GDT: Definitely America’s Team at Chiefs

titans0021

14 hours ago, BayRaider said:

After 48 hours of research, thinking, and comparing... 

I’m going 24-23 Titans

However, my confidence meter for this one is 50.1%. Basically a coin flip for me. I will not gloat if the Titans win, and will not be surprised in any such way if the Chiefs win. 

Why I think Titans will win:

Derrick Henry is almost unstoppable at the moment and I have faith in Ryan Tannehil. KC is gonna sell out to stop Henry due to Tannehil having 150 passing yards combined the last two games. However, Tannehil has been slicing and dicing teams all season, especially the deep ball. And the Chiefs corners leave a lot to be desired. 

The main reason I see the Titans winning is the Titans winning the ToP battle by pounding the football and waiting until :02 to snap the ball. This will not be like the Texans/Chiefs. Titans are not going to allow this to be a shootout. 

The second main reason I see a Titan win here is the Titans stopping the Chiefs in the Redzone multiple times. Titans are playing physical and tough right now and I see KC settling for three separate FG’s between the 36 and 12 yard line range. 

Titans grind out another win, when everyone is doubting them a third straight time. They were always a monster team that started the first six games at a massive handicap. 

I’m not betting but this is what I would bet:

Titans +7 1/2 (not confident enough for the ML)

Under 52 1/2

34 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

After 48 hours of research, thinking, and comparing... 

I’m going 24-23 Titans

However, my confidence meter for this one is 50.1%. Basically a coin flip for me. I will not gloat if the Titans win, and will not be surprised in any such way if the Chiefs win. 

Why I think Titans will win:

Derrick Henry is almost unstoppable at the moment and I have faith in Ryan Tannehil. KC is gonna sell out to stop Henry due to Tannehil having 150 passing yards combined the last two games. However, Tannehil has been slicing and dicing teams all season, especially the deep ball. And the Chiefs corners leave a lot to be desired. 

The main reason I see the Titans winning is the Titans winning the ToP battle by pounding the football and waiting until :02 to snap the ball. This will not be like the Texans/Chiefs. Titans are not going to allow this to be a shootout. 

The second main reason I see a Titan win here is the Titans stopping the Chiefs in the Redzone multiple times. Titans are playing physical and tough right now and I see KC settling for three separate FG’s between the 36 and 12 yard line range. 

Titans grind out another win, when everyone is doubting them a third straight time. They were always a monster team that started the first six games at a massive handicap. 

I’m not betting but this is what I would bet:

Titans +7 1/2 (not confident enough for the ML)

Under 52 1/2

It's funny listening to the media talk about us not being able to win because we can't throw for 70 yards and beat the Chiefs. We won't score enough they say. You can tell that the only Titans games they've watched the entire season were in the playoffs. We averaged 30.4 points per game with Tannehill starting at QB in the regular season, and most of it was done through the air. Tannehill threw for 260 YPG and 22 TDs in 10 games.

The Patriots game plan was entirely to take away Ryan Tannehill and the play-action, not Derrick Henry, and the Titans just kept running it into favorable boxes. We shot ourselves in the foot a couple times and prevented us from scoring in the second half. The Ravens game was different entirely. Once we got a 14 point lead we were shortening that game and our play-calling changed. It wasn't all Henry prior to that.

However, this game still scares me. The Chiefs have the best passer in the game right now, 4 ridiculously good receiving options that are among the fastest at their position, a very good pass-blocking OL, and a great offensive coach. 

Two polar opposite philosophies going head to head. I think we will be able to score points, but I do worry that the Titans will try too hard to shorten the game and end up not scoring as a result. Getting down early against the Chiefs would be rough as it's hard to stop them from scoring to come back.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, RuskieTitan said:

I hate statistics like this. Those other games have absolutely no bearing on our upcoming match. Just fluff to pump ourselves up with false confidence. 

True that. Just like the fact that we always lose to the Texans and beat the Chiefs has no bearing on this upcoming game. 

Idgaf what history says, give me the Texans over the Chiefs in this game 10 out of 10 times. Was so let down that the Texans had a 24 pt lead with 11 mins left in the 2nd quarter only to be losing 10 minutes later. Joke.