NFC Championship: GB@SF

Manny/Patrick

Who will win?   

130 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• San Francisco 49ers
    • Green Bay Packers

7 hours ago, Hukos said:

Speaking as a Falcons fan, that game was a complete fluke on our part. There's absolutely no way the game is even within six touchdowns if we replayed it. Grady Jarrett had to play like a Hall of Fame DT to keep you guys from dropping 50+ on our bottom five secondary.

I'd be shocked if the 49ers aren't in the Super Bowl.

Your defense played REALLY well in a lot of the games to end the season. Our offense from that game until the 4th quarter of the Rams game was really stagnant, but Jarrett was a complete game wrecker. The offense was completely stymied and just off rhythm. Quinn and the crew had a great defensive game plan and deserve a lot of credit. If it was replayed, sure the Niners likely win by two or so scores. But that doesn't meant he Falcons weren't the better team that day or didn't deserve to win the game, because they did. 

13 hours ago, EaglesPeteC said:

Rodgers’ last stand or Jimmy G’s break out?

It will be the 49er defense that decides the outcome of the game.  Neither QB will have any say in the matter.

This is not rocket science.  All you have to do is stop the run and double-team Davante Adams because he is the only receiver Aaron Rodgers wants to throw the ball to.  To beat Green Bay's offense, all you have to do is stop the run, which is admittedly easier said than done, and then keep Adams covered.  If the Niners can do this, Aaron Rodgers will stand there like a deer in the headlights until those beastly pass rushers get home or he will throw the ball away.

Edited by Uncle Buck

Just now, incognito_man said:

7 point underdogs according to Vegas

It's fun flying under the radar

I mean what were you expecting? Those odds are about right. Not saying the Packers can't win, but you get three points playing at home essentially and the Niners have been the better team with a big blowout win when these two teams met. About the same odds as they were last week against the Vikings. 

3 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I mean what were you expecting? Those odds are about right. Not saying the Packers can't win, but you get three points playing at home essentially and the Niners have been the better team with a big blowout win when these two teams met. About the same odds as they were last week against the Vikings. 

I guessed a 6 point spread before it came out, so this is almost exactly what I was expecting?

I think this line moves down to 6 sometime this week.

Edited by incognito_man

1 hour ago, 40Year Pack Fan said:

I believe the key to the game is Garopolo....If we can cause him to make turnovers, that will certainly help in our favor.....This and ARod needs to get rid of the ball quickly.....Any indecisiveness will certainly work to the niner's advantage....

The key is gonna be another WR or Jimmy Graham who steps up. Put Lazard or Allison on Sherman's side and just ignore him, and try to get as many under quick throws in there as possible. The OL should be able to hold it's own as long as we don't get way behind early and have to drop back 50 times. 

Packers only shot is to have no turnovers on offense and keep the running game going. 

8 hours ago, Hukos said:

Speaking as a Falcons fan, that game was a complete fluke on our part. There's absolutely no way the game is even within six touchdowns if we replayed it. Grady Jarrett had to play like a Hall of Fame DT to keep you guys from dropping 50+ on our bottom five secondary.

I'd be shocked if the 49ers aren't in the Super Bowl.

Grady was amazing in that game. He seriously wrecked our entire offense all on his own. 

Also, I think Jimmy struggles against those type of secondary coverages. 

11 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

I guessed a 6 point spread before it came out, so this is almost exactly what I was expecting?

I think this line moves down to 6 sometime this week.

Yeah, I sense there will be a lot of action GB's way this week and the line will drop some. 

12 minutes ago, JBURGE said:

The key is gonna be another WR or Jimmy Graham who steps up. Put Lazard or Allison on Sherman's side and just ignore him, and try to get as many under quick throws in there as possible. The OL should be able to hold it's own as long as we don't get way behind early and have to drop back 50 times. 

Packers only shot is to have no turnovers on offense and keep the running game going. 

Rodgers NEVER tests Sherman and that's a big problem. Our pass defense despite all the injuries to the DL/secondary, still allowed the least amount of yards in the league with the lowest YPA. But not testing Sherman ever makes it easier for the defense. After the NO game, really no QB has thrown Sherman's way all that much. You can't be afraid to throw his way as it isn't like he is impossible to get anything against. A lot of times our corners play with the bail technique giving up the comeback route. More then just getting another receiver going, the Packers will need to get Jones going. With no PA threat, the DL is just going to eventually tee off. And that's regardless how good the Packers OL is. 

49ers should roll. 

With that said, I hope the Packers pull off a miracle. Need a second WR option to step up and Aaron Jones to keep playing how he has.

Need more than 1 INT out of Jimmy G, which is certainly possible. Great young coaching battle, but edge Shanahan. 

34-17 49ers

35 minutes ago, Forge said:

Grady was amazing in that game. He seriously wrecked our entire offense all on his own. 

Also, I think Jimmy struggles against those type of secondary coverages. 

There are other Falcons fans who think he's overpaid because he doesn't get sacks and thus we should have let him walk (hint: DTs that aren't Aaron Donald generally don't get a lot of sacks, and if the coverage was better, Grady would get more sacks). I'm dead serious when I say Grady Jarrett was the most impactful Falcon in 2019, even moreso than Julio Jones. He's just that good, and if he gets better, he's on the path to having an amazing career, maybe even a hall of fame career if he plays at this kind of level for his whole career. Bare minimum, he's a top 3 DT in the league. When we shocked the Saints, it was mostly the same thing - the Saints offensive line just got completely wrecked by Grady and it destroyed their ability to push the ball downfield and wrecked their gameplan on offense.

The games where Grady Jarrett is just kind of "okay", the defense kind of goes back into a shell, which is why I think the secondary is still trash. They've been getting covered by a great pass rush in this late season run.

As for the topic at hand, 49ers should run away with this one.

Edited by Hukos