control the game. That might also be a problem for our offense, as it might be less realistic that it gets in a roll like it did yesterday, if it has to stay off the field for 7 or 8 minutes. I think it's also obvious, that we can't have another bad start like we had yesterday. If we have, than we're done, as the Titans will just run it down our throats. It's going to be tough and i don't see us as clear favourites.

Still it's the AFC Championship game and it's again in Arrowhead. We just need to win it this time. No excuse, we need to get it done.

I love it, get this revenge tour in full force. Really wanted this game just for those reasons. ExorcisIng the playoff demons.

Gonna be a good game I think. Titans are old school vs Chiefs New School. Can’t wait

Edited by Chiefer

FBO does not update in postseason, so the post week #17 rankings are still up. They have us #3 on offense to Titans #6, #14 on D to their #16.

The big mismatch is ST. We are #2 and Tennessee is #27. They have a poor kicker and do not cover returns well. Their only strength is punt returns.

J

On 14.1.2020 at 4:38 PM, HolmesPriest said:

So does this mean we should have Mahomes also play on Special Teams? :D 

Brady did some punts  .. .saw one recently against the Broncos on 3 & 10 with 3 mins left.

This is Belichik thinking  .. but  .. why not if it serves a purpose?