GDT: Definitely America’s Team at Chiefs

titans0021

4 hours ago, KingTitan said:

I will say this playoff run has been maybe the most satisfying stretch of my Titans fandom.  

Super Bowl run was great, but I was younger in my fandom and wasn't as passionate as i am now. I"d actually miss a game back then and see how the results turned out. 
2008 was a good season but ended so badly that made the season just a horrible memory. 

But the season stretch of AJ Brown, Tanny, Henry, Vrabel, defense....then this playoff run. I am just enjoying it all. It could end all Sunday and I'll have no regrets. I am just happy for this team and the city. 
We've taken down two giants....not just taken down but slayed. 

I will watch Sunday with as clear of a mind. Nervous of course, but relaxed. 

They've owe me nothing.

But.......I hope they go out there and TAKE EVERYTHING!

This has been such a roller coster season for me.

I had pretty much stop watching the team after the Bills game. It was setting up for another season of mediocre offense/good defense that would lead to us losing a win and in game vs Houston.  You know, "Same ole Titans".

Not to sound overdramatic but it was honestly a time of self reflection for me as a fan. I was really questioning why I invest so much time, money and energy for a franchise who's peak looked like a 9-7 wild card team, who would never have a quality offense. Never be a serious contender. It was the lowest I'd been as a Titans fan.

Fast forward to now, and like you said, these past two or so months have been the most fun I've had as a Titans fan. Between Tannehill having a career year, or King Henry playing like one the best RB of all time, or AJ Brown playing like a WR never seen in a Titans uniform before, or guys like Vrabel, Arthur Smith, Lewan, Stafford and the OL as a whole turning around their early season struggles, it's been a blast.

Beating the Patriots in Foxboro and the Ravens in Baltimore puts a cap on what has been an unforgettable season for the team and myself as a fan. A Super Bowl apperence would of course be great, but this season has already been one for the ages.

• Like 4

@TitanSlim I feel you 100000%. I reached depths of fandom that I had never experienced before. Even in the 2-3 win years, we were just a bad team with no expectations but at least the intrigue of a high draft pick. That didn’t hurt as bad as mid-season did. 

for me, a lot of it had to do with Mariota. I was just so sure of him in 2016. Like he was IT. You saw a light go on and the future was so bright...he was looking like a future top 5 guy. Then the Jags game happened and he broke his leg. He was just so obviously never the same...even in his best games against Philly and NE...the performances weren’t as legit impressive as his best 2016 ones. Who knows the true reason why it didn’t work out, but his downfall from 2017-now was just crushing to me. Loved watching him play, believed so much in him...if he couldn’t pan out how could we as a team?

i didn’t miss a snap this year and never ever would, but the apathy I watched with was the worst I’ve ever had. Again, it was more enjoyable watching our 2 win team in a sense for me. Even down the stretch I felt like I had a carrot dangled in front of me until the Houston loss. I wanted the afc south title so bad. I felt lied to once again by this team.

but since then we’ve been locked in. They have been so ready for this. I’m so proud of them. I’ve never loved this team so much, I feel like I’ve grown as a fan this year. It’s weird to think about, and maybe my fanhood is too big part of my life, but I love just being a sports fan. Sports are a beautiful thing. And we are approaching the pinnacle after years looking up. It’s beautiful and I can’t stop chasing the light. 

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, titanrick said:

I wonder if anyone has ever beaten all four division champs in a row. I can’t imagine that’s ever happened before. We started in week 17. 

Don't think they have. It would be the first time, simply because it's just so rare to even be in position to even do.

I'm really at peace. It's like at the end of Toy Story 2 (spoiler alert) lol.  When they just all accepted they were about to be put into the fire and just embraced each other, only to be saved by those alien things. 
So I am looking at Mahommes and the Chiefs as the eventual pit of fire.... 

Related image

Who will save us?
Image result for derrick henry gif

• Like 4

It is a long wait for sure something to cherish and be excited about.  

just a couple more thoughts.   We had zero three and outs against a very good Baltimore defense -  continuing that trend would be a good thing 

I watched some of the KC game it seemed the coach and team went into panic mode a lot.   That fake punt at own 31 up is just a crazy panic moved.    While there were times against Indy in the past with Manning when no one was stopping them I could see going for it a lot on 4th down outside FG range. At that point and score of the game it’s just a silly move as a 1st down really doesn’t do much for you as you still have to get another 49 yards to score. And all that does is recharge the crowd and then putting your D right back out there gives them a huge lift .. then in the second half it seemed like Houston was trying to hit the home run every time rather then just making the play

I hope our coaches are better contained and focused.

still the first 5-7 minutes of the game will be real interesting.   Can we come out focused ignoring the crowd noise and execute the plays.    Does KC come out feeling intitled and a little lax giving us an opening to get off to a good start and silence the crowd 

• Like 1

The goal is to win a Super Bowl obviously, but given the expectations after a 2-4 start, a playoff berth was all I could ask for. Avenging the 2003 loss to New England and possibly ending their dynasty? Cherry on top. Beating a historic #1 seed Baltimore team and making their fans feel what we felt after the 2008 season? Priceless.

Your just not, "supposed to be here" when you start 2-4, so even though the stakes are high and there's so much to lose after coming so far, it just feels like we're playing with house money. Those New England and Baltimore wins are just so sweet that this season is a success whether or not we make it to the dance or not. And the best part...we have a legit shot to make the dance. This team can ******* do it.

• Like 6

Not to get too sentimental but I’m glad I’m getting to experience this with you guys. You guys are great fans who deserve this.

it’s a true pleasure to talk titans with you guys everyday. I don’t personally know any Titan fans, so you’re all I got!

• Like 3

While I also as a fan felt depressed a lot earlie in the year Marcus was still is and has been for years my favorite titan.   I really didn’t  like Tannehil much a lot of that due to crap fest of a game against Miami 

still Tannehill has proved me wrong by being extremely consistent this year something he wasn’t in Miami for what ever reason.   

the other thing that has relighted much fire  is this team won some games they would have lost in previous years.   The SD game comes to mind when SD not only failed to get the winning TD but also some how failed to get the thing FG with 1st goal at the 1.  Much like how we lost to them going for two one year on the final play.  I also didn’t see us beating KC as we did moving down field and getting that late TD as time was running out 

theee are other signs that we should win this game but I am very superstitious and will keep quiet about them.   

but I must warn all fans don’t be happy with just getting this far.  When your team has a chance to make win super bowl they need to come through who knows the next time Titans will play in the AFC championship game.  It isn’t. A given we will be back next year

11 minutes ago, deeluxx3 said:

Not to get too sentimental but I’m glad I’m getting to experience this with you guys. You guys are great fans who deserve this.

it’s a true pleasure to talk titans with you guys everyday. I don’t personally know any Titan fans, so you’re all I got!

Image result for salute gif

I feel ya. 
When I'm away from the phone or keyboard watching the game, I can hear everyone's reaction in my head.
I can hear people calling people bums, arguing about the playcalls. 

It is a cool thing and really cool during the times like this.

• Like 1

I haven’t worn Titans apparel on a Sunday (or Saturday the last two weeks) since we benched Marcus. Started because I was just so disgusted with the franchise, now it just feels like a good omen. So if anyone spots some idiot in a Milwaukee Bucks hoodie at the game Sunday, that’ll be me.

• Like 3