GDT: Definitely America’s Team at Chiefs

titans0021

The thing with the Henry talk is that it’s kind of a waste of time. I’m honestly not sure if we should pay him. History is against paying backs, especially ones that are as one-dimensional as Henry. He has a game that I think will age pretty well, but traditionally, it just doesn’t make sense to give a back a second contract.

With that said, it doesn’t matter, he’s going to get paid and he’s going to be back next year. Robinson has shown what he wants the offensive identity to be. Vrabel has shown what he wants the offensive identity to be. Arthur Smith has shown what he wants the offensive identity to be. And it’s built around Henry and the line.

Add in that he’s 26 and the face of the franchise, a franchise that might have a chance to build on this run and win over the city, and you’re just not going to let the fan’s favorite walk. Stupid or not, he’s definitely a Titan next year.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

The thing with the Henry talk is that it’s kind of a waste of time. I’m honestly not sure if we should pay him. History is against paying backs, especially ones that are as one-dimensional as Henry. He has a game that I think will age pretty well, but traditionally, it just doesn’t make sense to give a back a second contract.

With that said, it doesn’t matter, he’s going to get paid and he’s going to be back next year. Robinson has shown what he wants the offensive identity to be. Vrabel has shown what he wants the offensive identity to be. Arthur Smith has shown what he wants the offensive identity to be. And it’s built around Henry and the line.

Add in that he’s 26 and the face of the franchise, a franchise that might have a chance to build on this run and win over the city, and you’re just not going to let the fan’s favorite walk. Stupid or not, he’s definitely a Titan next year.

I’m with a similar thinking 

I’m not saying make him the highest paid RB and reset the market

We see time an time again good RBs come from any where like Mostert

I think he earned a new deal to stay here 

Like it was mentioned in a previous post look at all the bags of crap we had before we got Murray and Henry

Henry literally gave the Titans an identity again 

I think we have to do the right thing and keep him 

Hes not a 3 down back but I’m sure the Titans and Henry can come to some type of deal that works 

Just now, TitanSlim said:

Sometimes a play happens in a game where you're just like "yeah, we're probably not winning this one".

That's how that Mahomes run felt.

When we were up by 10, I thought ok the offense has a groove and the defense is capable of making a stop. 

But yeah that run felt like dude is in a zone. 

The sequence that ultimately did us in 

Titans could have gotten to the 2 minute warning and come out of it at 3rd and 2 I believe

Instead of just going to the sidelines we try lining up and dinking around and Conklin gets a false start at 2:02 then goes from 3rd and 2 to 3rd and 7 

We desperately needed to pick up that first down because of KC getting the ball back after the half so the Titans needed to almost run out the half or score a TD or FG to almost end the half 

That whole sequence killed us because Mahomes marched down the field and scored and then they got the ball after the half and ran away with the game

Titans had opportunities to get back in but I just feel that stuff at the 2 min warning flipped the momentum and we couldn’t get it back then the crap with ref throwing the holding call on Kelly before the play happened and everything just spiraled out of control 

23 minutes ago, Titans fan 617 said:

Titans could have gotten to the 2 minute warning and come out of it at 3rd and 2 I believe

Instead of just going to the sidelines we try lining up and dinking around and Conklin gets a false start at 2:02 then goes from 3rd and 2 to 3rd and 7 

We desperately needed to pick up that first down because of KC getting the ball back after the half so the Titans needed to almost run out the half or score a TD or FG to almost end the half 

That whole sequence killed us because Mahomes marched down the field and scored and then they got the ball after the half and ran away with the game

Titans had opportunities to get back in but I just feel that stuff at the 2 min warning flipped the momentum and we couldn’t get it back then the crap with ref throwing the holding call on Kelly before the play happened and everything just spiraled out of control 

I forgot about the Conklin false start, really was a killer since I’m convinced the only reason we were at the line was to draw them offsides.

2 hours ago, Titans fan 617 said:

That Mahomes TD run really ticked me off

Im not saying head hunt and concuss the guy but cmon Brock light the guy up man 

Even if he slides take the shot 

Sorensen lit Tannehill up on his run. That’s what Evans and Brock should have done. That TD run b4 half was the nail in the coffin. 

42 minutes ago, Titans fan 617 said:

No, Conklin false start was before the end of the 1st quarter. We ended up scoring anyway that drive.

That end of the 2nd quarter drive was when we went 3 and out with the run, run, screen to Lewis plays. Arthur Smith's lack of aggression that drive was the beginning of the end imo.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, TitanSlim said:

No, Conklin false start was before the end of the 1st quarter. We ended up scoring anyway that drive.

That end of the 2nd quarter drive was when we went 3 and out with the run, run, screen to Lewis plays. Arthur Smith's lack of aggression that drive was the beginning of the end imo.

I’m pretty sure Conklin got another false start going into the 2min warning 

I remember we ran a play I said good let me go pee since we are going to the 2min warning but then I come out of the bathroom and I hear Romo talking about Conklin taking a penalty 

If I’m wrong I’m wrong but I swore we took a penalty going into the 2 min warning 

Edited by Titans fan 617

11 minutes ago, TitanSlim said:

You’re right. Don’t know why I had that flipped.