GDT: Definitely America’s Team at Chiefs

titans0021

7 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

Sure sounds like everyone will be ready to go on Sunday.

It is a good vibe in the city and even here in this forum. No panic. No dread. Just let's line up and play and see what happens. 

All the guys are back like you said, it will be our best punch we'll give to Patty and the Chiefs. 

55 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

It is a good vibe in the city and even here in this forum. No panic. No dread. Just let's line up and play and see what happens. 

All the guys are back like you said, it will be our best punch we'll give to Patty and the Chiefs. 

I'm just excited for Sunday! I know we're capable of beating KC, I just want the game to get here so we can see what happens. You better believe there will be lots of yelling in my house on Sunday! I didn't fall asleep til around 4 last Sunday I was so excited after we won...I hate to think how long I'll be up this Sunday if we win!

4 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

he's been good since he got here but he's been lights-out down the stretch and in the playoffs. dude's a dog

yea he's played his best ball for us the past few weeks. and it's objectively elite-level safety play. total difference maker

you cannot understate how important the physicality he brings is to the team. very few guys are cut from Vaccaro's cloth

22 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

So, we hear about how we had two FG mistakes, dropped passes, and a fumble return for TD for the Titans to "barely" beat the Chiefs.

But how about Mahomes threw for almost 500 yards 3 TDs, Hill had 11 for 157 and 1 TD and STILL couldn't win?

Or that we were without Jurrell, Jayon and Corey....

2 hours ago, KingTitan said:

And if you look at the Texans Playoffs game, those mistakes seems to be common with the Chiefs.  Mental blunders, fumbles, overthrows and drops.  
If a team makes the most of those mistakes, is that really a bad thing?

Or if we force a bad snap, cause a fumble or block a kick? Is that not something we had a hand in causing? Especially seeing that we've blocked multiple kicks and forced fumbles.

Maybe that over throw is caused by pressure.
Maybe that drop is caused by the previous hit across the middle

Totally right, and this has been my main question w/the analytics-heads. I think analytics are super useful in making macro observations, when to punt vs go for it on 4th, field position-driven decisions, etc. But when it comes to players, in unique games and situations, "past performance is not indicative of future results" etc etc. Informs it, absolutely, but you can't account for those small things in game. 

One thing I haven't seen much from the national guys, and especially the analytics guys, is how much we've been dominating field position. That added pressure playing backed up wears on QB's. Forcing longer drives (and more FG's than TD's) in addition to our grinders on O helps in these tight games. So far our D has created clogged passing lanes with these game plans, making anything short and inside super tough. This week will be a huge challenge with a stretched field so probably won't work like it has the past 2 weeks. But Pees has been creating great opportunities for turnovers. If we can get a couple on Mahomes our chances go up astronomically with each one. Colts win over KC this year may be the blueprint we try to copy.