GDT: Definitely America’s Team at Chiefs

titans0021

KC is the team to beat in the AFC for the next 10 years. Need to draft to slow them down. Teams that can score in a hurry also can counter our game-plan. Hard to give Derrick Henry 35 carries if you get in a hole early.

Need pass rushers and corners.

We think our offense tires people out by the end of the game.

TD tweet that Byard said he was extra tired after the last Chiefs game. And that he covered 1820 yards in 81 snaps (over a mile) and nearly half of them were sprinting.

We're going to have to do a good job keeping our defense off the field.

We are so close to going to the Super Bowl and I don’t know how many times we will get this opportunity 

Normally we have to root for the easiest path but so far we have went through a few buzz saws and survived really good 

If we were able to go to Gillette and beat the 2 GOATS, go to Baltimore and shut down the MVP, I would appreciate it so much as a fan to be able to knock off KC and be able to say we had a legitimate run to the SB and we earned everything and just really want this fairy tail season not to end on Sunday 

So many fans on Twitter and the radio already have us in the SB, credit to those fans because I’m nervous as hell

I know we have had great success against this franchise but Mahomes is something special 

I really hope we are able to get to Miami because what a difference would make if this team could get a week off before the SB after playing on the road 4 consecutive weeks 

Sunday won’t be easy I’m sure there will be a lot of swearing at the tv, a lot of up and downs but I’m hoping this coaching staff and the players keep it rolling 

• Like 2

I will say this playoff run has been maybe the most satisfying stretch of my Titans fandom.  

Super Bowl run was great, but I was younger in my fandom and wasn't as passionate as i am now. I"d actually miss a game back then and see how the results turned out. 
2008 was a good season but ended so badly that made the season just a horrible memory. 

But the season stretch of AJ Brown, Tanny, Henry, Vrabel, defense....then this playoff run. I am just enjoying it all. It could end all Sunday and I'll have no regrets. I am just happy for this team and the city. 
We've taken down two giants....not just taken down but slayed. 

I will watch Sunday with as clear of a mind. Nervous of course, but relaxed. 

They've owe me nothing.

But.......I hope they go out there and TAKE EVERYTHING!

• Like 7

4 hours ago, KingTitan said:

That is the game I went back to look at as well.  
But i also want to really look at when they played the Colts. It is the only time in the Mahommes era that they failed to score 20 points. I need to see who was out, what was the weather, was anyone drunk? lol

Our offense doesn't concern me anymore. It appears we can run on anyone at any time. 

I just haven't seen the KC offense stopped and barely slowed down. If they do slow down or mess up its because of their own mistakes.

Well we are helped a lot by Baltimore mistakes early in the game.  When we show that we also can’t be stopped using simple smash mouth football it changes the focus of the other team as offense especially when we’re limiting the possessions 

• Like 1

But similar to the Ravens. 
If we can stop the big play and make them take their time getting down the field. We may have a chance. That could force them to press for the big play and make a mistake. 

While we are doing our methodical offense.

Make them press and get quick feet or panic a little, that could be the kink in their armor. 

All 28 of our points came off turnovers, including turnover on downs. All 4 of our TDs were scored on a possession that started inside the 50. 

If we want to score points on drives that start deep in our own territory, we're going to have to throw the ball. We just didn't have to last week. We got a lead and chose to bleed the clock, only throwing when we needed to. I think the last two weeks could work to our advantage if teams all the sudden think we are only a Derrick Henry run the ball only team and we come out and throw it with Tannehill off play-action early. 

I don't think our turnovers were just Baltimore mistakes though. Those turnovers were created by our defense and the scheme we played. People have noted that the full view of the field shows we stuffed plenty of defenders in the middle of the field and forced Lamar Jackson to throw outside the numbers. Where did he throw his two interceptions? On out-breaking routes to the left. People blame Andrews for the first one, which is an absolute joke. It barely touched his hands when he was fully extended. It was a **** pass. The second one he was throwing an out-breaking route and the ball placement was wayyy inside waiting to be picked. The guy was open with a good pass.

The difference this weekend is that Patrick Mahommes doesn't really have a weakness. He can beat you so many different ways and it's going to take a total team effort. I'd play dime or big dime the entire game and encourage them to run the ball. If they drive it down the field in 9 minutes and score, by all means let them. They won't, because it's Andy Reid and that's not what he does. He'll throw even when we show 6 man boxes and Mahommes is good enough to do it.

We need to try to get turnovers to create some extra possessions for us and we need to limit the number of possessions Mahommes has.

Edited by TitanSS
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, TitanSS said:

All 28 of our points came off turnovers, including turnover on downs. All 4 of our TDs were scored on a possession that started inside the 50. 

this isn't quite true. we had an 81-yard touchdown drive after one of the 4th down stops. however, it was obviously helped by a 66-yard derrick henry run lol.

11 minutes ago, TitanSS said:

Oh you're right. So 3 of 4 lol

yeah, i mean, it doesn't really disprove your point that we'll almost certainly need more from the passing game this week. but yeah i think it actually bodes well for us, among all the challenges, that we've displayed that we can win ugly with defense and ground and pound (NE) and by building up a lead and grinding clock (BAL), but we've also got a couple shootout victories to our name (OAK and KC). i'm actually hoping that KC run commits hard because it could really help us create some big plays in the passing game to stay with them early.

The last two weeks we played two of the best pass defenses in the NFL, if not THE two best. This week will be different against a KC team that I don't think will have Chris Jones.

I hope we recognize the difference in the match-ups and play a little less conservatively.

3 hours ago, KingTitan said:

I will say this playoff run has been maybe the most satisfying stretch of my Titans fandom.  

Super Bowl run was great, but I was younger in my fandom and wasn't as passionate as i am now. I"d actually miss a game back then and see how the results turned out. 
2008 was a good season but ended so badly that made the season just a horrible memory. 

But the season stretch of AJ Brown, Tanny, Henry, Vrabel, defense....then this playoff run. I am just enjoying it all. It could end all Sunday and I'll have no regrets. I am just happy for this team and the city. 
We've taken down two giants....not just taken down but slayed. 

I will watch Sunday with as clear of a mind. Nervous of course, but relaxed. 

They've owe me nothing.

But.......I hope they go out there and TAKE EVERYTHING!

King I’d run through a brick wall for you RIGHT NOW

• Like 4

I'm just so proud man, nothing else for me to really say. KC is a great team...this is gonna be a tough matchup. Both teams will be prepared, I think, so let the best team win.

But like...damn. We're playing for an AFC title right now. I became a fan the moment Dyson got stopped at the 1. Starting sobbing and my mom asked what's wrong. My response? "I'm a Titans fan, mom." I was 8 years old.

I've thought about that 2009 divisional game against Baltimore every day of my life since it happened. I was a senior in high school. That's the first time I was old enough to HURT. and man it HURT.

this is just so special for us, guys. I want this more than anything. A lot of us have been on this forum for like 15 years!!!! you're all my Titan family. we've been through some awful teams and just a few exciting moments. this team is ROLLING...how far can it go????

tenor.gif?itemid=14640458

• Like 5