GDT: Definitely America’s Team at Chiefs

titans0021

3 minutes ago, TitanSS said:

49ers plug any RB in and it works. No need to pay them 15m.

Shanahan ZBS has always been nasty, been working in the NFL since Mike Shanahan started coaching the Broncos in the 90s and no one has really been able to consistently stop it. Its what Kubiak has made a career off of too.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, TitanSS said:

49ers plug any RB in and it works. No need to pay them 15m.

But we don't have Shanahan as a play caller either.

I don't think we can just plug anyone in our system. Dawkins and Lewis looked bad agains the Saints when plugged in there. 

I understand not wanting to pay Henry, but Henry is an emotional leader on this team, that cost something.
Henry is a star, that cost something. 
You'd have to invest in the position. 

Want to sign Gus Edwards in FA? Melvin Gordon?
Draft one in the 1st or 2nd instead of a CB or Edge rusher?

Or hope for a 5th rounder to be worth it?

Also this is only Raheem Mostert's 2nd 100 yard game of the season.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Titans fan 617 said:

Also let’s not forget who’s fault it was for today’s game

Those bum @ss Houston Texans for blowing a 24-0 lead last week 

We’d be in Miami in 2 weeks if we played them today lol

I said that earlier in the thread. 
Lame Watson and stupid Texans. 

BOB can't even lose right.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

But we don't have Shanahan as a play caller either.

I don't think we can just plug anyone in our system. Dawkins and Lewis looked bad agains the Saints when plugged in there. 

I understand not wanting to pay Henry, but Henry is an emotional leader on this team, that cost something.
Henry is a star, that cost something. 
You'd have to invest in the position. 

Want to sign Gus Edwards in FA? Melvin Gordon?
Draft one in the 1st or 2nd instead of a CB or Edge rusher?

Or hope for a 5th rounder to be worth it?

Also this is only Raheem Mostert's 2nd 100 yard game of the season.

Right. And yet the niners are a top rushing team. 100 yard rushers don't win games.

I love Henry, but RBs aren't worth what he'll get paid. To pay him after the last 8 weeks is basically like the Ravens paying Flacco, but it's a RB.

Sign Breida for 1/4 of his price and draft someone on day 2. Use that Henry money to pay a big pass rusher. 

5 minutes ago, TitanSS said:

Right. And yet the niners are a top rushing team. 100 yard rushers don't win games.

I love Henry, but RBs aren't worth what he'll get paid. To pay him after the last 8 weeks is basically like the Ravens paying Flacco, but it's a RB.

Sign Breida for 1/4 of his price and draft someone on day 2. Use that Henry money to pay a big pass rusher. 

Funny enough, 49ers have two of the top 14 paid RBs in football. One is McKinnon who hasn't played since 2017 due to injury, the other Coleman had all of 544 yards on the year.

I'm sure we'll see them freeing up that cap space ASAP.

Reposting this here since it posted over in the Tannehill thread for some reason instead lol

• Like 2

1 minute ago, TitanSS said:

Sometimes you just have a good vibe going and need to not mess with it. You have to gameplan against Henry. You don't have to for Breida. I dunno. I wouldn't mess with it. 

If you pay anyone, I think it's Henry. I understand why you don't but 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TitanSlim said:

When I hear we can just replace Henry with RB by committee, I get bad memories of the Shonn Greene, Bishop Sankey, Antonio Andrews, David Cobb era. *shudders*

Cmon the Jackie Battle era was can’t miss 

Henry needs to be brought back

I don’t like over paying for RBs but the guy deserves and extension 

But the Titans should move on from Lewis and look to add a better backup 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

Sometimes you just have a good vibe going and need to not mess with it. You have to gameplan against Henry. You don't have to for Breida. I dunno. I wouldn't mess with it. 

If you pay anyone, I think it's Henry. I understand why you don't but 

I think Tannehill and Conklin are absolutely priority #1 and #2 due to positional value.

Seems like Vrabel wants to #EstablishTheRun, so I'm sure we'll see us give him a ridiculous contract that looks stupid in 2 years like just about  every other RB who makes north of 8m.

I love Vrabel as a coach, but I hope he abandons some of the old school thought processes that lead to aggressive teams taking advantage of you. I like running the ball when it's working, but I absolutely hate the establish the run principle that involves continuing to pump out rushes when it's not working and leads to punting early in the game. 

4 minutes ago, TitanSS said:

I think Tannehill and Conklin are absolutely priority #1 and #2 due to positional value.

Seems like Vrabel wants to #EstablishTheRun, so I'm sure we'll see us give him a ridiculous contract that looks stupid in 2 years like just about  every other RB who makes north of 8m.

I love Vrabel as a coach, but I hope he abandons some of the old school thought processes that lead to aggressive teams taking advantage of you. I like running the ball when it's working, but I absolutely hate the establish the run principle that involves continuing to pump out rushes when it's not working and leads to punting early in the game. 

As good as Tanny was, I think it was a case of what many said about Marcus. They were calling plays to hide some of his faults. I think if we were able to throw the ball more consistently and more often, we would have. But seeing the shortcomings of Tanny leads to more of a run heavy approach?

I think if we had more skilled players to be more aggressive passing the ball more often, we would. But the way the QB play is and the way the offensive line plays, you got to have a run first approach.

Conklin, Davis mainly and even the other guys showed too often this year they couldn't handle pass rush too much and Arthur Smith doesn't know how to design/call a good passing game.

Maybe we need a passing game coordinator?