NFC Championship: GB@SF

Manny/Patrick

Who will win?   

130 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• San Francisco 49ers
    • Green Bay Packers

29 minutes ago, DigInBoys said:

Man...Packers getting a lot of hate in this thread for being one of the most popular franchises in the NFL.

Tonight was essentially the Super Bowl for other NFC North fans.  Can't blame them for getting excited over their biggest game of the year. 

• Like 6

1 minute ago, CWood21 said:

Does anyone truly believe that the Titans are better than the Ravens?  All it takes is one game.  The 49ers were the better team.  I didn't need this game to prove that to me.

I do. They ran all over them and shut down their offence in their house after they rested their starters etc.   They ended up being as one of their players put it , get to the playoffs and "choke". It happens, teams sometimes need to lose and learn from that moving forward.  Playoffs are much more important than the regular season and all the stats and records that go with the regular season playing bad teams.

Just now, 3rivers said:

I do. They ran all over them and shut down their offence in their house after they rested their starters etc.   They ended up being as one of their players put it , get to the playoffs and "choke". It happens, teams sometimes need to lose and learn from that moving forward.  Playoffs are much more important than the regular season and all the stats and records that go with the regular season playing bad teams.

You mean the rushing yards were a bigger reason why Baltimore lost rather than the 3 turnovers?  Running the ball only works when you're ahead in the score.  When you're behind, you can't afford to run the ball and eat the clock.  Turnovers are the reason why Baltimore lost that game.

1 minute ago, Forge said:

Meanwhile, I'm a devils fan. If someone deserved this, it's me. 

Happy for you man.  No one actually means this when they say it, but I'll do it anyways.  I'm glad it was the 49ers that beat us.  That team is full of really likable players and they are super fun to watch, should be an awesome Super Bowl. 

• Like 2

Just now, CWood21 said:

You mean the rushing yards were a bigger reason why Baltimore lost rather than the 3 turnovers?  Running the ball only works when you're ahead in the score.  When you're behind, you can't afford to run the ball and eat the clock.  Turnovers are the reason why Baltimore lost that game.

If you allow 180+ yards in the playoffs, I think it spells defeat.  TO's never help either, its all a part of the game.  

Baltimore lost because of run defence, dropped passes/bad throws, TO's and out coached.  Thats what can happen though, they aren't the only team that's happened to . Most of us here have had similar types of losses to deal with at sometime in our lives , it's part of being a fan. 

49ers were one of the best teams in the NFL all year. Packers were decent but not great. We got beat by a clearly better team today, on their home field. Hard to get too upset. Congratulations to the NIners and all their fans on here.

Rooting for Jimmy G and San Fran in the Super Bowl. But I also like Mahomey...dammit! Should be a really good game.

• Like 1