GDT: Definitely America’s Team at Chiefs

titans0021

For the 1st who think Resigning Tanny over Henry is smart cough cough 🗣Y’all lost y’all mind. Here’s the thing Tannehill is good don’t get me wrong he earned himself a new contract hope he stays, but this offense starts with Derrick Henry, we’re a run 1st team not a pass to setup the run team. Defenses play us they put 8-10 guys in the box to stop 1 man & they basically say we’ll give you 1 on 1s on the outside because we like our chances. Okay now Tannehill was Ben Rothlisburger or Pat Mahomes do you think defenses would load up the box to stop Henry or play cover 2 🤔. Better ask Levean Bell how Life without Big Ben was for him

5 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

As good as Tanny was, I think it was a case of what many said about Marcus. They were calling plays to hide some of his faults. I think if we were able to throw the ball more consistently and more often, we would have. But seeing the shortcomings of Tanny leads to more of a run heavy approach?

I think if we had more skilled players to be more aggressive passing the ball more often, we would. But the way the QB play is and the way the offensive line plays, you got to have a run first approach.

Conklin, Davis mainly and even the other guys showed too often this year they couldn't handle pass rush too much and Arthur Smith doesn't know how to design/call a good passing game.

Maybe we need a passing game coordinator?

He was on pace to throw for nearly 4200 yards and 35 TDs in the regular season. We got to the post season because of him throwing the ball. Nothing at all like Mariota.

I don't know why we all the sudden decided he couldn't throw in the post-season.

• Like 1

Just now, KingTitan said:

My feelings exactly.

Are we ready to call Arthur Smith an elite play caller/schemer? 

or

Is it that Henry is an elite player elevating an average playcaller?

Bucky Brooks believes you should continue to run the ball even if you're not good at it to establish the run.

He basically believes in wasting downs.

Henry is in year 4. Why is it that he never looked like this in a season without Tannehill averaging 10 yards per pass?

Just now, TitanSS said:

Bucky Brooks believes you should continue to run the ball even if you're not good at it to establish the run.

Henry is in year 4. Why is it that he never looked like this in a season without Tannehill averaging 10 yards per pass?

I think they dependent on each other. 

But the psychology of the tweet remains true to me.

4 minutes ago, TitanRedd said:

For the 1st who think Resigning Tanny over Henry is smart cough cough 🗣Y’all lost y’all mind. Here’s the thing Tannehill is good don’t get me wrong he earned himself a new contract hope he stays, but this offense starts with Derrick Henry, we’re a run 1st team not a pass to setup the run team. Defenses play us they put 8-10 guys in the box to stop 1 man & they basically say we’ll give you 1 on 1s on the outside because we like our chances. Okay now Tannehill was Ben Rothlisburger or Pat Mahomes do you think defenses would load up the box to stop Henry or play cover 2 🤔. Better ask Levean Bell how Life without Big Ben was for him

Ask the 2018 Steelers what their rushing game was without Bell. 

What was Henry without Tannehill though honestly? Averaging under 4 YPC this season without him. The only time he had put together consistent good games in his career was like the last 4 games last season. He's in year 4.

1 minute ago, TitanSS said:

Because the titans weren’t giving him the Dayum ball simple. Henry started his career playing behind who 🤔 Demarco Murray, & when Demarco leaves & he’s finally the man, boom Vrabrel & Lefleur try’s running a RB by Committee. Henry always had this talent go back & watch him in college, the only year he then dominate was when he shared the backfield with Ingram, Ingram left he was the workhorse bam you got a heisman winner & a national champion. Henry nearly rushed us into the playoffs last season but Blane Gabbert stunk it up 

Just now, KingTitan said:

I think they dependent on each other. 

But the psychology of the tweet remains true to me.

I agree that Tannehill cannot be a true drop back and pass guy. He at least needs the threat of a running game.

Stats have proven for years that play action success is not dictated by running game success.

1 minute ago, TitanRedd said:

Because the titans weren’t giving him the Dayum ball simple. Henry started his career playing behind who 🤔 Demarco Murray, & when Demarco leaves & he’s finally the man, boom Vrabrel & Lefleur try’s running a RB by Committee. Henry always had this talent go back & watch him in college, the only year he then dominate was when he shared the backfield with Ingram, Ingram left he was the workhorse bam you got a heisman winner & a national champion. Henry nearly rushed us into the playoffs last season but Blane Gabbert stunk it up 

I believe he's a good RB. I just also believe that running success is far more dependant on the OL than the RB. 

Both matter, absolutely. One absolutely matters a lot more.

Positional value matters.

Just now, TitanSS said:

Ask the 2018 Steelers what their rushing game was without Bell. 

What was Henry without Tannehill though honestly? Averaging under 4 YPC this season without him. The only time he had put together consistent good games in his career was like the last 4 games last season. He's in year 4.

Go see willi Parker, Rashard Mendenhall DeAngelo Williams. Pittsburgh can put any RB behind Big Ben because they’re not a run 1st team. Opponents play the Steelers they didn’t load up the box the double Antonio Brown 

2 minutes ago, TitanSS said:

I believe he's a good RB. I just also believe that running success is far more dependant on the OL than the RB. 

Both matter, absolutely. One absolutely matters a lot more.

Positional value matters.

I agree with that but check this out, Ryan Tannehill is like Jared Goff & what I mean by that is give him a OL & a running game you’ll see more good than bad & you can hide his flaws without the 2 it’s gone be ugly like aunt Ester 

2 minutes ago, TitanRedd said:

Go see willi Parker, Rashard Mendenhall DeAngelo Williams. Pittsburgh can put any RB behind Big Ben because they’re not a run 1st team. Opponents play the Steelers they didn’t load up the box the double Antonio Brown 

Let them load up the box against us. Tannehill can throw it if he's not forced to think too much.

If they try to stop him our OL is good enough for a round 2 guy to take off. Doesn't have to be the highest paid guy in the league.