GDT: Definitely America’s Team at Chiefs

titans0021

1 minute ago, TitanLegend said:

Yeah I can't imagine hiring Coombs for it if Pees retired. That being said though, no one on our current staff has any DC experience that I'm aware of, so looking like an outside hire if he goes that route.

Hopefully it's a pointless discussion we're having and Pees just returns next year.

True. I’d love to keep everyone together except for some minor subtractions(Lewis, Woodyard, Delanie) and some improvement to the pass-rush and minor positions like backup QB and RB. This team has become fun to watch again.

47 minutes ago, deeluxx3 said:

congrats!

It was my and my gf's 3year anniversary on the Pats game. Once we clinched, she was like "I already looked at when you play Saturday, we have to do stuff until then" hahah. even looked for tix!! keep

Edit: On my phone. No idea how it quoted you lol.

1 hour ago, TitanLegend said:

I'm wondering if we're even going to resign Ryan, cause from what he said earlier this season or whatever, he really wants to test FA. I dunno if that's cause he wants to leave or if he's looking for like a huge payday before his career winds down and knows he likely won't get that here with us already paying Butler and having Adoree's contract coming up. I dunno how good Brock is in the slot, but it's possible we might already have our replacement for Ryan, at least depth chart wise, in Brock the way he's played lately, and shouldn't cost a lot.

If Ryan does want that big pay day(and he'll be 29 next year, so hard to blame him), wouldn't be surprised if we go the pay Conklin route over paying Ryan.

I also 100% believe paying Conklin should be the priority over paying Henry buuuuuuuuuuut been down that road already.

In terms of priority(imo, anyway) I'd go Tannehill > Conklin > Ryan > Henry.

I kind of agree with you in terms of priority. I actually think Henry over Ryan because I think Amari Hooker was drafted to be our slot/S hybrid player and take over Ryan's spot after this year. Hooker played the slot a lot in college as a safety. I think the plan was always to move off Ryan and then he ended up having a career year. 

Then again, that's Henry at a reasonable number. I can't justify a Zeke contract. 

Agree with Tanny/Conklin as 1/2.

Edited by TitanSS

7 hours ago, ttitansfan4life said:

Nothing I’d love more than him coming across the middle for a pass and Evans or Vaccaro or anybody just flat out laying this piece of **** out. Shouldn’t even be in the league right now.

Get out of here with this. Keep it game related.

EDIT: Thought I was in gen chat. Regardless....

Edited by kingseanjohn

5 hours ago, titans0021 said:

It’s Wednesday and I’m already incredibly nervous. I was 11 the last time we were in a conference championship game.

I was 9 back then and sports was so "life or death" for me then. If we loss it ruined my whole week, we win and I knew it was going to be a great school week. With age/responsibilities/life in general, that isn't nearly the case now.

And yet...here I am. As anxious as I've ever been as sports fan. We're really a game away from making to The Big Game. With the space in years between the last time we were in this position and just getting older, I realize not only to cherish this year/moment, but also not to take it for granted. 

If we are to make the Super Bowl, I already know the two weeks between the championship round and the game will be the longest in my life lol.

Edited by TitanSlim
  • Like 3

6 hours ago, TitanSlim said:

I was 9 back then and sports was so "life or death" for me then. If we loss it ruined my whole week, we win and I knew it was going to be a great school week. With age/responsibilities/life in general, that isn't nearly the case now.

And yet...here I am. As anxious as I've ever been as sports fan. We're really a game away from making to The Big Game. With the space in years between the last time we were in this position and just getting older, I realize not only to cherish this year/moment, but also not to take it for granted. 

If we are to make the Super Bowl, I already know the two weeks between the championship round and the game will be the longest in my life lol.

Once a diehard fan always a diehard fan!!!

Maybe it'll be different if we make it to or win the super bowl, but I dunno, the excitement from when I was younger still hasn't come back for me. Think I'm just gonna be that way for the rest of my life, lol. Watching the Titans and Vols for the last 10-12 years drained it all out of me I guess.

6 hours ago, TitanSlim said:

Oh yeah, all rationality is still lost when it comes to sports for me. As you said, if anything, I appreciate it more now. I grew up in Green Bay, the Packers went to back-to-back SBs when I was 6/7, I became a Titans (Oilers) fan in 98. As a kid, the playoffs were pretty much a certainty.

There’s definitely a lot more appreciation for this run. The last two weeks are probably my favorite wins I’ve ever experienced as a sports fan. It’s nice to have sports still make that impact from time to time. Hell, it was enough to get me, someone that hates spending money, to drive 18 hours in three days and splurge on a ticket, just to have this experience.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, TitanLegend said:

Maybe it'll be different if we make it to or win the super bowl, but I dunno, the excitement from when I was younger still hasn't come back for me. Think I'm just gonna be that way for the rest of my life, lol. Watching the Titans and Vols for the last 10-12 years drained it all out of me I guess.

Yeah, I do think the success the Badgers football and basketball teams, the occasional Brewers runs and the Bucks now having Giannis gave me enough success that I could suffer through 15 years of the Titans mediocrity. It’d be tough to only root for bad teams across the board.

If Brown is able to play, I wonder if this is the game where we unleash Evans as a edge rusher.

We know how important getting pressure of Mahomes is. We also know that was one of the strengths of Evans coming into the league and we haven't truly used it as of yet. Wonder if that's curveball Pees/Vrabel throws this game.