NFC Championship: GB@SF

Manny/Patrick

Who will win?   

130 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• San Francisco 49ers
    • Green Bay Packers

2 hours ago, Elky said:

Gren Bay was not 13-3 good. They were more 10-6/9-7.

I don't agree.  Just because the Niners are clearly better than everyone in the NFC, doesn't mean the Packers weren't a really good team as well.  The Niners basically outclass everyone in the conference.

Just now, Elky said:

What does NE have to do with anything? I'm talking about GB.

I mean, you clearly watched enough of the Packers this year to deduct that they are at best a 10-6 team. So I would love to hear what you think the Patriots adjusted record would look like. 

1 minute ago, Cheesehawk said:

I mean, you clearly watched enough of the Packers this year to deduct that they are at best a 10-6 team. So I would love to hear what you think the Patriots adjusted record would look like. 

Pretty sure most Pats fans didn't think they had a 12-4 worthy team eithe

If the best counter to a statement that a team wasn’t as good as its record is to go after said poster’s home team, maybe there’s just merit to the original take.  

I say that with zero reason to have a thing but bias against the Pats as an AFC fan.   It’s just pretty hard to argue against the take that GB’s 13-3 record was a mirage. 

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, showtime said:

I don't agree.  Just because the Niners are clearly better than everyone in the NFC, doesn't mean the Packers weren't a really good team as well.  The Niners basically outclass everyone in the conference.

I get what he's saying though. Ignoring the scoreboard, the Packers had the look of a team that is good enough to win more games than they lose, but not particularly great at anything enough to really scare anybody. "10-6" seems fair.

2 minutes ago, DannyB said:

I get what he's saying though. Ignoring the scoreboard, the Packers had the look of a team that is good enough to win more games than they lose, but not particularly great at anything enough to really scare anybody. "10-6" seems fair.

That’s right brother. Winning and losing ugly was the motto this season. Still heck of a season. How many years you think Aaron has left? My worse fears came true yesterday. Playoff Rodgers showed up.. dudes been regressing a lot and it shows. He hsnt been the same bad dude in a good 4-5 years. 

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, showtime said:

Aside from beating a tough division rival twice (Minnesota), is there really an impressive win on their 2019 schedule? The only time they were tested by a top team (San Francisco, Week 12) they got throttled 37-8. Not to toot my own horn but I saw this thumping coming from a mile away. 

56 minutes ago, Jakuvious said:

For the record, the expected W/L for the Packers season this year, based on points scored and allowed, was 9.7-6.3. So statistically, they did look like a 10-6 team. A point differential of +63 is crazy low for a 13 win team.

For the record, the expected W/L for the Packers this season this year based on swapping the result of all "close" (defined as a win probability between 40 and 60 anytime within the last 5 minutes of the game) games was 12-4. So, they did look like a 13-3 team that yielded significant garbage points to make final results appear closer than they actually were.

SF was a terrible match-up, but GB did beat the AFC Super Bowl team on the road and 2/3 of the other NFC playoff teams they faced this season.

The "lucky breaks and gift calls" narrative (not your's, I know) is utter nonsense and ignorant. @Elky

3 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

For the record, the expected W/L for the Packers this season this year based on swapping the result of all "close" (defined as a win probability between 40 and 60 anytime within the last 5 minutes of the game) games was 12-4. So, they did look like a 13-3 team that yielded significant garbage points to make final results appear closer than they actually were.

SF was a terrible match-up, but GB did beat the AFC Super Bowl team on the road and 2/3 of the other NFC playoff teams they faced this season.

The "lucky breaks and gift calls" narrative (not your's, I know) is utter nonsense and ignorant. @Elky

Beat the AFC champ without……? 😏

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, ITS_RAMMY_PLAYBOI said:

That’s right brother. Winning and losing ugly was the motto this season. Still heck of a season. How many years you think Aaron has left? My worse fears came true yesterday. Playoff Rodgers showed up.. dudes been regressing a lot and it shows. He hsnt been the same bad dude in a good 4-5 years. 

Do you see what he's throwing too outside of Adams? Packers need to get him another viable weapon in the passing game...