Jump to content
plan9misfit

Jimmy Johnson - HALL OF FAME

Recommended Posts

Very well deserved.  I've been saying for years that he should be in Canton.  Glad they finally did it.  This was a great moment too, for those of you who haven't seen it.

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jimmy Johnson was so good and built such a dynasty that they won a SB 2 years AFTER he left! THAT'S how good that team was. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Rtnldave said:

Jimmy Johnson was so good and built such a dynasty that they won a SB 2 years AFTER he left! THAT'S how good that team was. 

Should have had 3 in a row at the least if egos hadn't gotten in the way. Shame.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, D82 said:

Should have had 3 in a row at the least if egos hadn't gotten in the way. Shame.

No argument here. DIE YOU OLD BUZZARD!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/12/2020 at 9:36 PM, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

Smart money is on Troy.

Also, everyone agree's how he will end his speech, right?

The clapper inducts him.    Would be funny if Jimmy invites all the coaches fired by Jerry, and doesn't invite Jerry.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/12/2020 at 8:35 PM, HDsportsfan said:

*sigh* I miss those days, especially watching the playoffs now.

I'm so old I still have those SB's on VHS. LOL

You young dudes need to Google that.

Good on JJ....well deserved. He came in and didn't screw around.

Growing up in the Youngstown, OH area,   I worked at the Southern Park Mall, which at that time was owned by the Debartolo family.    Would flip off the big sign that said "Good luck 49ers "on my way in everyday.   Those playoff games vs the 49ers were the Superbowl in the early 90's .    I hated San Fran so much and just wanted to us to beat them so bad.   Great time be young.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Rtnldave said:

Jimmy Johnson was so good and built such a dynasty that they won a SB 2 years AFTER he left! THAT'S how good that team was. 

Funny that Troy's best game was the playoff loss to SF.   You can still tell it bothers Troy they didn't win 4 in a row.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, D82 said:

Should have had 3 in a row at the least if egos hadn't gotten in the way. Shame.

Here we go again. It nothing to do with egos.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, SweetFancyMoses said:

Growing up in the Youngstown, OH area,   I worked at the Southern Park Mall, which at that time was owned by the Debartolo family.    Would flip off the big sign that said "Good luck 49ers "on my way in everyday.   Those playoff games vs the 49ers were the Superbowl in the early 90's .    I hated San Fran so much and just wanted to us to beat them so bad.   Great time be young.  

Agreed. Still flip off the 49ers emblem on Market St to this day. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Congrats Coach Jimmy J!! No coach finer than him more deserving!! Loved watching his emotional response when he was notified!! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Some guys grew up with Landry. For me, Jimmy will always be my Dallas Coach.

 

3m5bs0.jpg

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...